TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

There's a small chance I may actually make it Friday afternoon, but it's doubtful. I'm getting my car serviced in the morning and have a doctors appointment at 1pm. Depending on how long it takes, I may drive up, but that'll also depend on how much preparation is done for our Dollywood trip (leaving Sunday morning).

Soooo who is all going Wednesday?

I know there's been a lot of talk around here about popping over on the weekend but my only other option is Sunday, and Wednesday is looking GORGEOUS and I just happened to get my shift covered! So I'll be there, at The Bull, bright and early Wednesday!

I wish I could go Wednesday but I can't take another day off without a legit excuse (I'm running out of ailments). Friday I will be there bright and early with a huge grin on my face.

How many people are meeting Friday? I remember we had tried to schedule a group thing that I initially thought I couldn't make. If I end up getting up there, I'll reach out to you guys.

It depends on schedules, nothing is set but if you end up coming drop me a message and we can group up.

Well if anyone decides to head up Wednesday hit me up. I've got two different ways up there with two sets of people so unless the world ends between now and then I'll be there, so hollatchabul.

I'll be there Friday with JCoaster. Wish I could make it Wednesday but I'm taking my dad to the Ranger game for his birthday. If anyone wants to meet on Friday, drop me or JCoaster a line and we'll try and set something up. We plan to be there for opening.

Going to try to make every attempt to get down to the park on Wednesday. This may require going into my job around 4 AM morning of so I can wrap up all my necessary tasks and be back on the road between 8 and 9. If I don't make it on Wednesday, I'll still shoot for Friday.

I've never actually gone during spring break, are the crowds really as bad as rumored, even on the weekdays? I usually go opening day or last year went for CAD for my first visit, and then random Sundays or whenever through the spring/summer.

^ Yep. Rain in the morning, then clearing in the afternoon should make for some great short lines the rest of the day on Friday. I'm not too worried about crowds tomorrow, I don't think they will be bad. As long as The Bull is up and running in the morning for a little marathon I'll be happy. If it's somehow really quiet I might finally wait for the front row of Ka. I'm strangely kind of in the mood to ride it.

^ Yep. Rain in the morning, then clearing in the afternoon should make for some great short lines the rest of the day on Friday. I'm not too worried about crowds tomorrow, I don't think they will be bad. As long as The Bull is up and running in the morning for a little marathon I'll be happy. If it's somehow really quiet I might finally wait for the front row of Ka. I'm strangely kind of in the mood to ride it.

Lol just bite the bullet and do it. The front row will always have a long queue but there's a reason for that, and actually the fact that they insist on only using one of four loading stations helps the lines for individual rows go faster.

Kingda Ka in row 1 is like crack... not that I would know. Lol

Lol just bite the bullet and do it. The front row will always have a long queue but there's a reason for that, and actually the fact that they insist on only using one of four loading stations helps the lines for individual rows go faster.

Kingda Ka in row 1 is like crack... not that I would know. Lol

I know with the weather it definitely won't be empty tomorrow but if its less than a 3-5 extra train wait for the front I'll wait for it. I'm just so damn impatient!

Also I see you lurking @eltororyan. Whats the status on my baby?

Bull gonna be bucking tomorrow? Please please please say yes!

Thoughts about crowds on Saturday? I've always heard that Easter Sunday is absolutely dead, but what about the day before?

First weekend the park is open, and a beautiful day? I'd say it'd be pretty busy.

For Mercer County- schools are still in session tomorrow (Wednesday), and then 1/2 day on Thursday.

I didn't take the time to check other counties, but my sense is that this would apply to most, if not all of the State of NJ.

^ that's what I like to hear!

I knew that is what you wanted to hear! I will probably zip through the park for a couple hours from 6pm- close this week.....knowing that it will BE DEAD! I'm looking forward to reading everyone's posts! Let the season begin!