TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Look what has appeared behind Batman.

11138092_10206557310083637_3904762257644520167_n.jpg?oh=31de0fc308deadc39026af29705e05d9&oe=56BE8EE1

photo from the Six Flags Great Adventure Connoisseurs FB Group

Interesting. The supports weren't gray in the rendering were they? Maybe this means we will actually see vertical construction soon?

I'm interested in the support color difference. That seems like kind of a big deal. If this Joker thing is true and the ride ends up having a different name or colors scheme, that would be two attractions in a row to open under a different name than what they were originally announced as (i.e. "Looping Dragon").

If we got stuck with the name Total Mayham, and then they STILL make it a superhero/villian theme, Im going to put my head through a wall.

Somebody needs to tell them that it is time to stop.

It's all part of squeezing every last dime out of that intellectual property. I really like the name Total Mayhem on its own for various reasons, but associating it with anything DC would totally kill it for me.

We visited the park yesterday for what's probably our last visit until Holiday in the Park. Crowd-Wise it was a strange day but we ended up having a ton of fun.

We got to the park around noon and were greeted with a completely idiotic parking situation. Instead of parking people near the park, they decided to leave the entire right side of the parking lot empty and instead forced 2 lanes of traffic to turn in front of the preferred parking people, causing massive backups for no reason and resulting in us parking in front of the Kingda Ka station while the spots right near the gate (in the general lot) were wide open. They've never done that before and the good spots were left empty all night which isn't a huge deal but is still the type of asinine thing that you'd only expect from Six Flags.

Anyway once we got in to the park we headed over to Nitro. When we got there we were really surprised to see a station wait so we managed to get a ride in the last row immediately. Next we headed over to Skull Mountain which was also a walk on so we walked right on to the back row. As always it was a great ride. At this point we were already pretty surprised because even though we didn't expect the park to be packed yet we never expected walk ons on the last Saturday of Fright Fest 90 minutes into the day.

The most surprising thing was when we took the Skyway over to Safari Off Road Adventure and found it to be a complete walk on. I've never seen that, seriously...never. Anyway the safari was great as always and when we got back we noticed that the line was still only about 10 minutes for Safari at about 3PM. We headed to Bizarro and walked right on to the back row and were feeling great about things. Almost immediately though, the crowd levels just seemed to surge.

We decided that since we haven't ridden El Diablo yet this season and there was nobody in the park we should try it out. The line was actually pretty significant which surprised us but we waited about 30 minutes and actually found it to be really enjoyable. We were surprised but we actually really liked it, it was a cool experience and one that's pretty unique to that park.

When we got there in the morning El Toro was down with people walking the track but by this time it had opened up so we headed over. Only the first set of switchbacks were full but the crew was crawling so that took 40 minutes. We sort of expected that though since extra layers of clothes bring operations on El Toro to a standstill because the lap bars never want to verify. I really wish they'd staff this ride properly on busy days but there's basically no chance of that ever happening.

The ride itself was great and afterwards we grabbed a bite to eat at Macho Nacho (and a Summer Shandy... what the hell Six Flags? You're awesome for still having this at SFNE and SFGADV) and then took a quick ride on Runaway Mine Train before we decided to brave the crowds which we really didn't expect at that point because they arrived so late. We headed over to Golden Kingdom and were "shocked" to see that our Intamin problem child of a coaster was down so we headed over to Zumanjaro and about an hour later we were in our seats. They informed us that "If we were scared, we should be because there's no turning back now" and right on cue we had to turn back because it broke down.

Because of the ridiculous situation with this ride and Kingda Ka, Zumanjaro's breakdown took Kingda Ka down too because the retractable roofs were open so on a completely packed day neither ride could run until Zumanjaro was fixed even though by that point there was nothing wrong with Kingda Ka. Once maintenance finally showed up they lowered the roofs so at least Kingda Ka could run and then a little while later got Zumanjaro open so we could ride it. As always it was a great ride, that was our first time riding at night and it was great to see the park from that angle with the fright fest fog hovering over everything. The drop was awesome as always... not overly extreme right away like Demon Drop, Stratosfear or Falcons Fury... the cool part of this ride is when you get near the bottom of the tower and seems like you're going to fall forever because of how ridiculously tall it is.

