TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

^^^That's a reputable newspaper that has a history of reporting properly and has inside connections with park. It's understood that their sources are legitimate because they actually are. Anybody in the world could create an account on this site and post whatever the hell they want. It doesn't take a genius to do that, but apparently it does take one to question it.

I really hate to jump in on this, but considering it's been explained how the structure and world of the statement comes off as a fact, several times I might add, and you still haven't come to grasp this, I'm really starting to question if you are just arguing for the sake of arguing, or you are trolling. Take your pick, but several people explained why they read it as a fact, with pretty darn good reasoning and you still don't get it and seem to just want to pick an argument with them.

And this too.

You know there's a difference between a newspaper and a random post on an internet forum, right?

And this.

I'm not saying the newspaper is as credible as this user. But just like the user's post, this article doesn't cite a source. The original question I asked is what is that user supposed to say his source is? What would the newspaper say if you asked that question? Does him saying he heard it from someone who works at the park vs not providing a source any different at all? I'm not arguing how true that statement is, I'm trying to figure out what someone is supposed to say their source is for something that there isn't any physical evidence to provide.

I'm not saying the newspaper is as credible as this user. But just like the user's post, this article doesn't cite a source. The original question I asked is what is that user supposed to say his source is? What would the newspaper say if you asked that question? Does him saying he heard it from someone who works at the park vs not providing a source any different at all? I'm not arguing how true that statement is, I'm trying to figure out what someone is supposed to say their source is for something that there isn't any physical evidence to provide.

So there's a couple things you can do.

1) Say it's a rumor and don't word it as fact. "I heard a rumor that..." Or "I heard from (source/person/site) that..."

2) Not say anything because you don't know how to construct a proper sentence with basic information.

I don't know how else to explain it. I've never had to explain how to write a sentence so it's all new to me.

I had no idea this board was such a formal place. I am going to take a break for a little while. At least until I get a degree in the english language obviously. As a rule of thumb, you can perceive everything posted without a source as a rumor. All problems are now solved.

Yes, please do take a break. Your argument is pointless.

I'd rather not read any more comments on this argument from either side. LET IT GO!

Edited by larrygator

^ I can see Blackbeard being re-themed, but I don't think they'd go full Gotham City. Unless they made everything from Joker all the way to B:TR and Nitro part of Gotham as well, in which case, that would be a huge section. And it still wouldn't be cohesive, because no iteration of Gotham City I've seen has ever had a giant skull in the middle of it.

^ I can see Blackbeard being re-themed, but I don't think they'd go full Gotham City. Unless they made everything from Joker all the way to B:TR and Nitro part of Gotham as well, in which case, that would be a huge section. And it still wouldn't be cohesive, because no iteration of Gotham City I've seen has ever had a giant skull in the middle of it.

I highly doubt they'd even think of something that extensive because of one ride, too. They put Supes in the boardwalk and then added Green Lantern later but there's still no other themeing outside of the ride queues themselves. Hell, Supes only got some informational standees. Green Lantern at least got a plane. The park did away with cohesive themes a loooooooooong time ago.

^ Oh yea, I know that it isn't going to happen, because knowing the parks track record, it would fall to pieces within months. I was just envisioning a scenario in which they did take this course of action. And even in that scenario, it still doesn't make sense.

This is the reason I love TPR. I think the people in this board put way more thought into the theming and planning of Great Adventure than Six Flags Inc. ever has.

I could a imagine Six Flags Corporate meeting on theme goes like this:

1. Can we use a DC comic hero/villian? Yes

2. Will it cost alot of money put a DC Comic hero/villian on it? No

3. Can we put it on a T-shirt and other merch? Yes

GREENLIGHT!

It would make sense to keep it. The queue is actually in pretty decent shape having walked through it firsthand last fall for Fright Fest. Wouldn't surprise me one bit.

I for one am just excited to see some sort of progress down in the former Old Country section.

I highly doubt they'd even think of something that extensive because of one ride, too. They put Supes in the boardwalk and then added Green Lantern later but there's still no other themeing outside of the ride queues themselves. Hell, Supes only got some informational standees. Green Lantern at least got a plane. The park did away with cohesive themes a loooooooooong time ago.

And the plane was an old prop from "The Right Stuff Mach 1" ('84- '99).....