TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Okay I'll definately do that! Also, a friend that is going with has never been on Ka before. I'm thinking we'll do that in the evening (after 6). Is that a good plan?

No because it's Kingda Ka and you're banking on it's ability to operate reliably all day if you wait that long. Don't ever do that.

If I were you I'd go there right at opening and WAIT FOR ROW ONE. It will have a longer line and it's worth it, especially if someone has never ridden it before. The front row line when full only adds about 20 minutes and it probably won't be full right at open. Every other row sucks.

Ok, yeah I've only been on weekdays, so I'm used to just going whenever I see it running.

Thank you both for the advice!

Okay I'll definately do that! Also, a friend that is going with has never been on Ka before. I'm thinking we'll do that in the evening (after 6). Is that a good plan?

No because it's Kingda Ka and you're banking on it's ability to operate reliably all day if you wait that long. Don't ever do that.

If I were you I'd go there right at opening and WAIT FOR ROW ONE. It will have a longer line and it's worth it, especially if someone has never ridden it before. The front row line when full only adds about 20 minutes and it probably won't be full right at open. Every other row sucks.

Do you think it'll be open right at opening? Last time I was there the park was chilly in the morning and Ka didn't open for several hours. I'm going on Sunday with someone who also hasn't been to SFGAdv.

We still may. I'm under the impression that this is the sign that'll be attached directly to the coaster, much like how the Batman logo is attached to the side of BtR at SFFT.

I remember reading they wouldn't do that like in the Total Mayhem render, but I could be wrong.

Ok I love the sign, but I feel like the placement of it seriously reinforces the "flat ride/carnival coaster" feeling. Flat rides very often have big flashy signs placed high up on the ride itself, whereas full-sized coasters almost never have signs attached to the ride itself, usually just at the entrance.

Ok I love the sign, but I feel like the placement of it seriously reinforces the "flat ride/carnival coaster" feeling. Flat rides very often have big flashy signs placed high up on the ride itself, whereas full-sized coasters almost never have signs attached to the ride itself, usually just at the entrance.

Ride the coaster and that will seriously influence your opinion of the coaster.

The footprint of The Joker is much smaller than a 3,000+ foot coaster. Many times parts of a large coaster can not been seen from the rest of the park clearly. For example a sign on at the highest point of KingdaKa or Nitro would have to be immense to be seen.

50 years ago, many coasters had their names prominently displayed on the ride itself, but you won't see anyone claiming that The Joker is a vintage/retro coaster.

What Larry said.

Plus lately six flags has been doing it more often, with a sign on batman at SFFT (I know it's the same ride style so it isn't that surprising here) but also seeing it on Iron a Rattler and Wicked Cyclone. Although in those two examples it's more of a logo.

I'm all for it, it adds a little something of nostalgia to the older times in amusement history. I guess the only thing I don't like is that it's going to be in every "walking into the park" pic from now on... And it's not centered on the pathway, which is going to drive me nuts since everything else is...

Still quite excited to experience this ride, but I'm afraid it might be a one and done ride since I hate spinning rides...

Ride the coaster and that will seriously influence your opinion of the coaster.

The footprint of The Joker is much smaller than a 3,000+ foot coaster. Many times parts of a large coaster can not been seen from the rest of the park clearly. For example a sign on at the highest point of KingdaKa or Nitro would have to be immense to be seen.

50 years ago, many coasters had their names prominently displayed on the ride itself, but you won't see anyone claiming that The Joker is a vintage/retro coaster.

Yeah that was a knee-jerk reaction on my part, the placement is actually growing on me. Also I remembered the Coney Island Cyclone.

Okay enough of this uninteresting mumbo jumbo about boring stuff like new roller coasters. I have way more important and exciting news...

I have heard from inside sources that the Holiday in the Park waffle truck will be at the park THIS SATURDAY for the Food Truck festival. Seriously considering going just for this...

La Nutty! Here we come!

And for those that don't have inside sources, here is a list of all the food trucks

1 Potato Two - Food taken to a whole other level in each bite

The Angry Crab - Come get angry with our Angry CrabCakes

Bonjour Creperie - Sweet & savory gluten-free, French crepes

Bro-Ritos - Eat Burritos, Bro

Carolina Blue - Peachwood smoked 'que

Cheezen -The grilled cheese that makes you smile

Chimney Cake Factory - Heavenly flavors of Transylvania

Empanada Guy - Gourmet Latin pastries and tapas

Flying Deutschman - Authentic German Schnitzel and Sausages

Gyros to Go: Greek fusion food with a great vegetarian selection

The Happy Pita - Fresh. Local. Tasty. Liven up and eat a Happy Pita!

Johnny's Pork Roll - Pork Roll baby!

Maddalena's Cheesecake -Gourmet chocolate-covered cheesecake on a stick

Mama's Meatballs - Meatballs

Mexi Flip Taco Truck - So Clean, So Fresh, So good Tacos

Mobile Mardi Gras - A true party in your mouth

My Four Suns - Serving tradtitional Korean fare with other cultural influences

Nooch's Mac Truck: Just like mom used to make - only better

Oink N' Moo BBQ - BBQ smoked low and slow

So Jersey Mobile Cafe - Local, home grown Jersey goodness

Star of the Sea Seafood -Homemade gourmet seafood

Waffle de Lys - Authentic belgian waffles wit a French touch

- See more at: https://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure/special-events/celebration/fast-tracks-food-trucks-festival#sthash.SVLuYMyg.dpuf