After Zumanjaro we decided to ride Kingda Ka which had a full set of switchbacks and ended up being about a 90 minute wait (for the front). Front row at night, obviously the ride was breathtaking. I know this ride has it's critics but I can't quit Kingda Ka. It's just so ridiculously insane that no matter how many times I ride it I can never get over how awesome it is. That insane burst of speed on the launch is just flat out ridiculous.

After Kingda Ka we headed over to the boardwalk and thought about riding Superman but wanted to check out the line first... what better way to do that than with a ride on the Parachute Tower? The chutes were a walk on and from the top we realized that there was no way we were riding Superman but we had a great ride on the parachutes and (again) loved that view of the fog covered park.

Next we headed over to Nitro and Skull Mountain which were both great rides and while there were lines for both it was obvious the crowds were slowly quieting down. When we got off Skull Mountain we only had an hour before closing and while we had intended to take the Skyway we saw that they had taken one cable down so it was about a 20 minute wait and it wasn't worth it with so little time left in the season for El Toro rides so we opted to walk instead...

I'm just kidding. There was no way I was letting a 20 minute wait stop us from getting in one last Skyway ride. So we waited the 20 minutes and then when we got off we had planned on heading for Bizarro and then El Toro but noticed a completely empty Runaway Mine Train station and for some dumb reason decided we couldn't pass up the opportunity to have our very own private, VIP train tour of the glorious New Jersey swamp-lands so... choo choo b*tches!

Next we headed over to Bizarro where we saw that despite the mostly empty trains they were still triple stacking in ridiculous fashion but we got our back seat ride. Next we headed to El Toro for one last ride (we got there at 11:50). The greeter said "Just the 2 of you?" and we said yes... so he informed us that that was great because we would be the last 2.

I guess this means Great Adventure is back to their old practice of cutting lines off early and not telling anyone. Do they seriously think the 10 minutes they're saving themselves is worth the disappointed guests they're going to get by doing that? I can't stand this practice because the 20 MINUTE DIFFERENCE between Cedar Point's policy of a 10 minute grace period and this awful policy makes a much bigger impact on a guest's day than it could possibly make on their bottom line.

Luckily we got in line and when we got into the station we were greeted with a bottleneck of people waiting for the front so we got past and were happy to find that despite the fact that they wouldn't send many more trains and despite the fact that they cut the line off early we'd still be able to ride in the second to last row. The op told everyone that they would only be sending a limited number of trains and everyone waiting for the front would need to go to another row so if there were more than 2 people in front of you you needed to pick another row (obviously this is a standard practice). At this point the entire back of the train was basically empty and we were next.

People dispersed and filled in all but one row up near the front. At that point the ops tried to get someone waiting for the front to fill it in (there were about 30 people waiting for the front and we were the only people anywhere else) and they wouldn't listen so one of the ops pointed to us and pointed to the seat near the front because since nobody waiting for the front was listening they figured they would be lazy and make us sit there even though we were following the rules and that was completely stupid. I always listen to what the ops say but there was no way that was happening since they were sending 2 more trains, we were next in line for our row, the op on the board had just said that "if you were next in line for your row you could ride but everyone else needed to move" and they had now spent 5 minutes trying to fill 2 seats because (as they announced through the microphone) they "wanted to go home" when if they would have just dispatched it they would probably be done already. We just ignored him and chose to listen to the op on the mic who was saying something totally different (something that actually made sense) since it worked for everyone else and it worked for us too because their laziness prevailed in the end and they just let it go empty. Finally for the next train they made everyone waiting for the front do what they had been telling them to do and filled the train and we got our last ride.

So overall we had a great day. There were the usual crappy policies and crappy ride ops (in some cases though hats off to the Nitro Crew and El Diablo crew for being fun and awesome) but the rides always more than make up for that. We can't wait to go back in a few weeks for Holiday in the Park!

The closing rides early seems to be worse when the park closes at midnight. Last year I was there and all the rides shut their lines at 11:30 even with no waits. I saw people complaining to a security guard at the closed Kingda Ka entrance that the park was supposed to be open until 12:00 and a security guard said "The park is open until 12, the rides aren't." If they are going to close rides early, they should post it ahead of time like Dorney used to on their website when the rides closed at 11 but the park and Haunt attractions were open until 12 (I think they stopped closing the rides early).

It would make sense that they wrapped the supports if they aren't planning on actually building for a while yet. Especially if the snow ( ) could be coming soon.

I'm personally surprised that parts have shown up this early. I thought that they would wait until the week before opening day to start building anything .

