TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

I actually kinda like that the colors are but duller than the ones over at Discovery Kingdom appear to be. When it fades it won't look as ridiculous because we all know this isn't getting painted until March 2034.

Yeah, so it will look nice and brand new for its relocation to SFA

^ And your source is? Not saying it isn't plausible, but you gotta give us more to work with than a hashtag.

How does someone provide a source for something that has not been formally announced? He probably heard it at an employee event or from an employee. Why don't you just assume what he said is true and if it turns out it's not then who cares and you'll know he's not credible.

^ And your source is? Not saying it isn't plausible, but you gotta give us more to work with than a hashtag.

How does someone provide a source for something that has not been formally announced? He probably heard it at an employee event or from an employee. Why don't you just assume what he said is true and if it turns out it's not then who cares and you'll know he's not credible.

If we assumed everything people say on this site is true then we are seriously, seriously screwed.

I'm not going to assume anything. You know the saying. If any of the actual park employees who regularly post here want to lend credence to what he said then I'll believe it.

If we assumed everything people say on this site is true then we are seriously, seriously screwed.

Is this instance really that big of a deal? It's a re-theming of a children's ride. I doubt there are many people actively spreading untrue rumours as minor as that.

Is this instance really that big of a deal? It's a re-theming of a children's ride. I doubt there are many people actively spreading untrue rumours as minor as that.

Why are you getting so worked up over me asking someone a question?

Why are you getting so worked up over me asking someone a question?

I'm not getting worked up. I really don't care. I just don't understand how someone is supposed to provide a source to something that the park hasn't announced. What kind of source is he supposed to provide? All incoming employees have to go through an orientation where they discuss what is new or changing for the upcoming season. He probably learned it from someone who has attended that. Isn't it more fun to speculate on things than to only ever want to know what has been formally announced? Again, it's a re theming of a children's ride. If it's not true then you'll just know that person isn't someone you should believe in the future. I'd rather someone share news that they have heard so that it can create discussion than for them to keep it to themselves until it has been announced so that they can provide an actual source.

People state rumors or even just their persoanlly ideas/preferences as fact whenever they feel like opening their mouth sometimes. It might be true, it might not be. But we need some sort of verification to separate it from rumor, even if it's not a big deal.

"Kingda Ka will not be operating on opening day!"

Now, a good number of people on this site (and others after its spread across enthusiast sites) would be hesitant to attend opening day. Is it true? Who knows. I didn't say how I know, so why should anyone believe me?

See?

All I did was ask a question. I'm pretty sure questions are vital to "create discussion".

People state rumors or even just their persoanlly ideas/preferences as fact whenever they feel like opening their mouth sometimes. It might be true, it might not be. But we need some sort of verification to separate it from rumor, even if it's not a big deal.

Now, a good number of people on this site (and others after its spread across enthusiast sites) would be hesitant to attend opening day. Is it true? Who knows. I didn't say how I know, so why should anyone believe me?

See?

See?

How is this the same? Are you going to boycott the park if it turns out this childrens ride has not been rethemed?

Are you really saying that if someone falsely says KK won't be open it would spread across the internet and the park would be empty? I'm willing to bet most people who read coaster forums have a season pass for the park so I don't think the four people who decide they're not going to the park because a ride is closed would affect much of anything considering 95% of people who visit the park have never even visited a theme park forum in their life.

See?

How is this the same? Are you going to boycott the park if it turns out this childrens ride has not been rethemed?

Are you really saying that if someone falsely says KK won't be open it would spread across the internet and the park would be empty? I'm willing to bet most people who read coaster forums have a season pass for the park so I don't think the four people who decide they're not going to the park because a ride is closed would affect much of anything considering 95% of people who visit the park have never even visited a theme park forum in their life.

You completely missed the point. I explained it as best I can so I don't want to get into a theoretical situation anymore. Let's just move on and say there's a *possibility* that Blackbeard will be returned come the start of the season.

It's actually interesting that Blackbeard wasn't operating for HITP this year, and I bet a lot of families didn't know the ride existed because it's not in a kiddie area. I wonder, assuming a retheme actually does happen, if they're going for a type of change as they are at SFOG with an actual building and theming.

Edited by Password121

All I did was ask a question. I'm pretty sure questions are vital to "create discussion".

See?

I'm asking a question, too. What sort of source are you looking for? You're saying that you won't believe him until another user that you know is credible confirms it. That probably means that at some point in time those people posted a rumor and then you eventually discovered it was true when the park confirmed it or when you visited the park you saw that it was true. Now you know those people are credible. Now when you go to the park and see that this is true you'll know that this person is credible. If you don't want to believe him then don't believe him but I don't understand what sort of source someone is supposed to provide for something like that.

You completely missed the point. I explained it as best I can so I don't want to get into a theoretical situation anymore. Let's just move on and say there's a *possibility* that Blackbeard will be returned come the start of the season.

It's actually interesting that Bkackbeard wasn't operating for HITP this year, and I bet a lot of families didn't know the ride existed because it's not in a kiddie area. I wonder, assuming a retheme actually does happen, if they're going for a type of change as they are at SFOG with an actually building and theming.

Can you provide your source on that? See? What are you supposed to say to that other than you heard about it. I'm not saying that everything everyone says is true, but wouldn't you rather someone post a rumor than not?

