TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Ka always gets my shoulders/collarbone, its just the way the hard shoulder restraints sit on them. I didn't bruise this time though but even today I can still feel tenderness at that spot on either side of my collarbone.

Wow! I am fortunate that how I'm "constructed" doesn't come anywhere near that shoulder restraint!

^ OMG THE GRAVEL IS GONE!?!?! 700ft T-REX AQUATRAX WINGED DIVE MACHINE FOR 2017 CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait!

For the gravel watchers (like myself!)- I can confirm that it was there on Wednesday/opening day! The suspense is killing me.....

Ops were great all around. Very impressive especially for this early in the season. El Toro, Bizarro, and Batman were all running like dreams.

YES!! That is what I like to hear! I knew El Toro_Ryan would kick ass as Toro's supervisor!! I had a lot of confidence in the rides department this year so I'm psyched to hear they're living up to my expectations!

That sentence was more about the actual ride (smooth as butter) but yes, their ops were pretty good. It helps that absolutely no one was waiting to ride it, but they actually dispatched the train I was on before the other one hit the brakes!

I totally forgot to mention that the park blew my mind by only running 2 trains on Bizarro on Wednesday. No stacking on either of my rides. I can't believe I forgot to mention this. It was almost... magical.

^^ The cubs are in Safari Discoveries which you can access right next to El Diablo or alternately over in the Golden Kingdom near the bathrooms. Its also a nice cut through to get between those areas without having to go through the Boardwalk. Make sure to check out the goats and the otters, they are adorable.

Thanks for the info on the Otters Goats Cubs! EL TORO

The descriptions from everyone on their days at the park and love bruises from rides are killing me!

We just got back; had a bit of a late start getting out the door today. Didn't hit the road from Queens until 1:15, and then ran into heavy construction traffic on the Belt, so we didn't end up getting to the front gates until a little after 3 PM. As expected, it ended up being a very family-friendly day for us, low-key and full of flats.

Ride count:

Enchanted Teacups x2

Looney Tunes Carousel x2

Daffy Duck Hot Air Balloons x2

Dining pass x2 dinner

Runaway Mine Train x3

SkyScreamer x2

Deja Vu x1

Dining pass x2 snack

The Mini-Coney finally definitively crossed over that 44" threshold over the winter break, so we managed to do the 44" inch rides without any complaints or thumbs down from the ride ops this time around. This meant three in a row with him on the Mine Train, after being unceremoniously booted during last year's Fright Fest (after riding it once before). It also meant his first ride (and shockingly mine too!) on this park's SkyScreamer. I've been on the one at SFNE before, and while that one is taller, I feel that Great Adventure's has the edge on location. From its central position in the park, you really get a great view of EVERYTHING, from Ka to Nitro. Needless to say, he loved it!

We also got a first in that our youngest, our 1-year-old daughter, went on her first non-carousel ride today with the hot air balloons! She was a bit fussy while getting strapped in, but as soon as we started moving, she was completely enraptured. I think it's safe to say she's definitely following in her big brother's footsteps. Hopefully next time we visit a park, she'll be able to get on more new rides!

Today, all three were on Nitro, and two on both Batman and Skull Mountain. Didn't ride Superman or Lantern.

They took the 2nd train out for Superman when I arrived, but by the afternoon they were down to one and the line was through much of the switchbacks near the station. Green Lantern was running two.

Had a great visit with the staff being very friendly and interacting with the guests (which might've been the most I have ever seen them do this). Zoomanjaro seemed like it was struggling to run consistently during the afternoon with the ride stopping halfway up the tower.

On a sidenote, it looks like they did some upkeep on the gondolas for the Skyride by adding some guards near the top parts of the buckets. Although this isn't recent, it really looks like they are hardly running any gondolas on the ride anymore. They weren't running A-side earlier in the day and all the gondolas were over at the motor station and it almost looked like there were only 15 cars! If B-side had the same amount, then it looks like they lost quite a few of the 56 cars that they got from Great America! It was kind of sad to see as the line barely moved.

^ and ^^ Oh man. I so want to go back. My feet still hurt a tiny little bit from all the walking Wednesday. Have fun guys and post pics and stuff! I'm curious to know how the first full-on Saturday is going to go after three quiet opening weekdays. I love that they did that and hope they do it next year.

Get there early (I know you will Bill) and get your Bull bucking on before everyone else gets back there. And then you can get your (insert SORA or Skyride here) on from there.

Edited by boldikus

Will do. What's the early entry time for gold season pass members?

It's like 10 minutes early? LOL It's a joke. It just allows you to run to get to the front of the line for stuff like Ka/Superman that everyone runs to, before they do. Might come in handy when Joker opens, though that doesn't really feel like a first ride of the day type of attraction to me lol.

On two of my visits in 2015 they just opened all the gates 20 minutes early for everything. Can anyone note if they are doing the rope drop this year again or actually just letting the season pass lines in first like last year? Hope so. The gates were open already when we got there Wednesday.

Should I go today or not? Thoughts on crowds?

Yeah- of course! IMO- there won't be a massive crowd....lots of local peeps away for Spring Break with their families, Saturday before Easter, etc. Depending on how my day goes- I may pop over at some point....I'll try to drag the family out, but my sense is- they will have no interest! And if that is the case- I'd be happy for some solo coaster time for the second time this week! My priorities are Kingda Ka, and Zum....as it (Zum) was not open Wednesday night, when I was there.

^ Seems like Zum is having some issues these past few days. Glad we had no problems getting a few drops in. Hope they get it sorted, its one of the best rides in the park no doubt.

My one regret about yesterday was not heading to Golden Kingdom right at opening. Once the rain came around 12:30 both KK and Zum shut down (as per usual), and never re-opened the rest of the time I was there. For Ka, I can take it or leave it, but I only rode Zum once all of last year and now I'm begging for a fix.