Im at the park today and we couldn't have picked a nicer night! We walked on Nitro, Skully, and Zoomie. Short lines (under 30min) for Kingda Ka, El Toro, Namtab, and Superman. Crowds seem pretty light!

I noticed that the terror trail wristband is now $25 for all of the trails. To rich for my blood. No option to buy tickets individually. The trails looked great, but I did not get a chance to enter.

Certainly a good end to the regular operating season

I was also there for a bit yesterday and the crowds were light and totally manageable, but we didn't stay all day. I guess between Halloween party hangovers and a chilly, overcast morning it kept things quiet. What was originally going to be just me and my bro-in-law Tom turned into my sister and 2 yr old nephew joining us so it turned out to be a little more low key with a bunch of kiddie rides mixed in with our favorites. We arrived early, around 10:20, and joined the season pass line - I'd say there were maybe 10-12 people in front of us. At 10:40, they started to open our line and then just opened all of them. No rope drop or anything, just let everyone right in 20 minutes early. I'm not complaining, there weren't very many people waiting.

We headed toward El Toro of course and as we walked up to the station the first train of the day was dispatching. I rode first with my sister while Tom hung back with my nephew, and when we got up into the station there was 3 people waiting for the front, with every other row empty. So where did we go? Dumb question. It was chilly and the first ride was slow but still amazing, with my sister chanting "I'm not ready for this" as we ascended the lift. When we pulled back into the station she said "OK let's go swap out with Tom and you can ride again", to which I replied "Just go tell him to come and meet me, I'm riding again, I'll be back by the time he gets up here" and off onto lap number 2 I went. By the time I finished he had just gotten into the station and he hopped in and joined me for my 3rd lap. After, the station was still empty but now someone else was lined up for the magic seat so we just jumped back to the last row and rode again. I absolutely love Sunday mornings where the ride is empty and you can re-ride for an eternity.

With my sister waiting for us w/ my nephew at the exit we knew we couldn't keep at this all day so sadly out of the train we climbed and grabbed the on-ride of our (possibly) last ride of the year. My nephew was getting ants in his pants so we took him into Bugs Bunny National Park where he rode just about everything, most of which I didn't even know was back here. He loved the Daffy's Hot Air Balloons and the mini-Himalaya ride, Canyon Blaster. While Tom rode a bunch of stuff with him, my sister and I ventured off for a bit to ride Bizarro since it won't be open after this weekend and on our way I realized I haven't ridden Runaway Mine Train all season so we checked the line and there was none, we walked right onto row 2. Always a good ride, a true classic I hope this park never gets rid of. Crazy airtime on the hill over the lake.

Off to Bizarro and we were able to walk right up the steps and right onto row 7. I love this ride so much, and think its extremely underrated. Its so forceful in the front or back of the train and the zero-G is one of my favorite elements in the park. Only effects working were the fireballs but whatever - the effects are really only great at night. They were of course running 3 trains even though the park was fairly dead and stacking like only the Bizarro crew knows how to. After we were finally released from Bizarros grip we met back up w/ Tom and had a seat in front of the lake across from Toro and just enjoyed the weather and the park itself. It is so beautiful this time of year with the leaves changing. I kinda went nuts and took a ton of pictures because of that. We shared a jumbo pretzel w/ cheese which was super salty but delicious.

We wanted to take my nephew on the Skyway and over to Safari Kids but just as we decided to do that they came over the loudspeaker and said it was closed for high winds. Boooo. So we walked over which was cool because we spotted a ton of trees and buildings covered in lights for Holiday in the Park as we walked through Fantasy Forest and Adventure Alley. We stopped in Safari Kids and again, my nephew rode just about everything, including Road Runner Railway, twice, which seems to be his favorite ride in the park. Unfortunately one of these times he wanted to ride with me, and jesus that thing is brutal. The last little dip during the turn before the brakes is insane and just about broke my back. Meanwhile my nephew is chanting "more! more!"

While we were over there we admired Skull Mountains running waterfall and Tom and I were able to pop over to Nitro which was another walk on for row 7. Very noticeable drag on the train from the high winds which we suddenly noticed as we ascended the lift. We spotted the ToteMay supports from the lift, as well as the boats from Congo Rapids, which was all emptied out (as was Sawmill LF). Our train on Nitro had a tiny rattle that was noticeable but was still a great ride. No wait when we returned so we went out for 2nd verse, same as the first.

