TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

I think that Joker is an awesome addition. its something completely unique and im lucky to live 30 minutes away!

I will be a fun ride for sure but given

-Joker is an over used IP (they are using it for a RMC in California this year alone) and,

-This is a clone of a Batman ride in TX

I am not sure if you are being sarcastic or serious about the "completely unique" part.

To be honest, when I first saw Total Mayhem, the first thought that came to my mind was "They can do better than that!"

Edit: can anybody spot the ride that is not part of SFGADV?

Wasn't this talked about when the first released Total Mayhem??

Either way, I do wish they would have paid more attention to details (Not that most of the GP will even notice, but still.) ... Ohhh, who am I kidding?? Paying attention to details?! I forgot .... This is Six Flags we are talking about.

Glad to see that they went with The Joker theme....especially when my two favorite colors are purple and green.

I will have to set myself a challenge as to whether I get to SFGA to ride this one first, or get to SFFT to ride the one there. My guess would be I will get to NJ before I get to Texas, but we'll see how things go.

Holy banter Batman!

I should have cracked open an adult beverage, before I got caught up on reading all of today's posts!

My favorite post from today? The one a few pages back from the Leader of the "Intamin Indoor Roller Coasters Fanclub"......what was it again that he said? "And I am ecstatic we are getting a big new ride that will keep people occupied while I ride El Toro and Nitro."

Ditto my friend on your quote!!!!!!

Has nobody said anything about how this ride's rebranding is due to an error with RMC painting the tracks the wrong color?

Is that a assumption, a joke, or are you actually being serious?

I'm being 100% serious

Nobody had said anything about the ride being rethemed because The Jolly Green Giant and Grimace broke into the park, shat on the track and changed the colors either.

Edited by larrygator

Has nobody said anything about how this ride's rebranding is due to an error with RMC painting the tracks the wrong color?

I'm being 100% serious

Nobody had said anything about the ride being rethemed because The Jolly Green Giant and Grimace broke into the park, shat on the track and changed the colors either.

image.gif.53954bf3b2c1f0927797c3da821a62e1.gif

I'm being 100% serious

Post Of The Month

dt

Is all the a banter now done over color and name change?

<-----if so, "now back to our regularly scheduled program"........

Bummer, I had high hopes for some quality reading this morning. Yesterday this thread was total mayhem.

internet.gif.1b8fa4ea3d43642eed83e8595dc024b0.gif

The good news is that anyone who preferred the old color scheme needs only to wait a year or two before it finds it's way back to the Joker cars. Let's be serious we all know damn well why they chose those colors, lol.

As I said though I don't care about the name or color.

image.jpg.a94cd68a2af4520a80eb53e8587e7e0d.jpg

image.jpg.5b48381813f17cbfc333687381286688.jpg

I LOVE the retheme!! The name Total Mayhem was painfully generic, especially at an SF park with some of the most original-named rides (El Toro, Nitro, Kingda Ka, Zumanjaro). Now, obviously The Joker is not original, but it is far less cheesy, has a solid theme, and the colors are lightyears better than Total Mayhem's were. It should look great as the first thing you see while entering the park, especially with those colors aling the lake.

BTW- I thought the post that "someone" went off on coneyislandchris was stupid......

I'm like many "regulars" on this website- passionate/interested in Theme Parks, whom enjoy "taking a break" and reading opinions, posting news, etc......yes- sometimes we get carried away, bantering about a name change or color of a track, so be it!

Just to add fuel to the fire- stating my opinion (again) on Total May- ahhh, I mean- The Joker in 2016:

- If the majority of the GP likes it, and it drives profitability, then guess what- great! Even better if it shortens the lines for me to go on El Toro and Nitro more frequently! (as another "regular" posted earlier this week)

- I LOVE speed and heights, not spinning rides! So this "announcement" was a letdown for me personally (blah! blah! blah!- "spoiled SFGA local", "I live and Guam and would kill for one of these"- WHATEVER!!!!)

- And to really piss you off, this is as much a roller coaster as Looping Drag- ahhhh, I mean, El Diablo is!

Good day!!!!!