TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Lol some lady even offered everyone else on the train chicken nuggets. Not sure why she had chicken nuggets or why she decided to break then out and offer them to everyone on the train while we were stuck on the midcourse of a hyper coaster at night in January but it was pretty damn funny.

... Needless to say we didn't eat the chicken nuggets

Lol some lady even offered everyone else on the train chicken nuggets. Not sure why she had chicken nuggets or why she decided to break then out and offer them to everyone on the train while we were stuck on the midcourse of a hyper coaster at night in January but it was pretty damn funny.

I'm dying

Someone on or off the train?

With all due respect I fail to see how the cost of the ticket is relevant here. I'm not talking about paint, maintenance or anything that would increase operating expenses (except the grace period thing but I'm not calling for that, just honesty about when ride lines close).

It would cost the park a grand total of zero dollars and zero time investment to speak of to be upfront about their hours and ride availability.

I'm not making a huge deal about this but those seem like common sense requests, wouldn't you agree?

My apologies. Based on what you posted I was commenting on the aspect of extra hours, but agree with you that a park should be upfront about hours and ride availability.

At Cedar Fair parks when they're really busy they sometimes extend hours (usually during haunt events) and at Cedar Point they give you a grace period at all major rides and close the lines after park closing.

Someone on or off the train?

On the train. We got stopped on the midcourse (likely because it was thirtysomething degrees and Nitro was having none of it anymore) 30 minutes before closing and everyone on the train was out of their minds on adrenaline and freezing our a$$es off. No one had been getting on or off the train, everyone staked out their seats and were riding til they kicked us off. Anyways, we're stopped out there waiting for a crew member to drive out there and manually release the brake. We were in the back row and everyone was laughing and yelling nonsense out on the MCBR and this girl in the row in front of us mentioned she had chicken nuggets (in her pocket??) and asked everyone if they wanted some. I completely forgot about this since that night is a blur of insane, numbing Nitro endurance test but I now specifically remember her trying to pass some sort of food container/bag/something to us and laughing about it and politely declining. And then the train cheering in unison as we slooooooowly made it over each of the bunnyhops back to the station.

Bill got some great on-rides from that night, he should post them. LOL

Looks like Blackbeard Quinn did indeed get a fresh coat of paint.

I hereby declare this ride to be referred to as Crazy Train and only as Crazy Train from this point forward.

Six Flags definitely loves green and purple this year! I can't wait to eventually ride one of these S&S versions--the Intamin version at SFMM is such a hit and miss when it comes to comfort; these S&S versions seem much better in that regard.

I hope these little FreeSpins become a trend in the US like the Premier Sky Rockets. They're unique little coasters with a small footprint that may hit the price point for many parks.

Anybody know what kind of crowds to expect on the 29th? I know Freehold Township school district is on spring break that day, but I figure because it's a week after opening day, everybody that wanted to go will have gone already.

Third construction update video has just been posted, and it's got lots of delicious drone footage! Looks like they only have a handful of pieces left to place at this point.

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

The coaster looks great along the lake, I know a lot of people aren't happy with this addition but I really think it adds variety to an already great collection.

The coaster looks great along the lake, I know a lot of people aren't happy with this addition but I really think it adds variety to an already great collection.

I just don't understand how people aren't excited about any new coaster being added, let alone one that's rare at this point. Only one has been built so far, just confused here

I'd be more excited if I didn't ride Green Lantern at Magic Mountain. That thing should either be scrapped or relocated to Guantanamo Bay. The only other similar style I've ridden is X2 which I also consider to be one of the worst coasters in existence. That being said I know this is a different manufacturer and has received positive reviews so I'm trying to be optimistic about it.

I think it's a great addition to the park. I just feel like their is a better use of a great lakefront view/property. To me it seems more like an ideal location for a seated restaurant and some kind of nice walk as close to the lake as possible.

Still looks great.

I just don't understand how people aren't excited about any new coaster being added, let alone one that's rare at this point. Only one has been built so far, just confused here

I prefer my coasters to turn left or right at some point.

I am excited a new coaster is being built simply to take the heat off the rides I love at the park. In general I think its an ugly ride and a wasted opportunity to put something spectacular on the lakefront. That doesn't mean the ride won't be a hit and the GP will most definitely eat this thing up. Also I haven't ridden the SFFT installation so I have no opinion of the ride experience but it *looks* like puke machine to me. I might be wrong, and I will definitely try it once, and maybe I'll love it. Never judge a ride til you ride it.

I disagree on the "wasted opportunity" argument. I like to stare off to the side as a coaster goes through a loop for added effect, so I personally can't wait to sit on the purple side of the track and stare off to the side at the lake while the car flips around.

Great view + added distortion = fun for all (with iron stomachs)

I'd be more excited if I didn't ride Green Lantern at Magic Mountain. That thing should either be scrapped or relocated to Guantanamo Bay. The only other similar style I've ridden is X2 which I also consider to be one of the worst coasters in existence. That being said I know this is a different manufacturer and has received positive reviews so I'm trying to be optimistic about it.

I rode two on the Scandi Tour (Insane at Gröna Lund & Kirnu at Linnanmäki) and they weren't to bad, but I was drinking a lot on the tour so who knows how they are sober