TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Wow, I feel kind of glad I got to see the Chiller station back during HITP. Part of me was hoping they'd keep it for the rumored T-Rex dueler, but y'know, I can't complain.

Also, regarding the Blackbeard/Harley Quinn rumor, I'm totally on board with that. It makes a lot of sense considering the placement of Joker. It's also one of my son's favorite rides, and he really likes all the DC characters, so I'm sure he'll be thrilled

Definitely looking likely we are getting the first all-steel RMC. Two questions for you guys:

1) How closely do you think RMC will follow the concept layouts for the final design?

2) Considering it would be RMC's first steel coaster (besides SC), and considering Chiller's footprint isn't super big, hoe likely do you feel we get the Raptor design instead? I actually prefer the Raptor concept layout in many ways compared to the T-Rex, and I feel the more compact nature could prove to be the more thrilling design ala Maverick. A slightly more expanded Raptor concept layout would compliment our lineup beautifully.

Super excited to see more progress in the Old Country, within the next 5 years that whole side of the park is going to look completely different.

Actually, regardless of what goes in Chiller's footprint, give it only one more year before it looks completely different. Management has said they want no dead areas, which explains the Lakefront and OC being targeted for renovation. The Lakefront should look great this year with Joker and the wide open view of the lake, and next year I fully exoect OC to be completely re-done with a new coaster as the centerpiece.

It's been years, basically since Chiller was removed, that the park felt complete. But with a decade of slowly adding flats, a new family coaster (TDK), a new drop tower, and at least 1 totally renovated area (possibly 2 with OC/new coaster), the park is really rounding into form. Joker adds some meat to our lineup, and an RMC would propel us to possibly the best 1 or 2 coaster parks in the entire world.we are very, very lucky that SF has given our park this level of attention over the past 20 years.

Really surprised that they kept Chiller's station this long if they just decided to tear it down. I always thought that they would reuse it. My heart tells me new coaster or large investment next year, but my brain tells me Justice League (which is technically a big investment, but not as exciting the more times they clone them)

Yes, it is curious they tore down the station now after leaving it vacant for almost nine years. But to me it signifies that the park has something big up their sleeve. I don't think they would put Justice League in that spot because I can't see them spending the money on a new show building, especially with the old Simulator building still standing empty as well.

My gut says it has to be a coaster. If it were a small addition, they could have waited to tear the station down. But the fact that they brought it down now screams 'BIG', imo.

Regardless of what it is, I have to echo what some others have said; it's going to be great having Old Country revitalized in the coming years.

guys dont forget that the Musik Express was also demolished last year. The park wouldnt demolish two iconic buildings/attractions within a few years for nothing. Especially this early. Im sure that a coaster, or at least an attraction is definitley coming, along with a refurbishment of Old Country with maybe a new name/theme to the area.

According to 100% reputable sources over at GAH, the station was demolished over a month ago and the pictures are only surfacing now. It sounds like this had to do with simply removing a building that wasn't in use and very well could have nothing to do with a new attraction in 2017. Why would they lay gravel if they're just going to level the plot for footers?

According to 100% reputable sources over at GAH, the station was demolished over a month ago and the pictures are only surfacing now. It sounds like this had to do with simply removing a building that wasn't in use and very well could have nothing to do with a new attraction in 2017. Why would they lay gravel if they're just going to level the plot for footers?

Are we sure the entire plot of land was filled with gravel? And it could just be temporary to keep things tidy for the first half of the season before they start construction.

The telling sign that SOMETHING is coming is they wouldn't tear down the building after nearly a decade for no reason. It isn't cheap to demolish a building of that size, plus cleanup, so I don't feel they would make that investment after 10 years unless they had plans to refurbish that area. Sure, it doesn't mean a major coaster will take its place, but it is a telling sign they do have plans for Old Country in the next year or two. Context clues lead to the conclusion of a coaster, but of course it is way too early for any certainty, and plans can also change many times between now and the 2017 announcement in August/September.

Wasn't the Chiller station used for a Fright Fest maze?

well yeah technically. The queue was used as the queue for 'Asylum'. People are suggesting that the maze will either just not return in 2016 or its just gonna move its location. I would prefer it to just be removed as it was nothing fantastic to be honest

Everyone needs to stop saying it isnt cheap to just remove a building for no reason. Think for a minute, if the crews that took down the grandstands and ft. independence were there already then you can work a deal to do a third building cheaper. its standard business practice to work deals.

Everyone needs to stop saying it isnt cheap to just remove a building for no reason. Think for a minute, if the crews that took down the grandstands and ft. independence were there already then you can work a deal to do a third building cheaper. its standard business practice to work deals.

Excellent point, and to add to this everything a park does has to stay in budget and that's why parks have five year and ten year plans, so they can capitalize on cost efficiencies when they occur. What harm was there in keeping he station standing in an area where less than 5% of the park's guests would walk past it on any given day.

I'm unclear how the gravel points directly to a new coaster in 2017. Why should the park spend the extra money to sod the area with grass if the area will continue to not be seen by most guests. Or possibly the gravel is being used now because a new coaster is coming in the future, but not necessarily 2017.

The park doesn't need a coaster right now, but Justice League (in the simulator building) will be a big help if HITP continues

Edited by larrygator

Excellent point, and to add to this everything a park does has to stay in budget and that's why parks have five year and ten year plans, so they can capitalize on cost efficiencies when they occur. What harm was there in keeping he station standing in an area where less than 5% of the park's guests would walk past it on any given day.

I'm unclear how the gravel points directly to a new coaster in 2017. Why should the park spend the extra money to sod the area with grass if the area will continue to not be seen by most guests. Or possibly the gravel is being used now because a new coaster is coming in the future, but not necessarily 2017.

The park doesn't need a coaster right now, but Justice League (in the simulator building) will be a big help is HITP continues

If i remember correctly that area had many drainage issues, so the gravel could be to help control that during the season.