TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

^ Honestly even with a terrible crew a 3 train floorless coaster would have to work really hard not to hit a million riders. It's up-time has to be near 100% and it could theoretically put through a ton of trains.

The Superman numbers are impressive though, I wouldn't expect that from a 2 train flyer in a Six Flags park where it's generally not going to be properly staffed.

Hey Ryan, can I dork out for a minute? Any idea what the Skyway numbers are? I would think it would have to be over a million... Cedar Point always is and I'm curious how the Great Adventure numbers stack up. On one hand, Cedar Point sends out cabins at a much faster clip and has people at catch, unload load and trip as opposed to one person for catch and unload and one person at load and trip and that ride doesn't need to be tripped manually. On the other hand Great Adventure has 2 cables and goes down for weather much less often so I've always been curious to know how they compared.

^ Honestly even with a terrible crew a 3 train floorless coaster would have to work really hard not to hit a million riders. It's up-time has to be near 100% and it could theoretically put through a ton of trains.

The Superman numbers are impressive though, I wouldn't expect that from a 2 train flyer in a Six Flags park where it's generally not going to be properly staffed.

Hey Ryan, can I dork out for a minute? Any idea what the Skyway numbers are? I would think it would have to be over a million... Cedar Point always is and I'm curious how the Great Adventure numbers stack up. On one hand, Cedar Point sends out cabins at a much faster clip and has people at catch, unload load and trip as opposed to one person for catch and unload and one person at load and trip and that ride doesn't need to be tripped manually. On the other hand Great Adventure has 2 cables and goes down for weather much less often so I've always been curious to know how they compared.

I think Bizarro averages around 750-820 riders per hour and yeah, by running all year with lots of uptime the numbers add up. But bizarro doesn't always hit a million. Some years, they're worse than others. And yeah, the superman crew this year was on point. I know over the summer, they were staffed well (3 or 4 people on the train) and were rolling trains and pulling in 900s or 1000s for the hour.

And nerd out all you want. Haha The skyway hasn't hit a million this year or nor did it last year. I don't believe we run ours at as high a capacity as Cedar Point. Although it can have the highest potential capacity in the park if both sides are running and it's fully staffed. I know in 2013 it gave out over a million when both sides were consistently running. This hasn't been the case this year or last year.

Some more fun facts, technically Kingda Ka pulled in the best numbers when compared to its target throughput for this year (which is rather low now due to Zumanjaro but I was shocked when I found out.) And we typically give out 9,000 to 10,000 riders a day on El Toro on a regular operating day.

I've seen this discussed briefly when HitP was first announced, but what do you think the likelihood is of them running anything other than B&M coasters during Holiday in the Park? As much as it pains me, I'm guessing to not expect El Toro to run, unless it would be an unseasonably warm day?

I haven't been/ am not able to go to Great Adventure at all this year, which is a first in many years

It sounds like Golden Kingdom and everything past the boardwalk will be closed, which is totally reasonable as far as I'm concerned. I highly doubt any coasters not in the boardwalk, lakefront or Movie Town will run and again... That's fine by me. I'm thrilled to be able to ride Nitro, Skull Mountain, Superman, Dark Knight and Batman in the winter.

This map for HITP was posted about a month ago. Its not super easy to see but you can see (as ^ Coasterbill said) Golden Kingdom, Plaza Del Carnival, Frontier Adventures will all be closed. This is exactly why I am hoping to get up to ride Toro, Zum and Bizarro this coming weekend. Also it'll be interesting to see what they do in Old Country.

12038345_10154397632919460_919937697934983761_n.jpg?oh=cdcd9cfec61c3da8cabedb3d021fe0a1&oe=569B28E6

This sorta random but shouts out to the Superman crew! They hit a million riders this year for the first time since the ride opened in 2003. Bizarro recently hit a million as well.

I'd be curious to know Nitros numbers this year for comparison.

Also how many of that million on Bizarro were during Fright Fest (I know you prob don't know this Ryan just sorta wondering out loud).

I think Nitro hit one million in early August. They're probably around like 1.4 or 1.5 million riders now if I had to guess. I haven't checked the stats in a few weeks. Bizarro actually hit one million earlier in October so they might hit around 1.1 million for the year. Maybe slightly more or less tho depending on how they're doing hourly.

Well this was a surprise. In a passholder email I just got from the park:

Bring a Friend for $9.99 Nov 6-8

Pass Holders and Members can bring a friend to Great Adventure for just $9.99 on November 6, 7 or 8!

Special Bonus Days for Six Flags Great Adventure Season Pass Holders and Members! Six Flags Great Adventure will now be open Friday, November 6; Saturday, November 7 and Sunday, November 8. On these special "Pass Holder Celebration Days" Great Adventure Pass Holders can bring a friend to the park for just $9.99 (85% off the regular price).

Redemption Instructions: No Coupon Required! Present your valid 2015 or 2016 Six Flags Great Adventure Season Pass or Membership at the ticket booth on EITHER November 6, 7 or 8 to purchase one general admission ticket for $9.99 plus tax. One discounted admission allowed per Season Pass or Membership Holder. Not valid with any other discount. Ticket obtained with this offer is only good on the date of purchase and cannot be sold. Admission is valid only at Six Flags Great Adventure.