Here comes the problem with taking a 2 year old to the park: nap time. He'd gone from ride warrior to cranky cry baby in a flash, so we decided to end the day on a high note, but Tom was determined to do Zumanjaro since we might not be able to ride it til next year. Earlier in the day we hadn't seen it run at all with people - we did spot it testing a few times empty. We headed back towards main street and Tom sorta ran up ahead. As we neared the fountain we got a text he was already in Golden Kingdom and it was running, so we made our way over to a line of about 10 people and got on the next drop, then ran around for a similar wait to do it again. Such a great view of all the fall foliage all around us.

We didn't go crazy riding but still managed to have a great time and it's fun to see the park through my nephews eyes. This was his 2nd visit and he seems to love it and love rides. I was a beaming proud uncle when we got in the car to leave and asked what his favorite ride was and he responded with perfect pronunciation "the roller coaster". This is probably my last visit until Holiday in the Park but there is a small chance we might go back next weekend. If not, we ended the regular season on a high note.

Count:

El Toro 4x

Bizarro 1x

Runaway Mine Train 1x

Road Runner Railway 1x

Nitro 2x

Zumanjaro 2x

01.JPG.b36fba3a45314ecaa82fa10d52504c28.JPG

To get to the park I have to take two trains and a short drive after I meet up w/ the fam. This is the first set of rails I'll ride today.

03.JPG.5c6a98dbfd5319564cd66ae4ba221cca.JPG

Just before my train came, this pulled in. And you guys thought Six Flags were bad w/ the train wraps...

12.JPG.be123ae6eb2eda442a657e875c7bb3a4.JPG

Good morning.

13.JPG.9c7ce97af623b16f0695c4a9ef4fba93.JPG

Errr... not really.

14.JPG.87dd099f2e7024dfef77734ba6ba5d82.JPG

Toro's open? Ok, moving on.

15.JPG.18f0fd7b672c1d827d8e99a8e44c1d4a.JPG

To be fair we were early but it was QUIET.

16.JPG.80e8fff346c0e4ae5396a3b6afd916e8.JPG

Thanks Great Adventure!

17.JPG.b6b222feffd36356f49003c9f4950732.JPG

The Fright Fest decorations have taken a beating by now but overall the park still looks great.

18.JPG.29a7b756ddec5c091a1ad5efbaa89d22.JPG

The changing leaves are amazing.

19.JPG.467caf29747f51800213a395540134a9.JPG

20.JPG.0134a9b0e0f8317d6b854c868074703e.JPG

I *LOVE* the Bloody Fountain this year. Pumpkinhead makes it looks so great!

21.JPG.27be660dce7053cf63d9dbd453dabbc0.JPG

22.JPG.981ea8f9f371021dd5c9364c2ee5af0a.JPG

23.JPG.488e59f66bb74a36d9385caa09826088.JPG

24.JPG.c9f7d9c9c988f0a5dc5f1102586c6934.JPG

Off to Plaza Del Carnival we go

25.JPG.59c120e6aea625cae14caa60629b5c24.JPG

26.JPG.5df19aaf1375610636819b5775152dce.JPG

27.JPG.f4fe32e4c810f11f4a94a6fabfbd9b25.JPG

Kids Trick-or-treat trail

28.JPG.25c6709953f4e153a3efa62f730a6722.JPG

29.JPG.48c07c2fbd215adf6430cf8ccd134c54.JPG

30.JPG.662c44d37d9dcdf67671b786cfbf3e28.JPG

Shhhhhhhh

31.JPG.809c82b4f7113a9737f72de898f46a64.JPG

Not even testing yet.

32.JPG.9e2790e90e73c88eb2e1d3126ea7e5e8.JPG

Yes!

33.JPG.71a4916a2aa24c73fb61e2b53974b90e.JPG

I love that when you exit you can see the next train dropping. I could stand here all day.

34.JPG.61d0878395d76fc579825f6beb2be847.JPG

As slow as it was running you still get absolutely ripped over this thing.

36.JPG.a4b784a79ca3e4af151ca341288d1323.JPG

Ominous.

37.JPG.ea2c8ebe6bd203f55777bd8bbb97dfd7.JPG

Amazing how many little rides they cram into these kiddie areas.

38.JPG.7691cbacdd044753d53c9ad5d06bdba0.JPG

And most times to me its like they are not even there

39.JPG.4ff2d7e7a31726cb8dd0cb24476efc2b.JPG

Sup guys?

