TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Its things like this like that make me wish GADV was a cedar fair park.

If Great Adventure was a Cedar Fair park then we wouldn't be able to ride Nitro when it's 29 degrees and windy in January so Cedar Fair can go screw. If they keep letting us do that then I don't care if they re-name every coaster in the park "Batman's Takis Adventure The Ride" sponsored by the Jersey Boys and throw cheap props and Takis ads everywhere in the park.

Did anyone see the rumor on screamscape.com posted today that says someone has seen the track for Total Mayhem and its the same color as the joker track at Discovery Kingdom? I remember it was called "Joker's Total Mayhem" during an interview once. Does anyone know anything else about this rumor? It would make sense IMO and I like it better than just total mayhem because it actually sort of has a theme now. Link to the Great Adventure Screamscape page

Definitely love the Joker's Total Mayhem prospect, and the purple and green will look much better than yellow/red.

I can see this occuring. The park set precedent last year when they re-named Looping Dragon to El Diablo, so I can certainly see them changing track colour and re-naming the ride. And count me among those who believe purple and green would look a hell of a lot better than red and yellow.

I really wish Six Flags would cut it out with the DC comic themes all over the park. Not every dang coaster needs a dang comic book theme. Its things like this like that make me wish GADV was a cedar fair park. Divehawk is in everyway better than Batman Coaster 3.

Strongly agree

Did anyone see the rumor on screamscape.com posted today that says someone has seen the track for Total Mayhem and its the same color as the joker track at Discovery Kingdom? I remember it was called "Joker's Total Mayhem" during an interview once. Does anyone know anything else about this rumor? It would make sense IMO and I like it better than just total mayhem because it actually sort of has a theme now. Link to the Great Adventure Screamscape page

I might know a thing or two

If true, I'm not a fan. I hate the TM name, but the orange/black is a really nice combo and unique to the park. We already have a green/black coaster in Green Lantern, and a purple coaster in Bizarro. Also, this will make it a 4th different area of the park where there's a comic book themed coaster.

Are you alowed to share? Or is it confidential information for the time being? (Or is everything I've said above everything we need to know?)

It's fun speculating something that's already been confirmed!

Tease.

If true, I'm not a fan. I hate the TM name, but the orange/black is a really nice combo and unique to the park. We already have a green/black coaster in Green Lantern, and a purple coaster in Bizarro. Also, this will make it a 4th different area of the park where there's a comic book themed coaster.

Orange and black? The rendering had it as red and yellow.

I was referring to the black supports, and the red looked more like a deep orange to me in the animation. Looking at the animation again it does look a bit more red than orange, but it's certainly not a Superman-color red. Regardless, I prefer the colors over the Joker purple/green, and I feel it would stand out better at this park.

^Hmm...

I think people have a right to voice their opinion on a forum about opinions of roller coasters. Are we just supposed to be like "any new coaster is amazing and I love everything that Six Flags does!" just because there are other parks not building new coasters?

This is the first new coaster at Great Adventure in 5 years, which is the longest the park has *ever* gone without one. It's also a clone, and not what a lot of people were hoping for (but I bet most people will enjoy it once they ride it). People can discuss what they like and don't like if they want to, and some park in Italy that isn't building a new coaster has no affect on their opinion of this new ride.

To every single idiotic moron complaining about this- Be grateful you're not Italian. So far, we aren't getting anything cool for 2016. All we're getting is a Fabbri Spinner coming to Gardaland and THAT'S IT. So please:

STOP. THE. WHINING!!!

I think you posted this in the wrong thread lol.

I see red and orange...is this like the dress? (White and gold!)

Either way, I think it's completely mismatched for the area it's in. You could've put a new coaster by the water and let it blend in with the environment around it - instead, regardless of the color combo (red/orange vs. green/purple), it just looks very dark and obtrusive - especially with those black supports. I'll wait to see how it looks in person, of course, but I just can't see how such a dark color scheme works in a natural setting like the Lakeside.

DISCLAIMER (because fanboys make one feel necessary): I'm very excited for Total Joker Mayhem Funhouse Ride, and the paint will not impact my enjoyment of it. This is an opinion. People are allowed to have opinions! God bless America.

My honest opinion on this coaster is that I completely, 100% don't care.

I don't mean that in a complainy way, I just know Green Lantern at Magic Mountain sucked donkey balls and X2 sucks donkey balls so while I know this is a different manufacturer and It's very possible that it won't suck donkey balls there's also a good chance that it will suck plenty of donkey balls.

That being said I don't particularly care either way, we already have a tremendous coaster collection, we get awesome new additions basically every year culminating with Holiday in the Park which is awesome in every possible way and if this coaster does happen to be a dud then I really don't care because between Kingda Ka, El Toro, Nitro, Zumanjaro, Batman, Bizarro, Superman, Skull Mountain, Sky Screamer and plenty of other great rides it's not like there's any shortage of things to do. If the coaster turns out to be good then that's even better.

^Hmm...

I think people have a right to voice their opinion on a forum about opinions of roller coasters. Are we just supposed to be like "any new coaster is amazing and I love everything that Six Flags does!" just because there are other parks not building new coasters?

This is the first new coaster at Great Adventure in 5 years, which is the longest the park has *ever* gone without one. It's also a clone, and not what a lot of people were hoping for (but I bet most people will enjoy it once they ride it). People can discuss what they like and don't like if they want to, and some park in Italy that isn't building a new coaster has no affect on their opinion of this new ride.

Ok. I think that as always I'm gonna have to make a few things clear.

I was referring to people who bash the ride and say stupid things like "SFGAdv desrvs betr!!1!" before they've even ridden it and are obsessing over dumb things like capacity and all that. I think I just realized that I'm very, VERY late to the party in this case, but somehow, it just felt appropriate when I posted this earlier today.

And as for the Italy thing, I was using that to support my main message which is to just attempt to be grateful about it at the very least. I do admit to sounding extremely stupid, there, but doesn't it make you cringe when someone has it better than you and is STILL whining?

I need help... don't I?

^ If you've been to the park on a summer day you would understand. Most of the people in here go to the park a lot and we all know a park like Great Adv needs high capacity rides - that's a fact, not an opinion. It certainly doesn't make us dumb to be concerned about that. The capacity thing hasn't been brought up here in months - or maybe I missed a recent post, I dunno, but its absolutely a valid concern. I'm not saying its a low capacity ride, but that rides at Great Adv need to be high capacity.

Bottom line the grass is always greener. Sucks for you Italy is not getting a new ride but that has nothing to do with Great Adventures 2016 addition. Mostly everyone here is grateful we are getting something, its just not what a lot of us hoped for. Forums exist for people to talk and exchange opinions, and that's all anyone is doing. Sure there will be whiners, it comes with the territory. Also chill with the ALL CAPS. It indicates you are yelling at someone.