TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

They moved the babies to Camp Aventura but the walkway by the Seafari theater still has one lion cub and otters. The Safari doesn't have a set closing time, it's based on how long the line is because obviously everyone has to be off the ride before it gets dark.

Aargh! Keeping them in the walkway provides such great exposure to a larger audience (if promoted). Yesterday a couple with two kids was walking from Kingda Ka to El Toro, one kid started walking through the Seafari area telling dad it was a short cut. He told her they should just walk the normal way. I told the dad if they took the short cut there would be a huge surprise the whole family would enjoy. The two little girls were so thrilled when they saw the cubs playing around,

Sounds like a great day! I believe the safari closes around 5 so just hit that up first. I'll be getting to the park around 430 to 5pm myself tomorrow as well.

I was thinking Safari closed at 4. What about the baby animals in the Seafari by Ka? Larry or Bill - any idea what time that closes?

I'll be wearing sunglasses and my neon orange/pink plaid windbreaker again and mom has a bright green hoodie. If you see us say hi!!

I'm in the park today too so I'll keep an eye out for you.I'm in a light blue/black speckled fleece.

They just posted this themselves also

This is a great sign, Memorial Day is only a month away!

But how are they going to get all the landscaping and themed elements (including the station) done by then??

Oh, right.

We can believe they will be on time until they tell us they are not on time, which will probably be in the coming weeks.

My point was that they'll be on time because they won't to jack sh*t. There won't be any theming, the queue railings probably won't even be cemented in when it opens and that piece of metal that's there now is probably the station. It's done.. Lol

^ Thanks!

Unrelated, anyone just get the latest passholder email? The header is a picture of Dare Devil Dive (SFOG), and almost all of the coasters pictured are not even at Great Adventure.

Oh and also: It's coming.

1730061304_allseason.jpg.04a08c3305ba37ef556088cd7dd0996a.jpg

^ For Magic Mountain it was $799, but at the time they announced it, it was on sale for $499. Kind of insane unless you go all the time and have cash to burn. And yeah, the page was broken for me too.

edit: SFMM is still running the $499 sale. https://www.sixflags.com/magicmountain/store/season-flash-pass

Edited by boldikus

Last time I was up one of the keepers said they were going to move the cubs to Camp Aventura but didn't know when. Too bad they moved them already but at least there's still some cute animals in the cut-thru walkway.

We're on our way from Morristown and will arrive a little after 5pm, grabbing a quick bite to eat then heading straight for the Safari. Mom loves Zumanjaro and we'll get some laps on Toro in the magic seat. Hope to see you this evening Satan or Metoman!

- Liz

^ Thanks!

Unrelated, anyone just get the latest passholder email? The header is a picture of Dare Devil Dive (SFOG), and almost all of the coasters pictured are not even at Great Adventure.

Oh and also: It's coming.

Nothing like this was in my passholder e-mail today. I was alerted to and asked to pre-register for the May 14 ERT sponsored by Allegra

^Weird. I got the ERT thing too, but its a picture of DDD. See?

Did yours also not explain the 3 ways El Toro will change your life?

Based on your post I though your newsletter led with the Flash Pass news and didn't even mention ERT. Looks like we got the same newsletter.

And I just found out the Tri-Tip steak sandwich that is no longer served at Macho Nacho is on the menu at Best of the West as part of the meal plan.

Edited by larrygator

The season flash pass looks to be 399.99. If you go through the checkout process for a season pass it's listed as an add-on.

I tried this but I am not seeing it. I was hoping to find it on the SFOG site as well because if this is being rolled out chain wide I would love to consider getting one for my local park.

I wish they had one that worked for all the parks without any restrictions. If it worked at every park on every Flash Pass ride unlimited every day, I would definitely pay a premium price.

The season flash pass looks to be 399.99. If you go through the checkout process for a season pass it's listed as an add-on.

I tried this but I am not seeing it. I was hoping to find it on the SFOG site as well because if this is being rolled out chain wide I would love to consider getting one for my local park.

I wish they had one that worked for all the parks without any restrictions. If it worked at every park on every Flash Pass ride unlimited every day, I would definitely pay a premium price.