When most people post mentioning a change in the park, they'll provide a source. Even if it's made-up, saying "oh the dippins dots guy told me", or "a friend of a friend" is giving a source.

That particular poster gave nothing. Just a random post with a hashtag. That's why I asked. I still don't understand why this is such a big deal to you, but I digress. Let's take the discussion back to the park.

See?

It's actually interesting that Bkackbeard wasn't operating for HITP this year, and I bet a lot of families didn't know the ride existed because it's not in a kiddie area. I wonder, assuming a retheme actually does happen, if they're going for a type of change as they are at SFOG with an actually building and theming.

Can you provide your source on that? See? What are you supposed to say to that other than you heard about it. I'm not saying that everything everyone says is true, but wouldn't you rather someone post a rumor than not?

Yeah, I'd rather someone post a rumor. But just a rumor. When someone comes out and says "this is happening this/next year!" with no source and no credibility, why would I believe that?

I don't mean anything by it but there are a lot of twelve year olds on the Internet, and some of them are on enthusiast sites making statements just like that. If someone posts a rumor or idea as fact they're automatically not credible in my mind. Maybe that's my fault and I should believe everyone but I've learned that's never really been a good idea. There are a lot of stupid people out there.

When most people post mentioning a change in the park, they'll provide a source. Even if it's made-up, saying "oh the dippins dots guy told me", or "a friend of a friend" is giving a source.

That particular poster gave nothing. Just a random post with a hashtag. That's why I asked. I still don't understand why this is such a big deal to you, but I digress. Let's take the discussion back to the park.

So "Blackbeards will be changed with the addition of the joker. It will be called Harley Quinn. - a homeless man who lives near the park who is friends with an employee" is different from "Blackbeards will be changed with the addition of the joker. #Harleyquinn?" I'm pretty sure everyone knows what he meant.

The issue simply boils down to how something gets stated in a discussion. Like everything, it all comes down to communication and the specific words that are chosen.

"Blackbeard will be rethemed to Harley Quinn." <-- This implies fact. This implies this statement has factual evidence that can be readily supplied to support it. It could be a press release from the park, a leaked photo or rendering, permits listing the future name, etc. When something is worded as fact, then there should be facts that support it. If not:

"I heard that Blackbeard will be rethemed to Harley Quinn."

It's not this scenario that people are voicing dissent against - I agree arguing over a retheming on a family coaster is pretty stupid. The issue is larger than that and affects any topic, any discussion involving speculation. When something is worded as a fact, it should actually be fact. Wording rumor or opinion as fact is how bad rumors and misinformation gets spread.

So "Blackbeards will be changed with the addition of the joker. It will be called Harley Quinn. - a homeless man who lives near the park who is friends with an employee" is different from "Blackbeards will be changed with the addition of the joker. #Harleyquinn?" I'm pretty sure everyone knows what he meant.

Excuse me, are you new to the Internet? MOST people won't know what he meant. MOST people are moronic mouth-breathers who'll repost and restate anything they see on the Internet regardless if it's true or not. Look at political discussions led by memes full of completely incorrect facts. The distinction is ABSOLUTELY necessary.

Edited by michaellynn4

Kingda Ka will be removed at the end of this season. I heard it from someone I know who works at the park.

Kingda Ka's days are numbered #goodbye #endof2016

I perceive those exactly the same. The argument here is that you can't just believe what people say because they say it. So you're asking for some sort of source. If he says his source is from someone who works there does that really make it any more credible? He could easily be making that up as well. I seriously doubt that "MOST people" don't understand what he meant with that post and I think it's insulting that you're saying this forum is basically the same as the comment section on a CNN article.

If someone said something like "The park just announced Rolling Thunder is being removed" I'd ask for a source. But when someone posts a rumor, what kind of source are you looking for? That's my point.

^He already explained that! It's been stated multiple times now that if someone is going to post a rumor, do just that! Post it as a rumor, not as a fact. We're all making the same argument and I don't know how else to explain it. I'm sorry but I'm starting to think maybe this forum isn't all that different from a comment section. Seriously.

You contradict your point several times. If you seriously can't tell when something is worded as fact or when something is worded as rumor then there's just no helping you.

I'm sorry but I'm starting to think maybe this forum isn't all that different from a comment section. Seriously.

This article is written entirely as fact:

http://www.sanduskyregister.com/Business/2016/02/11/Shoot-The-Rapids-coming-down.html?ci=stream&lp=10&p=1

Cedar Point’s Shoot the Rapids is coming down.

Sources have told the Register the amusement park operator started to tear down the water ride Tuesday. Cedar Point is not confirming the removal or what will come next.

Their source? Sources. Are you going to write the editor and ask him what his source is? Most people seem to be fine with them not having a source and now there's something new to discuss about Cedar Point!

Edited by scottm13

I really hate to jump in on this, but considering it's been explained how the structure and words of the statement comes off as a fact, several times I might add, and you still haven't come to grasp this, I'm really starting to question if you are just arguing for the sake of arguing, or you are trolling. Take your pick, but several people explained why they read it as a fact, with pretty darn good reasoning and you still don't get it and seem to just want to pick an argument with them.

EDIT: spelling errors.

Edited by Sensesfailed