TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Buldikus, Great review! We were on that El Toro train with you! The two dudes in the first row of this picture. That's awesome! I heard you guys talking about how El Toro is better if you were to come back at night and I thought to myself "This guy knows his stuff" haha. Glad you had a great day!

341155502_Screenshot2015-11-02at3_57_30PM.png.df0f58fce8e61aa5d700e9f7bd961daf.png

654122168_Screenshot2015-11-02at3_57_30PM.png.c431df8119c5f11deeb0c411d2774e05.png

Buldikus, Great review! We were on that El Toro train with you! The two dudes in the first row of this picture. That's awesome! I heard you guys talking about how El Toro is better if you were to come back at night and I thought to myself "This guy knows his stuff" haha. Glad you had a great day!

Haha! Nice one. So I guess you got a free on-ride pic thanks to me! LMAO. The funny thing is, the guy working the photo booth tried to crop you out! LOL

Haha! Nice one. So I guess you got a free on-ride pic thanks to me! LMAO. The funny thing is, the guy working the photo booth tried to crop you out! LOL

Haha Yeah. Free picture! I bet he wishes he cropped us out now! haha It was awesome marathoning El Toro though. Best coaster in the park in my opinion.

Lol I didn't even realize you wee greeting. They should have had you in the station, maybe it wouldn't have been such a train wreck up there.

(Pretty sure I know the answer, but just asking in preparation for the usual uproar of "WHY DOESN'T THE PARK STAFF MORE PEOPLE?!?!?! THEY SHOULD FIND MORE PEOPLE ON THE STREETS AND FORCE THEM AT GUNPOINT TO WORK THESE RIDES!!! DANCE FOR OUR AMUSEMENT RWAR!!111!1ONE")

I kind of feel like they have the staff an they just make strange staffing decisions... For example things like Jolly Roger, Tango and Seaport were staffed and totally empty all night. Why? Put up signs telling people that those rides will close at 6 because kids really shouldn't be in the park after 6 anyway during Fright Fest and send the staff to the coasters. They had plenty of opportunities to cut back staff too... The parachutes were running 6 chutes. Why? Don't close it but run 2 at night which would make the line 5 minutes at most and send the other 2 ops somewhere else. Other parks figure this stuff out... Six Flags never does though. Again, I know it's not always that simple but you dont see other chains do this type of stuff.

And again, I'm not blaming the ops. Other than the people in Toro's station at the end of the night they were all great. Especially that Toro greeter... that guy deserves a raise lol

Straight from Great Adventure's website:

Holiday in the Park also features nearly 30 thrilling rides such as SkyScreamer, Carousel, Big Wheel, Parachutes and Tea Cups. Children can enjoy pint-sized thrills in the Adventure Seaport area. Coaster fans can challenge world-class rides like Nitro, BATMAN™: The Ride, THE GREEN LANTERN and SUPERMAN – Ultimate Flight, THE DARK KNIGHT Coaster and Skull Mountain, weather permitting.

But what I REALLY want to know is if Blackbeard will be open. If not, perhaps I won't bring the 4-year-old, lest he flip his lid when he discovers it's not running. It's his absolute favorite there.

If the map is anything to go by, I'm gonna say no.

12038345_10154397632919460_919937697934983761_n.jpg?oh=cdcd9cfec61c3da8cabedb3d021fe0a1&oe=569B28E6

Also, looks like the Flash Pass building is gonna be closed/cut off too. I'd be amazed if they weren't trying to rob people with Flash Passes.

Which years season pass will cover this?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe both 2015 and 2016. When they announced it they sold it with "free to all 2015 passholders" and I think they're using the same line with their 2016 pass advertisements. edit: Just logged into my passholder portal and my SP expires January 10, 2016. It's safe to say both 2015 and 2016.

Also, just noticed BAF for $19.99 Nov 21st - Dec 13th.

But what I REALLY want to know is if Blackbeard will be open. If not, perhaps I won't bring the 4-year-old, lest he flip his lid when he discovers it's not running. It's his absolute favorite there.

12038345_10154397632919460_919937697934983761_n.jpg?oh=cdcd9cfec61c3da8cabedb3d021fe0a1&oe=569B28E6

Also, looks like the Flash Pass building is gonna be closed/cut off too. I'd be amazed if they weren't trying to rob people with Flash Passes.

My buddy who works Flash Pass said he will be working every day and every hour of HITP, so I'm pretty sure Flash pass will be open.

Yeah, they're also currently in progress on repainting the Coney Island Cyclone over here. But why bring this up in the Great Adventure thread? Am I missing something? Are they going to do Nitro or Bizarro again? Both of those could really use a fresh coat...

Most of Bizarro looks OK, its only bad on the rails and the catwalks, you can really see the old Medusa paint in spots. We were just talking about that when riding on Sunday. Overall the supports look OK still.

And I'm conflicted about them painting Nitro. Hell yes it could use it, it just looks terrible, but the majority of the ride can't be seen from the park so why waste the money they should use to completely redesign and repave the parking lot.

Yeah, they're also currently in progress on repainting the Coney Island Cyclone over here. But why bring this up in the Great Adventure thread? Am I missing something? Are they going to do Nitro or Bizarro again? Both of those could really use a fresh coat...

Simply found it interesting, that's all! And figured others would as well....

Interesting that CP is repainting TTD "already," IMO.

And I'm conflicted about them painting Nitro. Hell yes it could use it, it just looks terrible, but the majority of the ride can't be seen from the park so why waste the money they should use to completely redesign and repave the parking lot.

Yea, I agree with this, too. I agree it needs some TLC, but I'm wondering how effective a thorough power-washing of the visible sections would be in improving the ride's appearance. A lot of the photos I see regularly cited as evidence of a paint job to me show mostly grime. Power-washing would be a more cost-effective short-term approach that would allow them to allocate funds to more pertinent projects.

Yea, I agree with this, too. I agree it needs some TLC, but I'm wondering how effective a thorough power-washing of the visible sections would be in improving the ride's appearance. A lot of the photos I see regularly cited as evidence of a paint job to me show mostly grime. Power-washing would be a more cost-effective short-term approach that would allow them to allocate funds to more pertinent projects.

Yup. I also agree. I'd rather have the money spent elsewhere.

Some more finalized info for this weekend's "extended days".... From Great Adventure Connoisseurs FB Group

Bizarro, Safari, and Skull Mountain will be closed (as I'm pretty sure most people already knew), but Zumanjaro will also be closed, as well as Batman (...FINALLY being changed to forwards again? It's time)

I'll be heading to the park Sunday and this will most likely be my last rides in for 2015 before I head to Australia in February and *hopefully* hit up Dreamworld and Movie World!

Also, 2015 Dining Passes will not be valid but 2016 Dining Passes will be. Weird.

I'll be there at opening on Saturday. Planning on parking myself in the back of El Toro most of the day. Like seriously marathoning the crap out of it. If anyone else will be there, let me know! I'll be there alone so I'd love to meet up!

@boldikus--back seat of the bull at opening? I'll be there.

^^ Also now the Batman wait will go back to its normal 5-10 minute duration.

@boldikus--back seat of the bull at opening? I'll be there.

Not sure if I'm gonna make it this weekend, if that changes I'll let you know.

Also, 2015 Dining Passes will not be valid but 2016 Dining Passes will be. Weird.

I can understand this. 2015 Dining Passes have been programmed to terminate on 11/01/15, the original end of season (this has always been the advertised date - they were never advertised to work for HITP). I imagine that trying to extend them to this extra week would require readjusting each specific account, something that just isn't reasonable. The 2016 Dining Pass didn't have a scheduled start date - it began working once you completed processing.