I did it on a pc if that makes a difference, I can take a screen shot of it later when I get home.

I went to the park last Sunday, so here's my PTR!

Let me preface this by saying that I took a LOT of photos. Almost 90 to be exact. So instead of posting them all here, I'll just provide a link to the album on imgur at the end of my trip report.

My mother and I got to the park the earliest we ever have, a little after 9AM when the gates to the park weren't even open yet. When we did enter the park about an hour later, there were already two major improvements from last season: they changed the season pass processing so that people can get their cards as soon right after they through the gates, which was awesome, AND they didn't rope off the sections of the park before 10:30 and let guests walk up to the rides they want to, which for me was Kingda Ka. My mother and I only waited no more than 20 minutes to get a ride on Ka (three trains running), then we immediately went over to El Toro. Toro had 2 trains running and was basically a walk on, so we got to ride twice in a row! Then we head over to El DIablo, which my mother never got to ride last season, and we were able to ride it twice in a row since there was barely a line at all. Zumanjaro was closed early in the day, so we couldn't get around to that (yet).

We ate lunch at Mama Flora's next to the Big Wheel, but I immediately regretted doing so because that weekend was Food Truck Weekend. I originally thought it would just be one or two of them, but it turned out to be many more, each with their own unique foodstuffs. All of the trucks were also placed near where Old Country used to be and speaking from experience, that area hasn't been that lively in literally YEARS (aside from Fright Fest)! Let's hope there will be more new things placed in that area in the future!

Anyway, we also went on the Big Wheel, the Dark Knight and Batman while we were in the area, each with waiting times no longer than 20-25 minutes. We also went on Swashbuckler and I went on the newly named Harley Quinn's Crazy Train by myself (which still has the Blackbeard sign). While there, I noticed the new drink stations like the Skybar, and since we both love the Coke Freestyle machines, we went by there more than once. I just hope that in the future, they will have more Freestyle machines in other areas of the park, not just near the Big Wheel.

After that, we went on the Safari and I took a TON of photos during that, including some of the new lion, tiger and bear cubs that were born only months ago. After that I went on Bizarro twice in a row then we took the Skyride back to the other side of the park. My mother was done for the day, but I went on Green Lantern than Zumanjaro three times in a row! I actually got on line right as Zumanjaro was testing, so I was able to ride with almost no one else. Actually, the 2nd time I was all by myself! Definatley the perfect way to end the day!

Ridelist: Zumanjaro 3x

El Toro 2x

Bizarro 2x

El Diablo 2x

Safari 1x

Batman 1x

Kingda Ka 1x

Dark Knight 1x

Blackbeard/Harley Quinn 1x

Swashbuckler 1x

Skyride 1x

Big Wheel 1x

Final Rating: 6 out of 6 Flags! Perfect weather, perfect amount of crowds, perfect amount of improvements from last year, just perfect!

Here's the link to the pictures: http://imgur.com/a/auJSo

here a few preview pictures:

Thanks for reading!!!

It's showing up on here now too

https://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure/store/flash-pass

I went to the park last Sunday, so here's my Photo TR!

Nice trip report and pictures! My family and I were there as well that day, so we may have crossed paths at some point.

One quick thing; it seems like all of your photos have a blueish tint to them. Did you take them all with an iPhone? If so, you might want to doublecheck and make sure that your camera doesn't have an automatic filter turned on by accident. If you open up the camera, then check down in the lower right hand corner; if the three overlapping dots are black and white, you're good. If they're in color, then you have a filter turned on. I found this out myself a while back when I went to Hersheypark and took a ton of photos, only to find out that they all had that tint to them, and I quickly learned that even if you hit that by accident, it doesn't reset itself unless you manually turn it off.

So evidently Fright Fest is going through November 6th this year.

With these bonus weekends I see no reason to go to Fright Fest ever again as the haunt attractions are truly terrible, but anyone looking to get their last rides on El Toro with no lines might want to look into November 12th or 13th. I don't expect major crowds on the 5th and 6th but it's Fright Fest so you never know. I wonder if they're moving Grape Adventure to the 12th and 13th. I wouldn't be surprised, it would make sense.

PS: This may be old news.