40.JPG.4f72634668d4f58534c29e59581d1c50.JPG

Quiet on the lakefront, but won't be next year.

41.JPG.717ab7ed94de6852781640b1e14752c1.JPG

Someone is out there fishing.

42.JPG.afec73aa2998c57abae37188755f786a.JPG

Beautiful park, - lockers and all. ;)

43.JPG.5a48c7193389023622beb2085e385d4c.JPG

Yeah I know, you've seen this shot a million times. Now you are seeing it again.

45.JPG.0e460a3994d133623142b91bd0d8a3ad.JPG

Themeing

46.JPG.4a9b4ba617b6952782c9221b0ec1341e.JPG

Don't think you are getting any drinks today.

47.JPG.9317f69c80f682a0d2393419893ee313.JPG

48.JPG.77190904a51e90b0622974f95f012e6d.JPG

My nephew loves the M&Ms guys, and loves to point them out all over the park.

49.JPG.05b1892171e5b94b69aaa99fdaf5d5a9.JPG

OK

50.JPG.b06c266db849cfcba2af626470a7b5d9.JPG

I feel bad for the person who has to go around and take all these cobwebs down, they are everywhere!

51.JPG.2aafceac07a73b57f3e11edb2f406ef5.JPG

Bizarro would be hugely popular if it wasn't in a dead end of the park.

52.JPG.0ae8eb932f86e712ba20ed2872691bb6.JPG

Get twisted

53.JPG.8e2cd51bfa42fa35ff0955784d6763c4.JPG

54.JPG.24207e3617474b451d7989a3201642b6.JPG

Til next year, Sawmill.

55.JPG.6ee75b452d18f9cae3bc67e95ae8abec.JPG

56.JPG.779fd0573ec28244452dca79eff48eef.JPG

Nephew loved watching Sky Screamer.

57.JPG.133d7d0b844c7ca6874a0cef5baf12dc.JPG

It is coming...

58.JPG.057b1316e26fafb1d2d0c867f6ed8115.JPG

We started to notice tons of lights already strung on all the trees over here

60.JPG.52906ea9bf4bfd61b125b0aeb865b084.JPG

Need a chiropractor? You will.

61.JPG.c7042de94dbeaeb10ce531609f2d9ecd.JPG

Yes, I took this picture, and like an idiot didn't take any of the ToteMay supports

62.JPG.10099acdcb5a90021a2f725f931296c8.JPG

This is what I like to see!

63.JPG.5c1f69519094b671ec9804f95a186f2c.JPG

*Mortal Combat theme*

59.JPG.1c4b7579847ca4fe87cc26530dd8897d.JPG

See?

35.jpg.6e3cef86c4a29ecd05d8acf1640cf5f7.jpg

Last row, last ride of the year. The turnaround is getting bad on these wheel seats - otherwise smooth as silk.

64.JPG.c077bd86ea86faea89c7d33c87c3639e.JPG

Super windy and slow but still fun.

65.JPG.7514e3c3e4ae0aa5b63c4ebeb601de02.JPG

Foliage

66.JPG.3ec15cc8a4202a0e86df8bf988fdcbb1.JPG

The waterfall!!! Also the sun came out!

67.JPG.0c1d100b78d2062266b2448c29c23a37.JPG

We didn't ride, 15 minute wait (according to the wait times on the app). I'm saving all my Skull worshipping for HITP.

68.JPG.6db672baaa6995ac80bfd9178954dcd3.JPG

69.JPG.98c1f79e5e1e12b3e26424efb9fd4364.JPG

While Skyway was closed due to winds early in the day, it opened before we left. We never got a ride.

70.JPG.0937ece0af4f7638fc84a9c270d5dfcd.JPG

I took these for Billy. ;)

71.JPG.b1a4cfb5d9cd0113ab8a260000600604.JPG

Fun fun fun

72.JPG.7155e2c2470bbb1ff9bcbbe2f1c4731d.JPG

One of the great things about Zum are the views of Toro from back here

73.JPG.efa27aceb91e5b8bbf988201c958ebb1.JPG

I think the ridiculously long path keeps people from riding.

74.JPG.b5d918ba972777592c5d3f3c1a3367ce.JPG

I love it now that everything is growing in.

75.JPG.f36844a7c5a1c4835b94240a362a33ac.JPG

I have no problem walking back here for Zum - its such a great ride.

76.JPG.0784f8f04462eaaf21ab5139d67c6190.JPG

All in all a good day. In and out in 3 hours, rode everything we wanted to more than once.

