TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

The ride is going to ride the same if it was red, blue, plaid, or polka dot. I really don't care what color it is.

That being said, a plaid color scheme on a coaster is long overdue (Paul Bunyan:The Ride).

Paul Bunyan and Johnny Appleseed: The Chiller

The ride is going to ride the same if it was red, blue, plaid, or polka dot. I really don't care what color it is.

That being said, a plaid color scheme on a coaster is long overdue (Paul Bunyan:The Ride).

Paul Bunyan and Johnny Appleseed: The Chiller

Definitely the best idea for a Coaster name I have ever seen! Where do I sign the petition lol!

I would naturally prefer an ugly purple coaster that's fun to no coaster or a not fun coaster. Doesn't mean I wouldn't rather it not be purple and ugly. Dark red, yellow, even just purple or just green with neutral color supports, but please not purple AND green.

^Not ugly

^A little bit ugly

Dorney_Park_Laser.jpg

^Ugly as hell

^ You also have to consider that the Purple and Green on The Joker at SFDK (assuming they will be the same shades for SFGAd) are completely different shades than what was used on Laser. I think once it is said and done most people will be pleased with the color scheme.

I just still don't understand the problem with the "COLOR" of a coaster! Will it ride different or make it go faster if its pink and purple? I guess I have real issues in life and the color of a coaster isn't one of them

Btw I'm just happy that my "home park" is getting a new coaster! While a clone, it's one of two coasters so far and they could have put it at another park.

^ You also have to consider that the Purple and Green on The Joker at SFDK (assuming they will be the same shades for SFGAd) are completely different shades than what was used on Laser. I think once it is said and done most people will be pleased with the color scheme.

The purple doesn't really look that different to me. True the green is much less puketastic. Reeaaally seriously hoping that isn't what we end up with still.

The only issue I have with purple is that it looks horrible once it starts fading. Like a sucked on grape Skittle

Yeah but we won't have to worry about that. I'm sure Six Flags will at least do the minimum amount of painting every 10 years or so to ensure that the ride looks semi respectable.

Lol sorry I'll stop screwing around now.

How accessible is SFGAdv from Philly and NYC by car? I'm spitballing plans for Summer and SFGAdv is on the radar... Any plans would be centered around being in Philly for the US Men's Copa America match on June 11th... Flights to NYC from Chicago seem like they might be $80-100 less and more numerous vs going into Philly... Curious if dealing with traffic headaches from NYC might negate that however...

How accessible is SFGAdv from Philly and NYC by car? I'm spitballing plans for Summer and SFGAdv is on the radar... Any plans would be centered around being in Philly for the US Men's Copa America match on June 11th... Flights to NYC from Chicago seem like they might be $80-100 less and more numerous vs going into Philly... Curious if dealing with traffic headaches from NYC might negate that however...

Extremely easy. Take the NJ Turnpike from either city to I-195 east. It's 10 miles east of the turnpike. Same distance from both NY and Philly, pretty much the dead center of NJ.

Its about an hour from both NYC and Philly. Depending on when we go if traffic is really light we've gotten there in 40-45 minutes and I'm practically in downtown/center city Philly. Sunday mornings are the best, if we take the backroads we are there in no time.

Probably in the minority here, but that purple and green looks a hell of a lot better than the ketchup and mustard originally shown. Also, two straight years GAdv has changed the name of their new addition, that's pretty interesting.

Probably in the minority here, but that purple and green looks a hell of a lot better than the ketchup and mustard originally shown. Also, two straight years GAdv has changed the name of their new addition, that's pretty interesting.

You are not the minority it looks a lot better. It will really pop out against the lake. Personally I love the change.