TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Anyone who was hungry during HITP needed only to visit the awesome empanada truck near the carousel. A huge filling empanada in about 10 different varieties for only $5. Best food I ever had at a Six Flags (because thankfully, SF had nothing to do with them)

Yes, most of the restaurants are just fronts for the same crap but Panda Express is Panda Express. It sounds like it may turn into a generic "Chop Six" but for now it's Panda Express with a limited menu. Just like Coldstone is Coldstone with a limited menu.

We've learned that at any park not known for having great food it's better to eat at the name brand restaurants. That way the quality is going to be better. The same applies to food trucks. I'll give Six Flags credit for Machi Nacho though. It's quite good.

We're not dining plan people, I'd rather pay 10 bucks for better food. To each his own though.

Parks like SFA and SFFT would be great fits for the Raptor design, as it's a high quality steel coaster but could be affordable and fit tight footprints.

Yeah, if I kept a top 10 list of the best coasters I've ever ridden, the Raptor concept would easily place in my top 5.

Edited by Ed Farmer

Yes, most of the restaurants are just fronts for the same crap but Panda Express is Panda Express. It sounds like it may turn into a generic "Chop Six" but for now it's Panda Express with a limited menu.

But the SFGAdv Panda Express had a much larger menu (about 10-12 entrees) than other parks in the chain (5 entrees at SFNE)

Context clues point to a new coaster in the area, with only Premier and RMC being likely candidates.

Why are Premier and RMC the only likely candidates?

Looking at the manufacturers over the last couple of years that SF has contracted, they are the two that pop out. SF hasn't gone with B&M in 4 years, likely because a new B&M of decent size pushed $20M. Intamin has largely been non-existent in the US the last couple of years as far as large-scale coasters go. SF has shown no interest in GG, Gerstauler or Mack, and it's been years since SF has dealt with GCI. S&S HAS been contracted by SF in recent years, but that is what GAdv is getting this year with the Joker.

So, that basically leaves Premier and RMC. They have been the preferred coaster sources for SF the last few years because of the bang for the buck they provide. A steel RMC will likely push the budget, which is why I feel if GAdv is to get it, there is a good chance they would get the Raptor design. Considering it'd be the prototype, and SF's noteworthy relationship with RMC, I could see them debuting it at a discounted rate (at least for the prototype).

Of course, anything is possible...but Premier and RMC are the most likely candidates IMO.

Context clues point to a new coaster in the area, with only Premier and RMC being likely candidates.

I'd say because RMC and Premier are the only ones he wants.

Ohhh, good. I was confused for a second. I thought it was because the color of dirt they had went with gave away the fact it was either RMC or Premier.

I'd say because RMC and Premier are the only ones he wants.

Read my post then respond with facts as to why they aren't the only likelycandidates. Not the ONLY candidates, but the only ones the park is likely to choose.

Looking at the manufacturers over the last couple of years that SF has contracted, they are the two that pop out. SF hasn't gone with B&M in 4 years, likely because a new B&M of decent size pushed $20M. Intamin has largely been non-existent in the US the last couple of years as far as large-scale coasters go. SF has shown no interest in GG, Gerstauler or Mack, and it's been years since SF has dealt with GCI. S&S HAS been contracted by SF in recent years, but that is what GAdv is getting this year with the Joker.

So, that basically leaves Premier and RMC. They have been the preferred coaster sources for SF the last few years because of the bang for the buck they provide. A steel RMC will likely push the budget, which is why I feel if GAdv is to get it, there is a good chance they would get the Raptor design. Considering it'd be the prototype, and SF's noteworthy relationship with RMC, I could see them debuting it at a discounted rate (at least for the prototype).

Of course, anything is possible...but Premier and RMC are the most likely candidates IMO.

I'm apt to agree that RMC might be the front runner, but I wouldn't count out B&M, Intamin, Mack, Gertslauer or Chance at this point.

I'm apt to agree that RMC might be the front runner, but I wouldn't count out B&M, Intamin, Mack, Gertslauer or Chance at this point.

I mever counted them out...but I don't see them as likely for the job based on the facts at hand. I also never expected an Intamin PnP after a strata, so we'll see.

I think the biggest benefit would be more competition for B&M who has the market cornered on non launched, high capacity steel looping coasters. More competition would likely push them to improve and take more risks and that type of healthy competition would be beneficial to the industry as a whole.

To the mod that updated the subtitle of this thread.

You're welcome! I sometimes wonder if regular Park Discussion readers notice stuff like that.

Always. Its why I love it here. Well one of the reasons. I had a feeling it was you.

It's so annoying how most coaster enthusiast just hop right to the point and scream "OMG! A new coaster!!" When they have no idea what's going to happen there. A lot of people did this on this thread and I'm not surprised that people know they aren't going to get a coaster next year, we're getting one this year anyways, and Six Flags is never like that, unless it's a coaster expansion like at SFMM, which they would of already announced if it ever happened. Well get ready for some of you to be disappointed that we aren't getting a coaster next year. (I'm not 100% sure of that but I know it's not happening next year because Six Flags is rather cheap.)

I laughed out loud when I read it. Best one I've read in a while.

Pile of gravel FTW!!

So now that I'm paying attention to details (missed the discussion thread title change!) Why are the time stamps on posts one hour ahead?????

It definitely seems like S&S and RMC are the frontrunners for Six Flags' coasters in the coming years. A year or two ago I would've included Premier, but F. Throttle and Superman were 3 and 4 years ago. You'd think SF would've installed something else from Premier at this point, could be wrong though.

One thing that could be making S&S seem more appealing to Six Flags at this point over Premier is, possibly the operating costs of a 4D (ala Joker, Batman) are lower than the Premier launchers which have LSMs.