TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

This forum has become untolerable with the "Stop complaining!" bs. I see a forum as a medium in which positions can be shared, and yes, every so often conflict. Its not complaining if someone doesnt like the name or theme change. Its their opinion.

This site stopped being fun a while ago. Thanks for the memories guys, Im leaving the board for a while.

This forum has become untolerable with the "Stop complaining!" bs. I see a forum as a medium in which positions can be shared, and yes, every so often conflict. Its not complaining if someone doesnt like the name or theme change. Its their opinion.

This site stopped being fun a while ago. Thanks for the memories guys, Im leaving the board for a while.

I wonder why the late change? The Joker is more marketable, though over used. I wish that they would give more theming for the roller coaster. There are so many things they could do, so many missed opportunities. I am salivating thinking about an interactive que themed to the Jokers hideout. I feel like Six Flags has just diluted the DC brand so much. Marvel was smart to get in with Universal Studios and then Disney.

Super man and Green Lantern on one side---- Bizzaro in the back------ Joker in the middle---- Batman the ride and Dark Knight on the other side. It is so obvious there is no plan, rhyme or reason. They should just retheme the park Six Flags: DC Universe.

I also am curious why the late change? Total Mayhem seemed like a generic code name but why slap an IP on it so late? Normally IP are removed not added. Ah well. They have so many DC properties spread all over that park.

I never understood where "Total Mayhem" came from. I just thought it was some comic book character I had never heard of.

I can't say who came up with it, but early last year the park sent out a survey with ride and theme ideas and "Total Mayhem" was one of the choices for a ride name. Apparently it was the most popular answer?

I really like all the added signage / queue, and I definitely like these colors a lot better. It pops a lot more.

Total Mayhem was alright, but if I want to go ride a coaster with a generic name and no themeing, I'll go to a Cedar Fair park. The themeing here may not be Disney-level, but it's not designed to be. I'm guessing this will be more popular with the GP, too.

Still can't wait to ride it next year!

Edited by michaellynn4

I never understood where "Total Mayhem" came from. I just thought it was some comic book character I had never heard of.

I can't say who came up with it, but early last year the park sent out a survey with ride and theme ideas and "Total Mayhem" was one of the choices for a ride name. Apparently it was the most popular answer?

Damn GP!

I wonder why the late change? The Joker is more marketable, though over used. I wish that they would give more theming for the roller coaster. There are so many things they could do, so many missed opportunities. I am salivating thinking about an interactive que themed to the Jokers hideout. I feel like Six Flags has just diluted the DC brand so much. Marvel was smart to get in with Universal Studios and then Disney.

Super man and Green Lantern on one side---- Bizzaro in the back------ Joker in the middle---- Batman the ride and Dark Knight on the other side. It is so obvious there is no plan, rhyme or reason. They should just retheme the park Six Flags: DC Universe.

I also am curious why the late change? Total Mayhem seemed like a generic code name but why slap an IP on it so late? Normally IP are removed not added. Ah well. They have so many DC properties spread all over that park.

I had a lot of similar thoughts but honestly, I'm not that worried about it. Six Flags isn't really building "theme" parks any more, they're just building rides. A park like Hershey can put a ride in the middle of their park, name it Skyrush, and give it no theme whatsoever and no one complains. I think if we all just shifted our perception of Six Flags parks to high-budget vanilla amusement parks with a crap ton of DC theming, rather than Universal on the cheap, we'd stand to be disappointed a lot less. I feel like we should all be way past the point where yet another DC ride in yet another random area of the park is something to gripe about. It's a ride, I'll ride it, hopefully I'll enjoy it, hopefully they'll get another custom coaster soon, and that's about all there is to say.

Still kinda hoping the name Total Mayhem gets recycled and used for something else. It makes the 12-year-old in me so happy.

Edited by neil009

Is this the first ride ever that's been rethemed before even being built?

Actually this is two years in a row this park did it. Looping Dragon > El Diablo, Total Mayhem > The Joker.

I'm surprised that they got the track (at least some of it) repainted so quickly. Anyway, I don't care what the heck they call it, I'm still happy that we're getting an actual new roller coaster next year.

Also, I just noticed something. We're getting the second 4D Free Spin coaster in entire world. This is just like how back in 1993 we got the second inverted coaster in the world with Batman: the Ride. Not to mention, they're both named after DC characters. What a coincidence!

I'm surprised that they got the track (at least some of it) repainted so quickly.

I don't think they started repainting only when the annoucement was made.

I actually don't think these rails were even been painted mustard and ketchup at any point (someone see them in those colors?).

I actually think Robb's version is the most probable. They wanted to do that since the beginning (since May 2015, perhaps?) but had trouble with the IP so they had a backup plan.

Edited by KingRCT3

I'm the type of guy that would announce a name and then completely have a different idea like this, just to mess with people, so somewhere in the back of my mind, I'm hoping that's what Six Flags was doing, but I have a feeling they just realized this would be a better idea and did a quick sudden change.

Either way.. SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!

Also, I just noticed something. We're getting the second 4D Free Spin coaster in entire world. This is just like how back in 1993 we got the second inverted coaster in the world with Batman: the Ride. Not to mention, they're both named after DC characters. What a coincidence!

Also the second B&M flyer behind Great America's.

Also second Arrow megalooper behind Great America's Shockwave.

Has Great America gotten any other firsts recently?

Damn, Boldikus beat me to it.

I love that the park created a section of its website to house construction updates. I also love that some of the supports are still wrapped in the protective wrapping. It'd be hilarious if they leave that up, it reminds me of the plastic-wrapped furniture at my grandma's house.

I also love that some of the supports are still wrapped in the protective wrapping. It'd be hilarious if they leave that up, it reminds me of the plastic-wrapped furniture at my grandma's house.

Did you follow the construction of Taron at Phantasialand at all? That thing was wrapped up like a gift for christmas morning.

I also love that some of the supports are still wrapped in the protective wrapping. It'd be hilarious if they leave that up, it reminds me of the plastic-wrapped furniture at my grandma's house.

Did you follow the construction of Taron at Phantasialand at all? That thing was wrapped up like a gift for christmas morning.

Oh man, I forgot about that ride. Yea, I remember checking it out and having the same thoughts as well.