TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

I think Blackbeard & Total Mayhem are a given next year for holiday in the park. If they don't expand to Frontier Adventures I hope at the very least they have round trips on the Sky Ride! I heard many enthusiasts and regular park guest comment about not be able to see the lights from Sky Ride.

I'm not sure if anyone saw this yet but the 2016 schedule has been posted. There are now two bonus weekends in November so they won't take a break at all, and most importantly Holiday in the Park will return!

Love this. There's only eleven weekends this entire year that have no operating hours at all. Short of being in a climate that would allow for year-round operation, this is pretty much as good as it can possibly get.

I think they expand to include Blackbeard and Total Mayhem... That's it. Staffing is hard to come by and why increase your overhead for no reason? If they never expand it and keep bringing it back in its current form I'd be beyond thrilled.

I agree with this. Aside from including these two rides next year, I really don't foresee them expanding into new areas of the park. I'm more curious about modifications they make to the decorations / entertainment lineup.

I think Blackbeard & Total Mayhem are a given next year for holiday in the park. If they don't expand to Frontier Adventures I hope at the very least they have round trips on the Sky Ride! I heard many enthusiasts and regular park guest comment about not be able to see the lights from Sky Ride.

You might be on to something! *wink wink* But I wouldn't expect Blackbeard. That thing saddles more than anything.

You might be on to something! *wink wink* But I wouldn't expect Blackbeard. That thing saddles more than anything.

As for Old Country, as much as I would love an RMC of any kind, and a dueling T-Rex would be absolutely insane, I'm not too sure an RMC is coming very soon. There will definitely be some renovations coming to that area in the next few years. Personally I would love to see a Justice League: Battle For Metropolis built in the 4D Theater's old spot in the boardwalk, as a great dark ride would make the park feel complete (and be another indoor ride for HiTP)! 2017 feels too soon for another coaster, but who knows!

As for Old Country, as much as I would love an RMC of any kind, and a dueling T-Rex would be absolutely insane, I'm not too sure an RMC is coming very soon. There will definitely be some renovations coming to that area in the next few years. Personally I would love to see a Justice League: Battle For Metropolis built in the 4D Theater's old spot in the boardwalk, as a great dark ride would make the park feel complete (and be another indoor ride for HiTP)! 2017 feels too soon for another coaster, but who knows!

For some reason I also feel that 2017 is going to be a very big year, then again I thought 2016 was going to be a big year too. Not saying I don't want total mayhem, just thought we would've gotten something else.

Hey guys I'm going to great adventure some time this year for the first time. I'll be going for 3 days. When would you guys recommend to go? What rides develop longer lines then others? Is flash lane worth it? And is there any good resturants near the park?

For some reason I also feel that 2017 is going to be a very big year, then again I thought 2016 was going to be a big year too. Not saying I don't want total mayhem, just thought we would've gotten something else.

Cool- you are in my camp! Just come out and say it- Total Mayhem is a disappointment! We are selfish and think that we deserve another game changer like El Toro and Kingda Ka were!!!!

Hey guys I'm going to great adventure some time this year for the first time. I'll be going for 3 days. When would you guys recommend to go? What rides develop longer lines then others? Is flash lane worth it? And is there any good resturants near the park?

- Go during the week, and if at all possible, while school is still in session. Monday through Thursdays, May/June.

- Kingda Ka and Superman probably generate the longest lines, with El Toro, Nitro, Batman, and Zumanjaro not too far behind. It all depends on the day, though.

- Flash Pass FTW, especially if you're not going to be back anytime soon. If you're going to be there for three full days, you may be able to do Flash Pass on one day and skip it the other two, depending on your budget and crowds.

- Honestly, no. Not within a ten-minute drive. If you are willing to drive:

- Plumstead Grill - Plumstead NJ

- Esconditos - Freehold NJ

- Several chain restaurants off of both exits 5A and 28A off of 1-195.

Oh yeah I'm absolutely talking about Holiday in the Park, though El Diablo is a fun little ride and I do like it quite a bit more than I expected to.

Edit: Wow speaking of Holiday in the Park I just now realized that every Friday in December will be an operating day in 2016! The park will be open from 4 to 10 each day according to their website.

Oh yeah I'm absolutely talking about Holiday in the Park, though El Diablo is a fun little ride and I do like it quite a bit more than I expected to.

LOL this post made me just realize I never rode El Diablo once this year! Haha! And I don't care!

3 days? Are you sure you don't want to go for one day and then maybe go to Hershey and Knoebels or something for the other two?

If you're going for more than one day Fastlane is unnecessary unless you really, really hate lines.

I agree. I couldn't imagine going to Great Adventure for three days in a row...or any other park for that matter. We stopped doing the two days in a park thing years ago, unless we do the water park one day and amusement park the other day.

LOL this post made me just realize I never rode El Diablo once this year! Haha! And I don't care!

Ditto my friend! Deservingly positioned near El Tango!