Deadline Extended to Pick Up Your 2016 Pass

If you haven't stopped by the park to pick up your 2016 Season Passes you now have until Sunday, November 8. You must pick up your pass ID at the park by Sunday, November 8 to receive your free upgrade to Gold and free parking for the 2016 season. If you've already picked up your 2016 Season Pass please disregard this reminder.

Fright Fest Ends Sunday, November 1

If you haven't visited Fright Fest you have just one weekend left! The park is open tonight, Saturday and Sunday. Check the park operating schedule for complete details.

I'm confused if the park is open just for passholders. It kinda sounds like it the way its worded but would seem silly (albeit awesome for us nerds) for them to be open for three whole days just for passholders. Also Sat and Sun are the Grape Adventure Wine fest thing so that'll be going on too.

I'm confused if the park is open just for passholders. It kinda sounds like it the way its worded but would seem silly (albeit awesome for us nerds) for them to be open for three whole days just for passholders. Also Sat and Sun are the Grape Adventure Wine fest thing so that'll be going on too.

well looking at the sf website under hours, its doesn't specifically say sph only.

The wording says "Great Adventure Passholders" but I really don't know. I am pretty sure I'm going up this Sunday, at least for a little bit in the morning, but if that falls through at least I have next weekend. I wish it was just passholders next weekend, the two passholders night I've gone (Coasters After Dark the last two years) I felt like Clark Griswold in a completely empty park.

This is great, now there is only 1 closed weekend between the last operating day of the regular season and when Holidaying the Park starts. I wonder how crowded Friday will be, I thought it would be empty but schools in NJ are closed.

Awesome! Any insight as to whether it actually needs to be a Great Adventure pass or if it can be any Six Flags pass valid at Great Adventure?

Our memberships (believe it or not) are from Magic Mountain.

I'm wondering the same thing - I have a pass for this year from America, and for next year from New England. I'd love to get up to Great Adventure one last time to close out the season!

Alright so I'm thinking based on the wording "Great Adventure will now be open" that its open to the public so where your pass is from shouldn't matter unless you are trying to get the BAF 9.99 discount. Otherwise wouldn't it say "Great Adventure is now open for passholders"? In addition, the parks hours for those days are 11am-7 Friday (schools in Jersey are closed that day so makes sense, will probably be DEAD), 12-5 Sat and Sunday (while the wine-o fest is going on).

Also is anyone excited as me to realize the park is open all day on Black Friday for HITP? Hopefully all the a$$holes of the area will be ripping each others faces off in Walmarts while I'll be marathoning Nitro!

Alright so I'm thinking based on the wording "Great Adventure will now be open" that its open to the public so where your pass is from shouldn't matter unless you are trying to get the BAF 9.99 discount. Otherwise wouldn't it say "Great Adventure is now open for passholders"? In addition, the parks hours for those days are 11am-7 Friday (schools in Jersey are closed that day so makes sense, will probably be DEAD), 12-5 Sat and Sunday (while the wine-o fest is going on).

Also is anyone excited as me to realize the park is open all day on Black Friday for HITP? Hopefully all the a$$holes of the area will be ripping each others faces off in Walmarts while I'll be marathoning Nitro!

Jackson, New Jersey- your "new," 'round the year destination!

On the wine note - it looks like it's a $16 add-on for anyone with a season pass. Does that mean unlimited wine samples for $16? Because I like me some wine.

Yeah I'd never cared about this event before but now that the rides are open we're planning on completely overdosing on Great Adventure and going tomorrow, next weekend and for the opening of Holiday in the Park. A day of drinking, a safari with more drinking in the middle of it and then getting our last rides on El Toro, Zumanjaro, Bizarro and Kingda Ka and skyway sounds pretty damn perfect.

Wow just found out we might be making a last minute family trip to New Jersey next weekend. I suddenly *really* want to "visit family." Seriously what are the odds?

Anyway there's a chance I'll be at the park next weekend now. Might be going alone so if anyone wants to meet up for a few rides on El Toro/Nitro I'd love to (I'm 18 btw, if that's not your cup of tea I understand lol).

Bizzaro, the parachutes, and Skull Mountain will be closed

*edit* proof for the above info: (from sixflags.com)

The Frontier Adventures area of the theme park, including Safari Off Road Adventure, as well as Bugs Bunny National Park, the Parachutes and Skull Mountain will not be open during this limited operation weekend as we prepare for the all-new Holiday in the Park, beginning November 21. - See more at: https://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure/special-events/fall-fun-bonus-days#sthash.4b9QK9RV.A51rSH2B.dpuf

^ That's good to know. That link answered my question about whether or not its open to the public, because you are able to buy a ticket for those dates through the website, so it couldn't possibly be just passholders. I'm sure it'll still be dead since most folks will figure the park is closed after this weekend.

I guess because SORA is being used for the Grape Adventure thing, no sense in having Bizarro open back there, and Parachutes probably aren't open since that area is going to be Treetop Summit (according to the HITP map) and I bet they'll use the structure of it for the parks giant X-mas tree like they did w/ Dare Devil Dive @ SFOG. Perfect spot since you'll be able to see it from the lot. This is also makes me excited for what they are going to be doing to Skull Mountain.