TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

... I mean if it were me I'd go to row 1 of Kingda Ka. Toro is undoubtedly better but I like to let it warm up and in the meantime have my face ripped off on Ka. I've never smoked crack but I'd imagine it's a lot like Kingda Ka in row 1.

^ At opening its going to be 41 degrees and 62% chance of rain, with rain increasing til 3pm when the temps then dip into the 30s, rain turns to snow which will continue into the evening.

AKA have fun riding nothing.

I honestly would not be surprised if the park closed early/did not open at all tomorrow. Anyone with plans to go I wish you good luck but I certainly won't be making the effort. In fact, I plan to get wasted drunk in the comfy confines of my home all day tomorrow.

I live 20 minutes from the park- so no sweat off my back to head over, if it is open.....if I were to get a spin or two on any of the "majors" (Nitro, Toro, Ka), I'm good.

That said- leaving for AZ Sunday am, so it's all good!

^^ Sundays weather looks decent and most Sundays, especially in springtime, are very very quiet in the morning/first two hours or so. My favorite time to marathon El Toro (if its not closed because its too cold). Get there before opening, head right to what you really want to ride before the crowds show. I.e. if you really want to ride KA, and you see it testing, run right to it. Or just do what I do which is more fun than Ka anyway. Sunday mornings are a good time to go to the park (but only if you are there when the gates open, to maximize your time).

Yes sir! Sunday am's are a treat! And agreed- take advantage of what YOU want to ride!!!

Bill is definitely not lying about the park not giving a flying f*ck about temps with the coasters, but Ive shown up early/at opening on cold days and a few rides were down for a little while til things warmed up (Toro is a big bit*h in the cold, and as evidenced by opening day a few weeks ago, will run really slow in the cold and will valley in the twister section/before the brake run).

But I really don't think they have any sort of system to determine when rides are OK to fire up, seems someone important just suddenly decides it might be go time, out goes the first test train and all the staff/ops cross their fingers as they watch it traverse the course. If its makes it to the brakes, ride is open! (I'm half serious, but maybe ELToroRyan can shed some more light on this?)

LOLOLOLOL you might be on to something.

Sorry but that's f*cked if they made employees come to work only to close after an hour. Hopefully most people called out anyway and that influenced their ultimate decision to close. But I'm sure it was the lack of any guests showing up.

SFGAclose1.jpg.81693a59ffbfa671f7cdee1f998d5860.jpg

SFGAclose2.jpg.c4f1f9b3bd2c6d871a4396bf9cdabfcc.jpg

My wife just asked me, "Are you seriously going to head to the park today?" My reply- "yup!"

Thanks for the info guys! Enjoy for those of you going tomorrow......sunshine + low crowds= greatness!

DOUBLE POST!!!! DAMN ME/INTERNET!!!

Sorry but that's f*cked if they made employees come to work only to close after an hour. Hopefully most people called out anyway and that influenced their ultimate decision to close. But I'm sure it was the lack of any guests showing up.

Hey well I was happy to see Toro make it around the track while it was 40 degrees after not running since last Saturday. We were all crossing our fingers so hard. Hopefully tomorrow is better. Haha

Hey well I was happy to see Toro make it around the track while it was 40 degrees after not running since last Saturday. We were all crossing our fingers so hard. Hopefully tomorrow is better. Haha

Did they open Toro? lol

Did they open Toro? lol

We did but literally 3 people showed up to the ride and we couldn't cycle with less than 20 riders. So since we closed at 11:30... We gave zero riders. Haha But yes, we were technically open.