TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

It was discussed a couple pages back about the renaming/retheming of SM. Just guessing but from the description it sounds like the queue will be themed, probably some sort of walk thru xmas light display but the actual ride will be in the dark still.

POINSETTIA PEAK Tunnel into a fully immersive world of holiday adventure on this all indoor coaster—in total darkness! The lighted beauty of the coaster will prime you for your swift adventure into dips and turns perfect for the whole family this holiday season.

Also someone was asking about Blackbeards being open, this confirms that it will be closed. Looks like the closest anyone will be able to get to ToteMay construction is the Flash Pass building.

The rethemed will be "poinsettia peak".

Ahem... I believe you meant "Poinsettia Peak Sponsored by Takis".

Face the intensity... face it.

PS: I still can't believe this is happening. The fact that they're running 6 coasters until January in New Jersey (one of which is an 80 MPH hyper coaster) is awesome. I really hope this event is successful and they keep doing this.

Edited by coasterbill

Also someone was asking about Blackbeards being open, this confirms that it will be closed. Looks like the closest anyone will be able to get to ToteMay construction is the Flash Pass building.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

NOT BLACKBEARD'S

WHYYYYYYYYY

Probably too close to construction. Looks like you still have Road Runner Railway.

The rethemed will be "poinsettia peak".

Ahem... I believe you meant "Poinsettia Peak Sponsored by Takis".

Face the intensity... face it.

I honestly thought you were joking, until I looked closer at the map PDF, and sure enough, there's that damned Takis logo. >_<

If you really want to laugh... look at this page.

The stock photos make the food look amazing but the descriptions don't match at all. It's basically a bunch of pictures of amazing holiday meals and then text that essentially says "yeah it's more crappy chicken tenders". lol

My favorite is this picture...

med_ss_HolidaySpices.jpg

Followed by this description that has NOTHING to do with the picture at all...

Share a meal with family and friends! Italian food, hot soups, salads, hot chocolate and more!

What?

Speaking of beer, much like Six Flags New England they still had Summer Shandy on tap on closing weekend. If this park serves me a Summer Shandy on tap during Holiday in the Park they'll officially be my new favorite park ever.

well... favorite park not named Knoebels

I am curious as to when they'll release the ride list for Holiday in the Park. The website has been telling us to "check back" since April. Based on the map and press release it seems like we can figure it out but an official list would be cool.

BOOM

Note: they are not advertising Batman as "Batman: The Ride Backwards", take that for what its worth.

Also, we now have a HITP "brochure" in PDF format, complete with a detailed HITP park map HERE.

Looks like there is some conflicting information on their rides list. All of the Bugs Bunny National Park rides are in the open rides list and Bugs Bunny National Park is under the closed rides list. They even have the National Park Water Tower listed as being open.

I noticed that too. They also have Safari Tours on both the Open and Closed lists.

So what are the chances you'll need a Flash Pass to see Santa? On a mild day that line is gonna wrap around to Green Lantern.

Looks like there is some conflicting information on their rides list. All of the Bugs Bunny National Park rides are in the open rides list and Bugs Bunny National Park is under the closed rides list. They even have the National Park Water Tower listed as being open.

Looks like someone noticed and they've updated it.

I wonder if after legalization takes place (Prime Minister of Canada announced he will legalize it, Supreme court of Mexico ruled that prohibition is against human rights, and 4 states and DC have legalized.. so its coming) if parks will sell infused drinks or have a 'smoking lounge'. Id imagine there is a metric-butt-ton of money to be made and they already sell alcohol. Think about how much their snack sales will go up! Six Flags will sell 4x more churros!

I have no problem with someone consuming weed at the park, but I have a problem with it on a lift hill. The same way I'd have an issue if someone was drinking a beer or using a cell phone on a lift hill. Ride safety always come first.

That's a good point. I personally don't care about its use, except when done in public. I don't want to have to be exposed to it. It smells like crap and it makes me uncomfortable. If I can smell it I'm breathing it. It's inconsiderate to everyone around you, but modern society could give two sh*ts about the consideration of old school (non YOLO) values.

If selling it/consuming it within the park can be done in a tasteful manner without being in your face, I say go for it. Just like with the alcohol, price it high enough to keep it from getting out of hand. Consider how the atmosphere of a park could change if $1 bottles were offered. Although I don't know anything about how much weed it takes for you to get high, it would have to be priced right to keep people from getting 'too high,' with strict enforcement against public use to prevent people from bringing their own. So far I feel that most parks have done a good job keeping alcohol available without letting it get out of hand. This is a plus for my wife and I, since we enjoy a few beers throughout the evening when we visit parks.

^While I agree they'd have to have policies to keep it from getting out of hand (and confine it to designated smoking areas), it's worth pointing out that weed intoxication is different from alcohol intoxication. If you're going to act stupid on weed you'd probably act stupid regardless. Weed mostly just makes you sleepier and gigglier.

Of course despite that we're still a long, long way off from weed being an accepted public activity like alcohol.

Edited by neil009

To be honest I don't think that would be so great. I find weed (not that I've ever done it or anything *cough*) raises your sensitivity level in general, textures are more distinct, things taste more, colors are more vivid, etc, but this also comes with the negative effect that harsher things like cold breezes and bumps in the road bother you a lot more. I can't imagine how weed would enhance your enjoyment of a roller coaster. Dark rides hell yes, coasters no.

Some people just love to complain. Sheesh.

Having said that - while I would have loved for an X2 type ride, or a wing rider (Cuz who knows when I will make it to ride one somewhere else), this will be a great ride to add to the park. It is completely different than anything we have already. The majority of people will love it, and hopefully it will eat some of the line to allow me to go on other rides during busy seasons.

I will want to ride this.. but I am actually a bit scared. Has anyone been on both Green Lantern in SFMM and Batman in Tx to compare the two? I was diagnosed with severe whiplash that lasted over a year after riding green lantern. I was pulled from my seat, arms and legs and head around one of the last turns. Thank goodness for restraings! So my thing is, will this be a repeat of Green Lantern? Hoping to hear some comparisons.

P.S. Scream Machine removed *for the WIN*