TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

At this point I've gotten countless rides on SM when the op didn't even touch the lapbar and it was barely down at all. There are few things I love more than taking an unsuspecting non-coaster friend to the park and onto the back seat. "It's just a kiddie coaster in the dark, its fun. Come on..."

*20 minutes later*

"DUDE. I ALMOST FELL OUT OF THAT THING."

Because I'm a nerd and need to spend more of my time doing things that are almost completely pointless, I noticed that the SeaFari Theater, the cut-through from El Toro (or whatever else people might be riding in that area which would be nonsense) to the Golden Kingdom otter theater, is no longer listed on the 2016 Great Adventure map. The rendering of the theater is still on the map as I'm sure it's still standing, but I have to wonder if this means anything for the fate of those animal shows.

Edit: And... nevermind. It was moved from the list of theaters to the list of attractions in the Golden Kingdom. Carry on.

So that 90's attraction I was talking about before that would forever change was Blackbeard's Lost Treasure Train. It's now called Harley Quinn's Crazy Train. I think a few of you figured that out but it was funny watching all the rumors circulate.

1793932911_ScreenShot2016-03-08at4_55_10PM.thumb.png.d645d6f8c222d0685ebd9e44b3276cda.png

^ Is it getting re-painted? It seems to be a different colour on the map.

I'd assume so. We'll find out in the next couple weeks. Another ride might be rumored for a paint job this spring as well It would be painted during the weekdays while the park isn't open.

I'd assume so. We'll find out in the next couple weeks. Another ride might be rumored for a paint job this spring as well It would be painted during the weekdays while the park isn't open.

Superman or Nitro pleaseeeeeee

Er mah gawd, staph, you're causing so much chaos.

I think the top contenders are probably Superman and maybe Batman. Has Supes ever been painted since opening? And Batman was painted last in 2004 I think? Anyone know? Last time RMT was repainted?

Ka and Nitro are both HUGE jobs and w/ Nitro being mostly not in the park so its not something I see them spending money on. I know it needs it. Ka doesn't really need it just yet. If it is Nitro I'll eat my foot.

Honestly Bizarro could use a fresh coat. I know its probably not going to get it anytime soon but the lift/brakerun catwalks (and many other spots) are almost back to Medusa green.

Maybe they're gonna really Go Big! Go Six Flags! and paint El Toro hot pink.

Superman honestly needs it more than anything in the park. It's location is ridiculously prominent and it's really looking rough. It may have been that way for awhile but I've noticed more lately since Holiday in the Park sort of gave us a new found appreciation for that ride and we rode it a ton.

As far as Batman, the blue at Magic Mountain looks sick. I'd love that but that's kind of a pipe dream.

If they paint something it'll probably be near the new ride.

Superman honestly needs it more than anything in the park. It's location is ridiculously prominent and it's really looking rough. It may have been that way for awhile but I've noticed more lately since Holiday in the Park sort of gave us a new found appreciation for that ride and we rode it a ton.

As far as Batman, the blue at Magic Mountain looks sick. I'd love that but that's kind of a pipe dream.

If they paint something it'll probably be near the new ride.

I agree with Superman needing it due to its location.

I can also see Batman making sense since Joker is going up and Blackbeard is being re-themed. It seems Six Flags is trying to re-invent that whole area.

Off topic but gotta love this local news clip from GASM's opening. (clip from GAcoaster). Nora Muchanic still reports for 6abc in Philly. I have a twisted appreciation for reporters reluctantly riding rides.

Sundays always tend to be less crowded compared to Saturdays, especially early in the morning.

Never buy a flash pass until the day of as weather, events, bus trips, etc will determine whether or not you need one. They almost never sell out unless you are trying to buy one after 5pm on a Saturday during Fright Fest.

That really just depends on a number of things. Most importantly and most unpredictable: weather. No way to tell what the weather on a Sunday a month from now is going to be like. If its overcast or chance of rain the park (like most parks) tends to be less crowded.

I've gone on Sundays during spring and its been deserted from opening til noon and then the floodgates open and its packed. Ive gone when its overcast/rainy and its been dead. I went on a Sunday in the spring two years ago when I thought it was going to be quiet and it turned out it was a Christian Youth Convention, the park was PACKED with unruly a$$hole teens in matching t-shirts, and it was easily one of the worst days Ive ever had in the park, and I left before 2pm.

Its just too hard to say this far out. If I were you I'd keep an eye on the events section of the Great Adventure website to see what kind of events or gatherings they are having the day of your visit, and the week leading up to it keep checking Wunderground for weather - it almost ALWAYS gets the forecast right.

Budget your $$$ for a flash pass and this way if you go and its crowded, you're good.

Edited by boldikus

The only rides that ever have hour waits outside of Fright Fest are Kingda Ka and Safari Off Road Adventure. 30 to 45 minute waits are always a possibility though. Listen to boldikus but if I had to bet on it I would always expect this park to have solid crowds.

Opening Day in two weeks yall! Anyone have opening day plans? I know a few people mentioned going Friday (the 25th) but that's out for me as it's the other halfs b-day and I already asked and she has zero interest in doing the park that day.

Anyone gonna make the trip out on Wednesday the 23rd (actual opening day)? I am plotting and scheming...

excited.gif.d4bdd430e6ef0bb066041700e37907dc.gif

Bull rides for errrrone!

Anyone gonna make the trip out on Wednesday the 23rd (actual opening day)? I am plotting and scheming...

If Wednesdays weren't the busiest day of my work week, I would be there in a heartbeat. I may POSSIBLY do either Thursday or Friday, but it all depends at this point. Also, only select rides? I must have completely missed that...