TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

While Holiday in the Park is a great diversion from the norm up here it is nowhere near the level of Smoky Mountain Christmas. The lights are good but pale in comparison to Dollywood, employees are friendlier than normal. Highlight til now has been the waffle cart.

Lines aren't too bad yet and I'm about to catch the Jack Frost show.

It was a bonus to see Total Mayhem supports in the boneyard and it looks like all footers are in place.

IMG_20151228_141827.thumb.jpg.ffac4ed659060151ea21f4d4a91b41ac.jpg

Edited by larrygator

I'd wait until night time to make a determination on the lights, personally I think they're on par with Dollywood but Dollywood has a lot more of them and they're not as concentrated. If I had to pick a favorite it would probably be Dollywood but not by much. I think the area where Dollywood blows Great Adventure away at Christmas is the shows but for what it is, Jack Frost is fun.

Well, to search for clues to future additions, we need to look at a few manufacturers with good relationships with Six Flags, look at there products, search for any markers that could help us with the product they will be delivering. And then we will be able to see what we might be getting. Possibly a Justice League?

I'd wait until night time to make a determination on the lights, personally I think they're on par with Dollywood but Dollywood has a lot more of them and they're not as concentrated. If I had to pick a favorite it would probably be Dollywood but not by much. I think the area where Dollywood blows Great Adventure away at Christmas is the shows but for what it is, Jack Frost is fun.

I ended up staying until it was dark (Although I didn't ride anything between 4PM - 5:30PM), and didn't think the lights were bad, just not as prevalent as Dollywood's The Jack Frost show did keep me entertained.

Is Flash-Pass open today?
When I passed by at 3:15 it was not open.

Maybe they are only having Flash Pass available on days they expect larger crowds. It was open on Sunday (and not the Sunday before that) although not many people were using it (I did see 1 person using Platinum). They didn't even have the available list of rides posted.

Finally making my way down to the park tomorrow. The fact that I'll be able to ride a coaster in the North East on December 30th is still mind-blowing to me, and making my anticipation for this visit reach a fever pitch. Thanks, global warming!

So who's closing out the final weekend of the season IN JANUARY!?! I will most likely be there Friday and Sunday. Anyone in agreement that even tho sunny skies are predicted that it will be pretty quiet Friday? At least in the afternoon?? I mean its New Years Day - I'm thinking many hangovers and of course in Philly its the Mummers parade. I'm thinking/hoping it should be quiet. Looks like it was deserted today. I am so itching to get some good riding in and of course that coveted Pointsettia Peak credit LOLZ. And eat a damn waffle!!!

Oh and in case you all forgot THE OFF SEASON IS LESS THAN 90 DAYS. CAN I GET AN AMEN? 90 FREAKING DAYS TIL WE RIDE THE BULL AGAIN!

They have a waffle cart over by the tree (which is usually the fountain). It's amazing. Order one of everything, and I know what you're going to think when you get there... I can add ice cream for a few extra dollars? Why would I pay extra? And it's cold... do I want ice cream? Nah that's okay I don't need the ice cream.

Stop... You don't need that kind of negativity in your life. Get the damn ice cream.

So who's closing out the final weekend of the season IN JANUARY!?! I will most likely be there Friday and Sunday. Anyone in agreement that even tho sunny skies are predicted that it will be pretty quiet Friday? At least in the afternoon?? I mean its New Years Day - I'm thinking many hangovers and of course in Philly its the Mummers parade. I'm thinking/hoping it should be quiet. Looks like it was deserted today. I am so itching to get some good riding in and of course that coveted Pointsettia Peak credit LOLZ. And eat a damn waffle!!!

Oh and in case you all forgot THE OFF SEASON IS LESS THAN 90 DAYS. CAN I GET AN AMEN? 90 FREAKING DAYS TIL WE RIDE THE BULL AGAIN!

I can't wait to ride that doggone El Toro.

They have a waffle cart over by the tree (which is usually the fountain). It's amazing. Order one of everything, and I know what you're going to think when you get there... I can add ice cream for a few extra dollars? Why would I pay extra? And it's cold... do I want ice cream? Nah that's okay I don't need the ice cream.

Stop... You don't need that kind of negativity in your life. Get the damn ice cream.

Thanks for the tip, I'm sold. And any weather is ice cream weather. I once drove through a blizzard to get a milkshake.

And any weather is ice cream weather.

You have no idea how many times I've had this internal conversation with myself. In fact, I thought those exact words at the corner store just two nights ago. #fatkidprobs

Also I recommend the Jack Frost show. It's at the Showcase Theater, and was a very enjoyable Christmas-themed magic show, that contained quite extreme stunts.

Nice little "surprise" to see this show- we enjoyed it too! My wife was confused walking towards the theater- she was like, "when did this area close!" and "wasn't this where Freefall was?"

Decided to drive down yesterday because I was in need of some roller coaster therapy and only got to go to Six Flags once during the summer.

I can't stand riding GL with a passion but I figured since no one was there might as well just go for it and immediately regretted it once the headbanging started. However before I rode, I stood in the queue walkway for a solid 10 minutes watching and listening to the train roar by. I was still in shock that it was December and not a chilly fall night. Plus I worked at Dorney all summer, so I wasn't able to hear the B&M roar at all.

Then I headed over to the other side of the park to get that valuable Poinsettia Peak credit. Of course when I got to Nitro and walked through the entrance it broke down. So I hopped on Batman and Dark Knight for a few laps and some other flat rides. Sky Screamer was pretty chilly but definitely worth it to get the birds eye view of all the lights. After about a half hour, Nitro reopened and I played musical chairs getting to re-ride 4 times until my fingers were frozen.

I wasn't going to spend any money on food but, I decided to try a waffle like everyone has mentioned and it was totally worth it! I timed it out right to watch the Tree Light show which was definitely one of a kind. Overall, it was definitely a great event and pretty cool to see the place all decorated for Christmas. I'd also like to thank the rain earlier in the day for keeping the crowd level at a minimum and helping me get 15 rides in 2 hours.

S:UF- 2x

GL- 1x

Nitro- 5x

Skull...Poinsettia Peak- 2x

Batman- 3x

DK - 2x