TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

I'm with you... I can't help but be a little nervous because of how bad Green Lantern at Magic Mountain is. It's absolutely the worst coaster I've ridden that's still in operation. It's really awful.

I'm optimistic though because Batman at SFFT seems to get nothing but overwhelmingly positive reviews.

I'm with you... I can't help but be a little nervous because of how bad Green Lantern at Magic Mountain is. It's absolutely the worst coaster I've ridden that's still in operation. It's really awful.

I'm optimistic though because Batman at SFFT seems to get nothing but overwhelmingly positive reviews.

Easy sir. There are some GL fanboys that will go above and beyond to convince you that the nut-crushing experience is a good time. I am with you though, GL @ SFMM is horrid.

Random Question: What is the GoPro chest-mount policy at SFGAdv?

My cousin will be going to HITP and asked me cause he knows I'm a "coaster geek."

Easy sir. There are some GL fanboys that will go above and beyond to convince you that the nut-crushing experience is a good time. I am with you though, GL @ SFMM is horrid.

GL is by far the worst ride at SFMM

Well it shouldn't! I wouldn't go so far as to say it was as bad as GL, but it was not a very comfortable ride. My collar bones felt it after that ride, the vests do the same thing that some of the B&M Wing Coasters do (Or at least X-Flight and Wild Eagle), where they tighten throughout the whole ride.

Gotta disagree with a vast majority of you, I liked Green Lantern. A bit uncomfortable, but a completely unique and out of control experience for me.

I'm sure this ride is going to be far better, and I hope to hit up this park and Dollywood for the first time next season. Hopefully I find El Toro to be even better than my beloved Phoenix.

Gotta disagree with a vast majority of you, I liked Green Lantern. A bit uncomfortable, but a completely unique and out of control experience for me.

I'm sure this ride is going to be far better, and I hope to hit up this park and Dollywood for the first time next season. Hopefully I find El Toro to be even better than my beloved Phoenix.

Random Question: What is the GoPro chest-mount policy at SFGAdv?

My cousin will be going to HITP and asked me cause he knows I'm a "coaster geek."

Not allowed.

Figured as much but thought I'd ask. Thank you, sir.

Weather is looking good for next weekend.....

Could someone remind me? Has next week's 5k race (Sunday am) taken place in prior season's? Or is this new for 2015? Has anyone ran the course? Debating as to run this or not.....hoping for some input.

Thank you!

Great Adventure Online just posted a bunch of pics, I guess taken over the weekend while prepping for HITP.

Looks great and I'm super stoked. Who is going this weekend??

12239513_10154487201489460_7330558598264187192_n.jpg?oh=28d909fa73d93103744adf57aaa4945e&oe=56FA3244

12246822_10154487201374460_3150169640178461380_n.jpg?oh=2d36e29ede66addfdfe33828528392e6&oe=56B175E6

12241583_10154487201714460_5030122147967658316_n.jpg?oh=729679fe566b55fa349a5c4f80b6b83f&oe=56ADE74A

12227064_10154487201949460_8696731674251599108_n.jpg?oh=a6a9e75ff1e0c0d3ac5da97df8829c94&oe=56B9C388

12250187_10154487202064460_7850654690020206970_n.jpg?oh=fb75098b0f230ffbfce0c66e160d7b77&oe=56E8B9D7

11221395_10154487202419460_7891279168367952236_n.jpg?oh=3e1f42a956c431918b210e614eb82a0b&oe=56B09422

They're really holding out on me with the Skull Mountain pics lol.

Also I think we know about most of this but this bit of text was with the photos.

New information about Holiday in the Park, beginning Sat. Nov 21st! (And photos!)