77.JPG.d63927541a22e738341c267c3a2affa3.JPG

Love days like this!

Love days like this!

Hey, thanks for posting a picture of my car!

Needless to say, I also was over there yesterday for a short period of time. Even though I was out by 2:30, I got a helluva lot of riding in thanks to the extremely light crowds.

I was over in the Discover card line, and as soon as they let us in, I headed over towards Ka just to check... and, of course, it wasn't ready yet because they were still doing testing on Zumanjaro. No biggie. Even though I'm not a fan of the two B&M gimmick coasters, I headed back towards them to give them one more mercy try before the end of the season. Hopped on Superman: Ultimate Flight first and got the last row. Still bored by it, though that pretzel loop gave some serious G-forces in the back. I think I'm fine with riding this one only once or twice per season.

Next, bounced right over to Green Lantern. Yep. Still uncomfortable as hell for me, and the shaking and rattling seemed to be even worse than the last time I rode it. Glad I got it out of the way early, but you know, I don't think I'll be riding this one again unless they convert it from a standup to something else. It's just not fun for me in the slightest.

By this time, I noticed a few test trains being sent up Ka, so I jammed my way over there to find a mostly empty station and a walk-on to the second last row (yay single riders!). Definitely some shaking happening in the back, but as I was disembarking, I saw there was still no line, and it wasn't even 11:45 at this point, so I said to hell with it and jumped back in line, this time for the front seat (which I hadn't done yet). Usually the wait for the front is so off-putting I don't even bother, but in this case, I'm glad I waited the six trains to get it, because WOW, what an amazing rush being in the front is! Especially when you're hanging up at the top facing straight down for what feels like an eternity while the rest of the train makes its way over. I never want to ride any other seat on Ka ever again.

From Ka, I bounced my way around over to El Toro and once again found a mostly empty station! Did two laps on El Toro and it's just as great as I remember. I'm seriously hoping my son makes it up to 48" by next summer so he can share in the revelatory joy of El Toro.

Next on my must ride list was Bizarro. I'm in the same boat as Boldy because I absolutely love this ride, but then again, I love B&M floorless coasters in general. Definitely one of my favorites though. My first ride through I only got the flame effects, but since the station was empty by the time our stacked train made it back, I didn't even bother unbuckling... and to my surprise, the mist was on during the second ride! It's NEVER been on for me, so that was a pleasant surprise (even though it was overcast and windy).

My plan from there was to hop the Skyway over to the other side of the park and hit up Namtab one last time. Two major issues hampered this from taking effect. One, the Skyway was temporarily out of commission, so instead I hoofed it over like a chump. Two, when I get to Batman's queue I see people in the courtyard, and ask the gate attendant how long the line is... "Oh, about 45, 60 minutes". Having walked on previously I didn't much feel like spending another hour in line to ride it again, and that train might still be around for HiTP anyway, so I said to heck with it and swung over to Nitro instead.

RIGHT MOVE. My first ever walk-on to Nitro. I could hardly believe my eyes! Grabbed the last row far left on Train B, and yeah... although it was definitely more sluggish yesterday than usual, that just helped with the floater airtime, especially since the lap restraint left me ample wiggle room. I managed four re-rides in the last row before the station had enough people in it to force me to move. Unbelievable. Four in a row was a fantastic experience and I hope to be able to repeat it or top that during HiTP.

Checked the wait time for Namtab while I was exiting Nitro, saw "55 minutes", and crossed it off the list. Not today, guys, not today. Decided to head back towards Bizarro and get one more in on that, but as I was walking back, I passed by Skull Mountain. And, okay, fine, I bought into the unyielding hype that you cultsters have been pushing at every opportunity. I got in there, got the last row, and... was thoroughly underwhelmed once again. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. Well, at least the kiddo will love it when he gets big enough to ride, I'm sure.

One last Bizarro ride, then a walk back to the car, and I was back in Queens before 5 PM amazingly enough. Good sanity day for me for sure.

PS, Boldikus, did you happen to see this artist's rendering on the Santa shack?

IMG_0577.thumb.jpg.670230ea5584e48373423c00d6dc893f.jpg

Skull Mountain is to become Poinsettia Peak!

Love days like this!

Hey, thanks for posting a picture of my car!

