TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Taken today, no sign of the ladder.

IMG_20150907_114431.thumb.jpg.b436d8b6dbb9d789ab2a831b8070ceb8.jpg

IMG_20150907_113817.thumb.jpg.25d3ab3588e8bd1cc97ca0828c88fe67.jpg

IMG_20150907_114446.thumb.jpg.e45d50c431b18e2a8f70443f5c835249.jpg

IMG_20150907_114408.thumb.jpg.0c07c49de7d868bd73e1e0f64b7ffd97.jpg

IMG_20150907_113311.thumb.jpg.2f4c4a909d3ab7a66305bfaea607fd66.jpg

I asked Daffy about the ladder and he said to chill out.

IMG_20150907_124229.thumb.jpg.a267b8402b547653c427602b9b767235.jpg

Used my 2016 Gold Dining Pass for the first time with a Tri Tip Sandwich (Cantina). It is not gourmet but was tasty, I would definitely get it again. The Dining Pass is really a great deal during the Flash Sale that ends today.

IMG_20150907_130947.thumb.jpg.10655fadb8c0d2b3e4b2f55d37b891d4.jpg

Edited by larrygator

^ 750 pph is HARDLY low capacity, guy. Get your head on straight.

Also, did you seriously say Flash Pass will halve capacity?

You're, like, short-bus special, dude. Wow.

First of all, I think someone didn't get there morning coffee and is a little grumpy.

Second, I think 750 pph is very low, considering that's the maximum possible capacity. Usually the actual capacity is lower than that. If it takes 1:30 to load two trains, the capacity would be 640 pph. Thats not including any kinks, breakdowns, people vomiting on the trains, etc.

Signing up for Memberships with the flash sale going on right now. Had a few questions that hopefully you guys might be able to answer.

1) Only adult admissions are available, right? If I decide to get one for my 4 year old I'll have to pay the same (admittedly discounted) price?

2) I'm getting one for my wife, but she may not always want to come with -- will I be able to have a friend use it if she doesn't come, or is it specifically tied to the same person?

3) In order to register these memberships online, I need to actually pick up the physical passes in person first?

Thanks in advance

Signing up for Memberships with the flash sale going on right now. Had a few questions that hopefully you guys might be able to answer.

1) Only adult admissions are available, right? If I decide to get one for my 4 year old I'll have to pay the same (admittedly discounted) price?

2) I'm getting one for my wife, but she may not always want to come with -- will I be able to have a friend use it if she doesn't come, or is it specifically tied to the same person?

3) In order to register these memberships online, I need to actually pick up the physical passes in person first?

Thanks in advance

I don't know for certain about 1) but I don't think there is a further discount for kids.

2) The Season Pass is not transferable to another person once activated. The park takes biometric finger scans for season pass holders, if the person trying to enter with the pass doesn't match the scan, they can not enter.

3) All Flash Pass sales have to be activated in person before the date listed on the site when you agree to purchase. (I think it is by November 1st, but not 100% certain)

Edited by larrygator

Just got my pass and bought a dining pass for next year, what an amazing deal. Paid like 100 for the dining pass and 72 or whatever it was for the Gold season pass.

They are letting you use the dining pass the rest of this year and next year you get a sports bottle with free refills. Thats an insane deal.

I'm gonna go a few times to FF and then probably twice to Holiday in the park, a meal is like 12 bucks and a snack is like 5-10 or something. I dont usually eat in the park, eat before I go or bring a lunch.

But figure 20 bucks for a snack and meal and I'm gonna go probably 4-5 times the rest of this year the dining pass will have paid for itself before next season. and I'm getting a sports bottle with free refills for next year.

Great deal.

According to the video, Total Mayhem will be located where Fort Independence was. So what is to become of the Grandstand?

I posted this answer a few pages back:

In other Lakefront-related news, Harry over at GAHistory provided some more detail on landscaping in the area.

By the way, the Great Lake Grandstand site will be naturally landscaped with tiered levels to offer wonderful views of the lake. Even today with the piles of rubble still there, the view of the water from the surrounding areas is already a great improvement.

Green Lantern has a learning curve to riding it without pain.

What is this said learning curve. I've never been on a Stand Up since they removed Iron Wolf at my home park

You have to ride it so you're actually standing and not putting any weight on the bicycle seat at all, especially if you're a man. You also have to lean forward and into the curves to minimize head banging. Basically you have to actually physically ride the thing and not let it toss you around and squash your jewels. Doing this I actually enjoy it more than Bizarro or Superman.

So now that we know what's coming in 2016- thoughts on 2017????

probably a water park slide, one of those enclosed drop slides. Probably wont get anything big at GA like a new coaster until 2019.

Water park next year, a new flat ride year after then maybe a new coaster.