TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

right - apparently my posts have been deemed as spam by the regular users (yes i admit they kinda look the part).

i posted in the park specific threads as they get max exposure and they are in topic anyway -i guess you veterans would have seen these many times over and perhaps sick of it all. if it was me, i'd move on rather than troll and sabotage but hey everyone is different. i'll continue in the thread for my road trip seeking advice, i hope you are equally forthcoming with actual advice as roll-eyes i have been getting.

thanks to those who responded with genuine advice and my apology to those who were upset with my spam.

have a good day all.

no pleasing, is there?

i posted my "spam" in 5 different threads - so i'm "spamming" it out in all those threads.

I'm only laughing because your response to complaints about posting the same thing in multiple threads is to copy and paste the same thing into multiple threads. I found it entertaining.

That said, if I were to be fortunate enough to take such a long trip to so many parks, I might do the same thing. I actually don't get the complaints. Besides, it managed to spark discussion in a relatively boring part of the season. Even if that discussion is very repetitive.

Posting links to your own website or promoting yourself or a business is SPAM, copying and pasting the exact same thing in multiple threads is not spam, its just annoying.

last time i've been anywhere was in 2007 to CP, so i dont get out often - to get to LA it costs me a couple of grand - i'm from NZ.

which is why i'm a bit over the top with this planning side of things.

Posting links to your own website or promoting yourself or a business is SPAM, copying and pasting the exact same thing in multiple threads is not spam, its just annoying.

fair point - but that said, if you read my preferred rides list, they are all different for different parks (obviously).

do you want me to change the intro so they all read differently - ok i'll do my best...

^ Look if your trip is in fact legit and you're not just trolling us, I don't want you to take it the wrong way. I'm not a mod here and not trying to moderate. Plenty of people here (myself included) will offer you the best advice possible for you to have a great trip and get in as much as you can. It's helped me and countless others out when planning trips. It's a huge reason I love this forum. But a trip planning/advice thread will do the job you are trying to get done, there's just no need to spread it out across every thread on this forum.

^ Look if your trip is in fact legit and you're not just trolling us, I don't want you to take it the wrong way. I'm not a mod here and not trying to moderate. Plenty of people here (myself included) will offer you the best advice possible for you to have a great trip and get in as much as you can. It's helped me and countless others out when planning trips. It's a huge reason I love this forum. But a trip planning/advice thread will do the job you are trying to get done, there's just no need to spread it out across every thread on this forum.

ok if thats how its done here, i'll go along with that, no problem.

i dont know why you think i'm trolling to be honest though - don't worry about it. i get where you guys are coming from, so let's wrap this up here.

cheers

The Raptor model has one across trains and ridiculously low capacity. I wouldn't put it past the park to not really care all that much about capacity (ahem Joker ahem) but if there's another model that does exactly the same thing and is higher capacity and more marketable I imagine they go for it.

The Joker is low capacity but the Raptor model is stupid low. 410 at max efficiency which we know would never happen so more like 250-300 range.

The Raptor model has one across trains and ridiculously low capacity. I wouldn't put it past the park to not really care all that much about capacity (ahem Joker ahem) but if there's another model that does exactly the same thing and is higher capacity and more marketable I imagine they go for it.

The Joker is low capacity but the Raptor model is stupid low. 410 at max efficiency which we know would never happen so more like 250-300 range.

There are 3 models of the train, 1 across, 2 across and 3

The T-Rex coaster is more likely. It's also what SF sent out in their chain wide survey.

Sign me up!!!!! Still hoping to get that "next big thing" at our park!

BTW- I agreed earlier not to say anything again about my disinterest of the carnival ride on the lake on this forum, so with that- I won't!

My hopes for "the carnival ride" to be opening in time for Spring Break are slowly slipping away;

[attachment=0]jokertrack_20160303.jpg[/attachment]

I admit it was a bit unrealistic to hope for, but I can dream, dammit!

Entering the park and looking down mainstreet is going to look so different now. Can't wait.