LOL too funny. I took that from next to the car as we were leaving so we parked literally right behind you. Small world!

but as I was walking back, I passed by Skull Mountain. And, okay, fine, I bought into the unyielding hype that you cultsters have been pushing at every opportunity. I got in there, got the last row, and... was thoroughly underwhelmed once again. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. Well, at least the kiddo will love it when he gets big enough to ride, I'm sure.

Sounds like the Mountain rejected you. There's always next time.

PS, Boldikus, did you happen to see this artist's rendering on the Santa shack?

[attachment=0]IMG_0577.jpg[/attachment]

YES!!! Mucho excitement!!

I was there for about two hours yesterday (2:30PM - 4:30PM). My aunt and 8-year-old cousin hadn't processed their passes yet, so my brother and I tagged along with them. We didn't do much - just the Tea Cups, Parachutes, and Carousel. My cousin wanted to play a couple games on the Boardwalk, so we threw some rings at bottles and raced on Top Glo 2 (I won!). We had family waiting back at my mother's house, so we left shortly thereafter.

Fun times. I might take off of work on Friday and head up to get some actual coaster riding in on the bonus days!

Next we headed over to Bizarro where we saw that despite the mostly empty trains they were still triple stacking in ridiculous fashion but we got our back seat ride. Next we headed to El Toro for one last ride (we got there at 11:50). The greeter said "Just the 2 of you?" and we said yes... so he informed us that that was great because we would be the last 2.

I guess this means Great Adventure is back to their old practice of cutting lines off early and not telling anyone. Do they seriously think the 10 minutes they're saving themselves is worth the disappointed guests they're going to get by doing that? I can't stand this practice because the 20 MINUTE DIFFERENCE between Cedar Point's policy of a 10 minute grace period and this awful policy makes a much bigger impact on a guest's day than it could possibly make on their bottom line.

Luckily we got in line and when we got into the station we were greeted with a bottleneck of people waiting for the front so we got past and were happy to find that despite the fact that they wouldn't send many more trains and despite the fact that they cut the line off early we'd still be able to ride in the second to last row. The op told everyone that they would only be sending a limited number of trains and everyone waiting for the front would need to go to another row so if there were more than 2 people in front of you you needed to pick another row (obviously this is a standard practice). At this point the entire back of the train was basically empty and we were next.

People dispersed and filled in all but one row up near the front. At that point the ops tried to get someone waiting for the front to fill it in (there were about 30 people waiting for the front and we were the only people anywhere else) and they wouldn't listen so one of the ops pointed to us and pointed to the seat near the front because since nobody waiting for the front was listening they figured they would be lazy and make us sit there even though we were following the rules and that was completely stupid. I always listen to what the ops say but there was no way that was happening since they were sending 2 more trains, we were next in line for our row, the op on the board had just said that "if you were next in line for your row you could ride but everyone else needed to move" and they had now spent 5 minutes trying to fill 2 seats because (as they announced through the microphone) they "wanted to go home" when if they would have just dispatched it they would probably be done already. We just ignored him and chose to listen to the op on the mic who was saying something totally different (something that actually made sense) since it worked for everyone else and it worked for us too because their laziness prevailed in the end and they just let it go empty. Finally for the next train they made everyone waiting for the front do what they had been telling them to do and filled the train and we got our last ride.

Hey, that was me at Toro's entrance! haha I remember you guys being the last two of the night. Sorry if the situation in the station after was hectic. Things usually aren't that bad because the front row usually does listen and disperses to other rows when we ask them to.

And yeah, closing the ride's about 10 minutes early is very normal during fright fest even if there aren't long lines. From a worker's perspective, being at the park from 10 AM dealing with countless numbers of rude guests and lots of other things can be very very aggravating and draining. It becomes important that we go home too, because if it's a Friday or Saturday night especially, most of us we'll have to be back at the park at 10 AM again to repeat. Trust me, we want to give you guys the best time possible but sometimes, there's only so much we can do. haha

Ryan, I'm assuming that the long hours are a result of a lack of available staff to help split shifts more reasonably and not the park purposefully understaffing and scheduling you guys for 12, 13, even 14-hour shifts, right?

(Pretty sure I know the answer, but just asking in preparation for the usual uproar of "WHY DOESN'T THE PARK STAFF MORE PEOPLE?!?!?! THEY SHOULD FIND MORE PEOPLE ON THE STREETS AND FORCE THEM AT GUNPOINT TO WORK THESE RIDES!!! DANCE FOR OUR AMUSEMENT RWAR!!111!1ONE")