TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Awesome! Wonder if this will include dedicated pedestrian pathways as well. I hate the way it's set up currently, with foot traffic having to walk in front of vehicle traffic.

THIS. I personally think (as a non driver obviously) that the lack of walkable pathways from the lot to the park is ridiculous and the biggest issue they need to fix with a parking lot refurb. Yes, the potholes and general disintegration of roadway is insanely terrible but having to walk through traffic to get to your car is a huge safety issue and I'm surprised it hasn't caused a major problem so far with someone getting hit by a car while traversing the lot.

Saw this earlier. Great news! Definitely overdue, but glad to see the park make these necessary infrastructure investments.

^ Yea, I'm hoping they take advantage of this opportunity to rethink traffic flow / layout issues rather than just lay down fresh blacktop.

Edited by michaellynn4

Saw this earlier. Great news! Definitely overdue, but glad to see the park make these necessary infrastructure investments.

^ Yea, I'm hoping they take advantage of this opportunity to rethink traffic flow / layout issues rather than just lay down fresh blacktop.

They really just need a wide pathway/sidewalk that runs all along the front of the park from Ka, past GL and Supes up to the entrance. Would also be nice to see preferred parking shrunk a bit since its almost never at capacity.

I'm quite excited... Maybe they will get it done over the next few weeks while the park is closed during the week!!

Per a Q&A with John Fitzgerald, it is actually going to be a three-year project.

If you can avoid it I'd pick another day. I think we should start a pool on what rides they'll manage to valley with a wind forecast like that. My bet's on Toro but Nitro could be a possibility too.

Yeah I saw that. I'll probably go up anyway and ride whatever's open. And my bet's on Toro as well.

Has Nitro ever valleyed from wind? And if so, are there pictures?

If you can avoid it I'd pick another day. I think we should start a pool on what rides they'll manage to valley with a wind forecast like that. My bet's on Toro but Nitro could be a possibility too.

Yeah I saw that. I'll probably go up anyway and ride whatever's open. And my bet's on Toro as well.

Yes, and during Holiday in the Park it was defying the laws of gravity but somehow never did. I know I've seen pictures of it valleyed but for whatever reason I can't find them. Here's a trip report from that day though.

^No portion of Joker is over water

I'm quite excited... Maybe they will get it done over the next few weeks while the park is closed during the week!!

Per a Q&A with John Fitzgerald, it is actually going to be a three-year project.

John Fitzgerald did say during the Joker Construction that they would be making an announcement about the parking lot soon, and I still didn't know whether or not to believe the Facebook post.

Yes it has valleyed from wind. Picture...(If this counts)

This was shot from BTR’s station around 7:00PM. Its for anyone who doesn’t want to believe that Nitro vallied.

Okay so who's ready for the world's strangest trip report???

So my brother is moving to Delaware and we figured we'd accompany him on the trip to help him get settled in. We were on the turnpike, dressed for work and knew we were like 2 hours ahead of them. When we were in Fort Lee my girlfriend (because she's literally perfect for me) asked "so um... when does Great Adventure close?".

It was about 6:00, they closed at 8:00 so we figured we were screwed but we made pretty good time and found ourselves at Exit 7A around 7:15. There was some lightning around so we knew if we went there was about a 50% chance we wouldn't get to ride El Toro (which was the whole point) and almost didn't go but when we realized the absolute worst thing that could happen was we'd get to ride Skull Mountain in the ejector seat which is way better than sitting around the house for over an hour waiting for everyone to show up so we could go to the bar, we decided to go for it.

There was no lightning near the park until we pulled off the exit and saw a huge bolt, so we knew then we were screwed. At this point though we were committed so we headed through the empty parking gates, zipped into Prefered Parking since there was literally nobody there, threw all of our metal stuff that would slow us down on our way in in the back seat and headed in 20 minutes before park close.

It was pretty clear that all outdoor rides had closed but we weren't going to let that ruin our stupid side trip. We bolted right for the Mountain. There was no greeter so we were worried they had closed but then we heard the sounds of death metal and figured they just went inside because of the weather.

Still dressed for work we walked right into the back row and rode it in the ejector seat 5 times without getting up. It was no El Toro but it was awesome, and somehow we managed to do all of this without getting dumped on by rain.

An hour later we were back on the Turnpike, still ahead of everyone and we had 5 Skull Mountain rides and one of the strangest, dumbest visits to Great Adventure ever under our belts. It was great, we regret nothing. Lol

So um.. ride list

Skull Mountain x5

... Lololololol

image.thumb.jpg.ea9a499bfb383f364adf0d88aefc8524.jpg

Still dressed for work, lol!

Your devotion to the cult knows no bounds.

That's what I thought too!! WTG Bill, we almost made a similar side trip there on Thursday. We went Wednesday on our way up from DC to NJ and had a fantastical day. Took a bunch of pics too, if I ever have more than 10 minutes to sit down and load them to my computer I'll post them. Anyway on Thursday on our way home we found ourselves at 7A around 6:45pm. Looked at each other, thought about it, tried to summon our inner Garbles but then realized the 3+ hour drive home after would be too much with having to be at work at 5:30am the next day.