TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

If they changed GL I'd rather it become a sit down. Keep Bizzaro where it is. We lost our only sit down looper when GASM was removed. GL would be a fun sit down layout and probably much smoother too.

I don't think it's feasible to make GL into a traditional sit-down.

One, the heartline of Mantis required the higher floorless trains compared to sit down (it's also very possible Rougarou's trains sit higher than other B&M floorless trains). GL is the same way so sit-down trains would very likely not be possible.

Two, why would you want normal sit down trains when you can have floorless trains just as easily and market them as something more unique? There is no down side to having a floorless over a sit down. Outside of the front seat the experience is almost exactly the same. You can't argue that sit down coasters make rides more intense because the only B&M sit downs were built when B&M consistently built intense rides.

I personally don't see SF renovating any stand up coasters. They still think people like them in the parks that they're popular (Gadv, Magic Mountain, over Georgia) and they won't put in that much money into the less popular stand ups because they suck as they are, and being stand ups doesn't change a whole lot (Apocalypse). A new B&M train also costs $1 million apiece. They're (SF, not Cedar Point) better off using that towards a new flat ride or to help cover the cost of an RMC or free spin.

I've never been to the park so I don't know much about it, but I would not be surprised if whatever is being removed will be replaced by a Justice League Dark Ride. I'm sure its pretty much inevitable. SFStL is my home park and Justice League is a fantastic ride!

Hey guys, so the change for this year isn't as big a deal as what you all seem to be thinking. I'd love to give more clues to what I am talking about but you will all find out during the 2016 operating season!

do you mean the ride being removed isnt big, or the actually new attraction coming in 2017 isnt big? Sorry i'm kind of confused. I would assume you mean the ride being removed cause the guys on GADVHistory are saying its nothing big.

I really need to remember to check the forums everyday... Don't check it and I see people talk about Bizzaro possibly getting removed. I know it's not the popular ride it once was, but I do enjoy that coaster... mainly because I like Bizzaro(the character). Thank god for Ryan... even though I nearly had a heart attack.

Bizarro moving has been a "rumor" since like the day after it opened. Seriously there's nothing pointing to it leaving other than not being quite as popular as some of the other coasters (I bet if you saw ridership numbers you'd realize it's way more popular than you'd think. Even with inchworms operating the ride it probably does 700-1000/hour when it has any sort of line).

I have a STRONG hunch this "removal" is like Ryan said--way, way less significant than you guys are making it out to be. I'm talking neither the go-carts, the simulator building or the Batman arena. Like maybe the remote control boats near Skull Mountain.