Find out more & buy tickets: https://holiday.sixflags.com/greatadventure

Signature Holiday in the Park attractions include:

· Holiday Magic: A Celebration of the Season ─ Spectacular light show on a 52-foot-tall tree in the heart of the park that dazzles nightly every 30 minutes through eye-popping effects and classic holiday music

· Jack Frost’s Magical Christmas ─ Jack Frost’s evil plot to steal Christmas is reversed by the warmth and magic of the holiday season in this live stage show filled with acrobatics, illusions and surprise guests

· Gingerbread Junction ─ Features peppermint swirl-wrapped trees, dancing lights around the carousel pavilion, the Gumdrop Hop dance party and a giant gingerbread man towering above

· Joy to the World ─ Tranquil pathway of lit trees, luminaries and stained glass showcasing religious holidays from around the world

· North Pole ─ Guests are welcomed into the warmth of Santa’s home for a meet-and-greet and holiday photos by Kodak, plus kids can write letters to Santa, meet a reindeer and build a stuffed toy

· Poinsettia Peak ─ Skull Mountain roller coaster has been transformed into a mountain of dazzling red lights with a crimson beauty, the Poinsettia Princess, greeting guests nearby

· Treetop Summit ─ Parachute Tower transforms into one of the world’s tallest light trees

· Polar Point ─ Stunning, ice-blue trees twinkle with the illusion of falling snow up above, while the towering, larger-than-life Snow Queen meets guests below

· Storytime with Mrs. Claus ─ Kids can hear one of Santa’s favorite stories in Whimsical Wonderland

· Holiday Memories ─ Green, red and gold brighten this section filled with special photo opportunities like Mistletoe Moments, Wishing Tree and With Love giant greeting card, while nearby the Jingle Jammers sing holiday tunes by the fire pits as guests toast s’mores

· Stewie the Snowman ─ Guests can pass through a jolly, three-story inflatable in Snowman City

RIDES:

Holiday in the Park also features nearly 30 thrilling rides such as SkyScreamer, Carousel, Big Wheel and Tea Cups. Children can enjoy 11 pint-sized thrills in Whimsical Wonderland. Coaster fans can challenge world-class rides like Nitro, BATMAN™: The Ride, THE GREEN LANTERN and SUPERMAN – Ultimate Flight, THE DARK KNIGHT Coaster and Poinsettia Peak. All rides and entertainment are weather permitting. Frontier Adventures including Safari Off Road Adventure, Bugs Bunny National Park and Plaza del Carnaval will not operate during the festival.

Photos provided by Six Flags Great Adventure

Speaking of beer, much like Six Flags New England they still had Summer Shandy on tap on closing weekend. If this park serves me a Summer Shandy on tap during Holiday in the Park they'll officially be my new favorite park ever.

well... favorite park not named Knoebels

Summer Shandy is what rivers and lakes in heaven consist of. It's a beautiful feeling to run into the occasional case still in stock at a random store somewhere out of season (as late as winter at times).

The lights on the Ferris Wheel look horrendous. I know it's Six Flags and they don't care about things like this but they really need an LED package like the Cedar Fair parks have been getting. At the very least they should replace some bulbs.

totally agree. its looked like crap for along time. tons of bulbs out. they really need to get with the times and go with a state of the art led lighting package, that they can do designs on for different times of the year or events.

Count me in as someone wishing for an updated LED lighting system, too. The bulbs just don't cut it anymore, even if you do go through and replace each one. Visits to Cedar Point and Morey's Piers have schooled and spoiled me.

In person, the Big Wheel actually looked nice. While my opinion differs from the majority, I personally prefer old fashioned lighting to blinding LED's lights on ferris wheels. Especially being next to the very bright Sky Screamer, I feel all the Big Wheel needs is fixing the broken bulbs as opposed to redoing the system.

Count me in as someone wishing for an updated LED lighting system, too. The bulbs just don't cut it anymore, even if you do go through and replace each one. Visits to Cedar Point and Morey's Piers have schooled and spoiled me.

Totally. Dorneys looks great now too. I dig the LEDs over the old school bulbs. Looks modern and I love that they are programmable. Moreys has had the French flag up the last few days (and was green for Veterans day last week). So cool that they keep it lit throughout most the off season.

12187783_10153265295963589_6930121595688490386_n.jpg?oh=406c8607e46b9bb0802b9c7194150088&oe=56F98513

Photo from Wildwood 365