TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Making my way down this afternoon for the first time since opening weekend. If anyone else is planning on being there, shoot me a message if you'd like to get some laps in on The Bull.

^ I'm unfortunately here now and it's way too crowded for me. Waited 45 minutes for Bizarro and am seeing lines for rides I haven't seen with lines for in years. Didn't expect the park to be this mobbed.

Edit: And Bizarro will be the only ride of the day for me. Great for the park, bad for me.

It was a combination of a few factors. There's the youth Catholic group there today, as well as today being a BAFF day. That, combined with today being one of the nicest weekend days in recent weeks, led to today being slammed. When you see Air Jumbo with a line out the queue, Dark Knight filling its outside queue, and Buccaneer's line spilling out of its entrance, you know it's a busy day.

How crowded would the park be on Sunday June 5?

It says it's Grad Nite but would the park be bearable? There's also an ERT after the park closes and from what I've heard those are fairly empty, although maybe not since it would be Grad Nite as well?

Thanks

How crowded would the park be on Sunday June 5?

It says it's Grad Nite but would the park be bearable? There's also an ERT after the park closes and from what I've heard those are fairly empty, although maybe not since it would be Grad Nite as well?

Thanks

June 5th is not a Grad Nite, only Friday June 3rd and June 10th. I would expect the park to be fairly crowded but nothing unbearable unless the weather is absolutely amazing and the days before are miserable. There's a Walk for Kids event that day so that may make the park slightly more crowded than it would be but I still wouldn't expect it to be crazy. And yes, the ERTs are always empty.

I was trying so hard to get to the park Sunday, after hearing all the reports of it being mobbed I'm so happy I didn't make it. "Everything happens for a reason." <- my life motto.

That said, I'm trying to get up there this weekend with a buddy. We'll see. Anyone else planning on going Sunday? Weather looks decent (rainy in morning) but that could be bad since its gonna be a washout on Saturday. Just hoping to go early for some bull runs.

Is Zumi still having issues where its stopping halfway up and being lowered? They need to sort that sh!t out.

Is Zumi still having issues where its stopping halfway up and being lowered? They need to sort that sh!t out.

Saw this happening when I got there Sunday. I hadn't realized it's a recurring thing.

Saw this happening when I got there Sunday. I hadn't realized it's a recurring thing.

I think Ka has been more reliable this year than Zumi has to be quite honest.

Are lines on Memorial Day as bad as Memorial Day weekend?

If I remember right, I think the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend is usually the most crowded. But the weather can always change that.

I think Ka has been more reliable this year than Zumi has to be quite honest.

Maybe so but it still has a long way to go before it takes the title of "Most unreliable piece of sh*t in the park" award away from Twister. Ka and Zu get all the attention but Twister was an unreliable piece of sh*t before it was cool

Ryan I know you probably can't say much of anything but any insight into what's going on there w/ Zumi? Is it a part issue? Seems to stop as it reaches the top of the brakes and they slowly low it down. Been hearing of it happening constantly. It's really bothering me that its had so many issues this year because imo its one of the best rides in the park. disclaimer: I did get two back to back rides on Zumi opening day w/ no issues. Just been hearing of it left and right since.

Also as far as visiting on holidays themselves - the actual Monday holiday (July 4th, Memorial Day, Labor Day) tend to be less crowded than the Sat/Sundays that precede them as most people just shack up at home and grill and fireworks and whatnot on the holiday. Cause 'Merica.

Well Intamin isn't exactly synonymous with reliability. Hopefully it gets sorted out before my next trip. I still haven't gotten myself on it. I might be comfortable riding drop towers I've ridden before, but I still don't enjoy heights.

Oh man you have to ride it. I've done it with so many people now and gotten so many different reactions but I love it. Most love it but a few friends have been freaked afterwards. And I've said it here before - I loathed drop towers after my g/f forcing me onto Morey's Larson tower the year it was built and I had a panic attack and swore off droptowers.

But then I forced myself on Zum - alone, the first time. Just to do it. I watched them built it that spring and I Just had to do it. A buddy I with refused and I did it anyway. One of those left-my-body due to the insane adrenaline of doing such a thing, the experience is a blur. And again its absolutely one of the best rides in the park. Its great that no one seems to feel like walking back there cause the line is always short. So short sometimes you can just get a couple re-rides. But since I've done it I do any and all drop towers, and love Morey's now.

I think it was just a matter of accepting that I don't know when I'm going to fall and not panic over it, just embrace it.

Yeah I gotta just get over that whole "Don't know when it's gonna drop" thing. With other towers there's some warning sign, and if you ride them enough you pick up on it. Larson towers have a barely audible clank when the clasp on the catch car bumps into the release. You got about .2 seconds from the time you hear the clank to when you drop. Dominator (Might be the same for all S&S towers but I'm not sure) is 5 seconds from the time you hit the top of the tower. Demon Drop is between 3 and 10 seconds depending where the car ahead of you is. There's a slight hiss of compressed air and you drop about .2 seconds after that.

Ryan I know you probably can't say much of anything but any insight into what's going on there w/ Zumi? Is it a part issue? Seems to stop as it reaches the top of the brakes and they slowly low it down. Been hearing of it happening constantly. It's really bothering me that its had so many issues this year because imo its one of the best rides in the park. disclaimer: I did get two back to back rides on Zumi opening day w/ no issues. Just been hearing of it left and right since.

Also as far as visiting on holidays themselves - the actual Monday holiday (July 4th, Memorial Day, Labor Day) tend to be less crowded than the Sat/Sundays that precede them as most people just shack up at home and grill and fireworks and whatnot on the holiday. Cause 'Merica.

I'll say that the ride itself is fine but it could use a software update

^LOL thanks! Sounds like its an issue with the rides running together? Ugh.

Unrelated thanks to C.J. at SFGADv Connoisseurs group for this new shot of Jokers plaza's latest progress. Looking good. I know I'm crazy for saying this but I think we'll be ready for Memorial Day.

plaza.jpg.76bda332cf7476a24031ea8a21b8485b.jpg