TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

^^ The music they would play is all garbage, anyway.

I strongly prefer the (regularly seen) Looney Tunes cartoons. It was a great day indeed when they started playing those in line again!

This a thousand times. Looney Tunes is still being played as far as I know.

^That's pretty cool to see them promoting it like that... I mean.. it's better than the music videos they constantly play

Really, you'd prefer the ads? To each his own but I strongly disagree. Personally I can't stand Six Flags TV. At this point they never play music, it's almost nothing but ads. Cesar Fair does it right.

Nah... it's just that I really like RCT

Too funny! I was right in front of you guys towards the back (green fleece, navy cargo shortly, folicially challenged- but still handsome!). It was definitely you guys! And I forgot about your earlier post I had read! My son goes to a Private Boarding school, so he's not around on Saturday's, and my wife/daughter had their own plans....and only living 15 minutes from the park, I said "what the hell! I mine as well go alone!" Sorry I didn't put in the effort to say hello (except for your wife when she bowed out of the bull!), but so happy that you hit the park on a "perfect" day! (As October is always packed/miserable!).

Yep, my wife totally remembered you. That's freaking cool. Too bad we weren't able to connect - I would have loved to have ridden a couple coasters with you. I ran into some great people all day. There was a coaster enthusiast who rode the front row of Bizarro with me from Pennsylvania - he was there with his wife and kids, and saw the weather report and said, "I am there!" I ran into him quite a few times the 4 hours I was there.

Glad you had an awesome day - if I was in your shoes, I would have done the same thing! Being from Utah, I don't get to a lot of parks outside of Lagoon, and the West Coast parks (DLR, KBF, SFMM...) so when I travel, esp. on the East Coast, I try and hit one every now and again. It just so happens that my wife joined me this time because she had some Southwest credit that was going to expire, and we have a niece who plays collegiate soccer in NJ and she had a home game... so it all worked out.

Very cool and again, glad you guys had a good time! Always fun to see someone having a blast (like you were) on El Toro! My bad for not hooking up with a couple coaster with you two!

Too funny! I was right in front of you guys towards the back (green fleece, navy cargo shortly, folicially challenged- but still handsome!). It was definitely you guys! And I forgot about your earlier post I had read! My son goes to a Private Boarding school, so he's not around on Saturday's, and my wife/daughter had their own plans....and only living 15 minutes from the park, I said "what the hell! I mine as well go alone!" Sorry I didn't put in the effort to say hello (except for your wife when she bowed out of the bull!), but so happy that you hit the park on a "perfect" day! (As October is always packed/miserable!).

Yep, my wife totally remembered you. That's freaking cool. Too bad we weren't able to connect - I would have loved to have ridden a couple coasters with you. I ran into some great people all day. There was a coaster enthusiast who rode the front row of Bizarro with me from Pennsylvania - he was there with his wife and kids, and saw the weather report and said, "I am there!" I ran into him quite a few times the 4 hours I was there.

Glad you had an awesome day - if I was in your shoes, I would have done the same thing! Being from Utah, I don't get to a lot of parks outside of Lagoon, and the West Coast parks (DLR, KBF, SFMM...) so when I travel, esp. on the East Coast, I try and hit one every now and again. It just so happens that my wife joined me this time because she had some Southwest credit that was going to expire, and we have a niece who plays collegiate soccer in NJ and she had a home game... so it all worked out.

Very cool and again, glad you guys had a good time! Always fun to see someone having a blast (like you were) on El Toro! My bad for not hooking up with a couple coaster with you two!

Very excited to finally get to go to fright fest this year. I'm almost positive I chose the worst day to go, this Saturday, Columbus Day weekend. Originally the forecast had predicted rain, but it changed to sun after 10am. What should I expect this weekend, like line wise?

Oh boy! With the fall weather/lower temps (that finally hit) + washout across the Northeast last week + beautiful weather this week + bring a friend = MOB SCENE! If you don't plan on spending $$$$ on flash pass, be there at opening to at least do the: Kingda Ka> Zumi> El Toro> Bizarro> run to the other side of the park> Nitro> Batman (maybe tough at that point/have a long line already)> Skull Mountain. Once you got that loop done, expect lines everywhere, thus do what you chose to do.

