TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

I hope SFGadv installs more coke freestyle this season. Having only 2 in the park is pretty sad. The lines to get drinks inside that little stand is brutal. and it never has ice. Sfne has like at least 5 of them.

What I would love to see them do is actually make the freestyle stands free! I could go to a Wendy's or McDonalds and get free unlimited refills of a Coke Freestyle machine if I wanted! Although, I do understand where the park is coming from, they want to persuade people to buy the green or red souvenier cups.

I hope SFGadv installs more coke freestyle this season. Having only 2 in the park is pretty sad. The lines to get drinks inside that little stand is brutal. and it never has ice. Sfne has like at least 5 of them.

I'm felling real dumb right now, not knowing where the second location is. Then again I usually forget my refill cup at home.

I'm felling real dumb right now, not knowing where the second location is. Then again I usually forget my refill cup at home.

No worries Larry, I think what he meant by there being 2 Coke Freestyles, is that there are two machines in the same building. Only one location next to the main fountain.

No worries Larry, I think what he meant by there being 2 Coke Freestyles, is that there are two machines in the same building. Only one location next to the main fountain.

thank you biker for clarrifying

OK thanks, like I said I never used the Freestyle Machine at SFGAdv since I kept forgetting my cup this year, I only used the refill cup at other SF parks.

I think all establishments that sell Coke products should have a freestyle machine. I mean where else can you get peach mello yello?!? #nom

Peach Mello Yello is

I prefer Grape Mello Yello.

Let's be honest.. we just all prefer Mello Yello regardless of the flavor chosen.

I wonder if the trains are gonna be the same color because I'm not sure S&S did the trains after the retheme, so we might see the same color trains as TM at the park, I'm just wondering if they painted it green and purple

That there hasn't been any sighting of the train yet, I'd presume it's either still being built, or being repainted to coordinate with the re-theme.

I mean it's not like they decided the day of the announcement to retheme it that they finally informed S&S. I'm sure the decision had been made before anything was painted or nearing that process, and they were just waiting for final approval and for the trademarks and everything. They're not repainting any freshly painted track--lets be honest, they won't even pay for new paint after 15 years with Nitro.

I mean it's not like they decided the day of the announcement to retheme it that they finally informed S&S. I'm sure the decision had been made before anything was painted or nearing that process, and they were just waiting for final approval and for the trademarks and everything. They're not repainting any freshly painted track--lets be honest, they won't even pay for new paint after 15 years with Nitro.

Thats because it doesn't make sense to paint Nitro. You barely see any of the track close up, they don't care what it looks like out in the woods.

Nitro is just an example of how the park/company isn't entirely concerned with investing significant amounts of capital into aesthetics when it's not entirely necessary.

By the way, there js a reason to paint Nitro. It's a large regional theme/amusement park and guest experience should be a top priority. Aesthetics are a big part of that. I don't mean to say this should be their first priority but it shouldn't be something they refuse to invest in until it's potentially harmful to the steel itself. And yes I realize this is Six Flags

Oh, and please, dear God, fix those 18" tall queue bars when you get to the paint job

And on another note, it's crazy that Nitro is 15 already.

Yeah, that is insane. I remember riding it during SP preview week. Instantly became my #1 at the time, awesome memories..

I don't know what makes me feel older...riding Nitro its opening week, or remembering when new GAdv rides opened even BEFORE the park did at events celebrating loyal SP holders!!

Fun fact: Nitro was the last addition at Six Flags Great Adventure that was open on opening day (other than possibly some kiddy rides, I'm not sure). This includes flat rides like Tango, Sky Screamer, and Deja Vu, coasters and even Bizarro the year it was re-named.

That's pretty crazy to think about.

I vividly remember the last time that the state of a roller coaster's paint job- no matter how awful- had any influence whatsoever as to how my day at the park was going. The summer of Eleventy Never.

Yeah, I agree to an extent. For myself (and I assume for you as well) I'd rather have El Toro or Millennium Force on a grass field and with faded paint than an overly polished piece of sh*t in a meadow overlooking Niagara Falls that gets repainted every Tuesday. But for most guests, the overall experience of a park (which definitely includes aesthetics) greatly outweighs the minute qualities of a coaster/coaster collection. Nitro (or any particular/specific) coaster itself might not change your experience, but everything altogether (queue bars/appearance, plastered ads, rust encompassing the corrogated steel station box, cracked pavement and a crippling parking lot) certainty has an impact.

I don't think I'm alone I saying that this is an area Six Flags could improve on. Cedar Point is repainting two major coasters this offseason (both of which went less than 12 years, one of which is 420 feet tall). I don't see SF doing something this quickly unless it's profitable or marketable, like with the Bizarro rethemes.