TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

1st time out of the gate, big thumbs up that this event appears to be working.....Freight Fest started out the same way, and look what that has turned into.

They just need to jump on Valentines Day and St Patty's and we could be year-round by the 2020's. "Bar Crawl in the Park" ... Summer Shandy will still be on tap. And the visible parts of Nitro finally get repainted...green w/ green supports. It will turn out that B&M's can actually run in sub-zero temps, but it won't matter because global warming will be spiraling out of control.

The future is bright, indeed.

I have a question for the experts out there (aka I have a question for Ryan). We're thinking of going Saturday but they're calling for 18 mph winds gusting up to the mid 20's. Combined with the forecast for the low 40's... What do you think the chances of Nitro operating are?

Knowing this park I would think they'll try to open it but based on our experience on opening weekend where it's a miracle it didn't valley and they ended up closing it for the day after maintenance thought it would be a good idea to send a train with no water dummies in it.

I only ask because the reason we're going again is that we're making a family trip this time and we've convinced my mom to go with us but Nitro is basically her favorite thing ever and I'd hate for it to be closed. Unfortunately Saturday is our only chance to go. Is that generally enough wind to be a problem? I believe it was windier opening weekend and I know the forecast may change but that's pretty damn windy.

Then again aside from that day you never really hear of Nitro closing for wind.

I have a question for the experts out there (aka I have a question for Ryan). We're thinking of going Saturday but they're calling for 18 mph winds gusting up to the mid 20's. Combined with the forecast for the low 40's... What do you think the chances of Nitro operating are?

Knowing this park I would think they'll try to open it but based on our experience on opening weekend where it's a miracle it didn't valley and they ended up closing it for the day after maintenance thought it would be a good idea to send a train with no water dummies in it.

I only ask because the reason we're going again is that we're making a family trip this time and we've convinced my mom to go with us but Nitro is basically her favorite thing ever and I'd hate for it to be closed. Unfortunately Saturday is our only chance to go. Is that generally enough wind to be a problem? I believe it was windier opening weekend and I know the forecast may change but that's pretty damn windy.

Then again aside from that day you never really hear of Nitro closing for wind.

I would expect Nitro to be open. Nitro doesn't often close for high winds and I believe th park currently has a fast set of wheels running on the ride. It may open a little late if it is super windy and chilly but I would expect it to open.

I have a question for the experts out there (aka I have a question for Ryan)

I like how you posted that and within less than a half hour there he is with a reasonably qualified answer. #nerds

For the record I've never waited longer than 5 minutes for food at Holiday in the Park. Anyone wanting to avoid lines...Panda Express is well staffed and the Waffle place was brought in and isn't run by Six Flags.

I have a question for the experts out there (aka I have a question for Ryan)

I like how you posted that and within less than a half hour there he is with a reasonably qualified answer. #nerds

Lol that's why I asked Ryan. He's cool like that.

:lmao:

I LOVE IT! And better start proofing my posts! Thanks for the mid-afternoon laugh my friend!

Its a pretty common spelling error on here, I'm not sure why. I chuckle every time someone does it. Couldn't resist the pic this time.

Choo Choo

My thoughts exactly.

Soooooooo.........

The Friday add-in didn't seem like a payoff for SFGA tonight.

Personally:

- I LOVED the no wait/front row walk on for each and every rollercoaster!

- I'm not a show person, however- I/we enjoyed the Jack Frost show!

- the lights look terrific, especially the trees wrapped in blue

I got there at 4pm today, and had a good time with the family. Curious to hear reports for this Saturday and Sunday.

If you haven't gone- I would recommend checking out this event!

Edited by strz

Last weekend was unseasonably warm, but at park close 2 weeks ago it was below freezing and they were slammed.

No, I remember. I was there with the family two weekends back, picking up our dining passes. Yes, it got colder as the night went on, but it was in the high 50s-low 60s earlier in the day. I wouldn't have called it "slammed" on the magnitude of this past weekend, either, but still significantly attended, sure.

With that being said, the high all weekend isn't forecasted to get above 45 degrees. I have to agree that I wonder if the crowds will continue to come out when temps are as low.