Good luck!

Generally, during Fright Fest, is it better to go on a Friday or on Sunday to avoid crowds? I'm not planning on going until next year (gotta love that free Gold Pass upgrade - $51.99 from Great Escape) but I like to have our trips planned out early so I can book my vacation time early in the year.

Does anyone have any experience with past Columbus Days when it comes to average crowd levels? I tried doing a search through google and kind of came up with sporadic answers. I always look for the worst so I'm expecting large crowds, but have no issues, should it arise of dropping some money for a Flash Pass.

Just trying to gauge past experiences, although, I know at any time, things can change.

Columbus Days usually have pretty decent crowds. I wouldn't say they approach "Labor Day / Memorial Day" levels, but don't go in expecting a low-key off day atmosphere.

Thanks appreciate it. If all else fails, I'll drop money on the Flash Pass, but I should be getting there slightly after opening, maybe I can get away with out it. Thanks again.

Generally, during Fright Fest, is it better to go on a Friday or on Sunday to avoid crowds? I'm not planning on going until next year (gotta love that free Gold Pass upgrade - $51.99 from Great Escape) but I like to have our trips planned out early so I can book my vacation time early in the year.

Friday nights are generally less crowded. The only downside is that if its your only trip for a while, you only have 6 1/2 hours from open to close. I went to the park almost every Friday night last year during Fright Fest and other than the first week, waits were mostly low. Surprisingly Halloween night was the least crowded with waits 5 to 10 minutes.

How does the bring a friend for 9.99 work? Does the passholder actually have to be present like with bring a friend free?

I want to bring my friends in using my relatives passes who can't make it.

The passholder must bring the friend.

And if you are suggesting using someone else's season pass, you can't do that either.

Edited by larrygator

Think he means if he could have a visitor use the pass to buy a $9.99 ticket. Since you get those at the ticket booth and they don't scan your finger print to get the extra tickets you should be able to have your friends use the cards as if they were the card owners with out a problem. Just be smart about it

Think he means if he could have a visitor use the pass to buy a $9.99 ticket. Since you get those at the ticket booth and they don't scan your finger print to get the extra tickets you should be able to have your friends use the cards as if they were the card owners with out a problem. Just be smart about it

Thanks!

Thanks!

Or, you could follow their entirely reasonable policy, and not abuse the pass. The park could not survive if it offered shared passes, so it does not. On what grounds should you be exempted?

Thanks!

Or, you could follow their entirely reasonable policy, and not abuse the pass. The park could not survive if it offered shared passes, so it does not. On what grounds should you be exempted?

Thanks!

This! People sharing passes is just as crooked and low class as line cutters.

Thanks!

This, so much this.

At the park now. Report later, but I saw Fitzgerald! He was walking with someone, even took him into the Blood Shed maze! I wanted to stop and see if I could get a picture with him (#nerd) but he seemed busy and I didn't want to bother him. I know others have seen him and talked to him, but it was a first for me. Rikki got a kick out of how I was nerding out haha.

At the park now. Report later, but I saw Fitzgerald! He was walking with someone, even took him into the Blood Shed maze! I wanted to stop and see if I could get a picture with him (#nerd) but he seemed busy and I didn't want to bother him. I know others have seen him and talked to him, but it was a first for me. Rikki got a kick out of how I was nerding out haha.

Is Batman still backwards? Thanks . Awesome that you met Fitzgerald!!

*edit* fixed sentence error and thanks for letting me know! Assuming lines are long for it though then since it's running 1 train. Hopefully it's not too bad when I go.

Edited by Suspence1127

Turns out that other guy was Jim-Reid Anderson, CEO of Six Flags! Now I really regret not going up and saying something.

Sorry, apparently I hit quote instead of edit. Forgive me, I'm on my phone.

And yes Batman is still backwards.