TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Bizzaro is definitely a solid ride. I wouldn't call it smooth, it has gotten considerably more rough and rattly over the years. But I enjoy it nonetheless as it has decent forces with a nice backdrop when going up the lift hill. The theme is piss, nothing was better than the old Medusa color scheme.

Agree to disagree there. The theme I could care less about, but I love the colors of Bizarro - I have a thing for blue and purple. Although you can now see the old Medusa paint as the purple/blue slowly chips away.

I think it's funny that people only have "high capacity" and "low capacity" in their vocabulary, as if it must be one or the other.

This will be a "medium capacity" ride, and that's ok. No, it's not the 1500 an hour that beemers and old Gen Arrows got, but it's also not the 200 an hour of a Togo standup. It will be a slightly longer wait, but most of the line will not be at this ride anyhow for so long as KK exists. It will be fine.

Completely different post from the current discussion... hopefully I'm not breaking up the flow.

I am headed to SFGAdv for the first time on Saturday, October 3rd. I will be out on the East Coast on business, and got a flight home for that night, and thought I would head over right at opening and get as much riding in by 4 or 5pm. A few questions for you park veterans out there:

1) Is the park generally crowded earlier in the day on Fright Fest days?

2) If I will only be in the park 5-6 hours, what is the best park strategy? Does it make sense to run to Kingda Ka first?

3) Speaking of KK - does it generally open at park opening?

4) I am not a season passholder (I live in Utah...) Outside of getting tickets on the SF site online, is there another cheaper option for a one-day ticket for Fright Fest?

Looking forward to visiting the park! I've wanted to visit for years...

Thanks in advance for any advice provided!

Agree to disagree there. The theme I could care less about, but I love the colors of Bizarro - I have a thing for blue and purple. Although you can now see the old Medusa paint as the purple/blue slowly chips away.

It will go back to Medusa without them even meaning to do it.

Completely different post from the current discussion... hopefully I'm not breaking up the flow.

I am headed to SFGAdv for the first time on Saturday, October 3rd. I will be out on the East Coast on business, and got a flight home for that night, and thought I would head over right at opening and get as much riding in by 4 or 5pm. A few questions for you park veterans out there:

1) Is the park generally crowded earlier in the day on Fright Fest days?

2) If I will only be in the park 5-6 hours, what is the best park strategy? Does it make sense to run to Kingda Ka first?

3) Speaking of KK - does it generally open at park opening?

4) I am not a season passholder (I live in Utah...) Outside of getting tickets on the SF site online, is there another cheaper option for a one-day ticket for Fright Fest?

Looking forward to visiting the park! I've wanted to visit for years...

Thanks in advance for any advice provided!

1. Expect the worst for lines. It should be better in the morning, but crowds will still be heavy.

2/3. Kingda Ka is a bit unpredictable. Ive seen it open over an hour late more than once. While opening would be a good chance to get it 'out of the way', you risk waiting as long as you would have mid-day for it to open. Most people go directly to KK or ET. You might be able to get the entire right half of the park with minimal waits if you head in that direction.

4. Some days you can donate blood in return for a free ticket. I personally couldn't do a theme park post blood donation, but if you can and its being offered that day, its an option. Dunkin Donuts, Wendys, and McDonalds have coupons.

You've stumbled upon their New for 2017 Teaser Campaign. It will be like the puzzle campaigns Six Flags did a few years ago, only in real-time. Point a webcam at Bizarro, and piece by piece (chip by chip), Medusa will reveal herself.

You've stumbled upon their New for 2017 Teaser Campaign. It will be like the puzzle campaigns Six Flags did a few years ago, only in real-time. Point a webcam at Bizarro, and piece by piece (chip by chip), Medusa will reveal herself.

I've been thinking about adding a TPR account for a while now and finally got around to it.

Trip Report

I left my class at college and got to Great Adventure a little after 11 and was pleasantly surprised at the fact no one was there. I have to say it was also interesting at 1st because it was also my first time going to any amusement park alone. I started the day at Nitro and only had to wait one train for the front. I had a great 1st ride and got to stay on 5 more times before the station filled. I slowly made my way back as I rode 2nd row, middle, back, and the row in front of the back. I have to say I like the front on Nitro better than the back and I like the back on most rides better. I'm not to impressed with batman backwards, it felt a little uncomfortable and i rather just face forward. I hit skull mountain and then walked across the park to El Toro. Its funny because the parks was so empty the longest line I saw all day was for the Skyway. I jumped on El Diablo as I got to the area right when it was starting loading with no wait(still think its a waste of space) I got 2 rides on the back of Toro before I waited for the front for the 1st time. Up to then I had only ridden the back. After the front I was aloud to stay. on for 5 more rides in varying locations(my longest el toro marathon. When I got to Kingda Ka I got to jump in front of people to join another single rider who had 2 friends in the 2nd row. No other row compares to the front to me now on Ka. The walk to Zoomanjaro is a hike in itself and I got straight on and off in under 10 mins and went back to Ka. Once again I was happy to see the same single rider waiting for the 2nd row with his friends in the front. I learned that being a single rider has a lot of perks as I passed at least 25 people to go up and ride with him. Went back to toro and got d=some more rides and in the middle went and rode Bizarro. On my 13th ride on El toro I was sitting in the back on the 1st airtime hill when a phone came and smacked right into my arm then fell. I got back to the station with a huge red rectangle on my arm. I rode Toro one more time and left at 4. SO if you live near Great Adventure i suggest heading in and getting some rides. All in all I picked a great day to go.

Nitro(6x) Batman,Skull mountain, El DIablo(1) El Toro(14x)I have pics of an empty El Toro Station Ka(2x) Bizarro and Zoo(1)

Also for the new ride I heard mixed thinkings from people tallking about it. Me personally can't wait to ride it, but I would have rather had a nice RMC on the lake after riding wicked cyclone this past month

As someone who traveled to ride batman the ride at SFFT, I think this is a nice and unique attraction for the area. Definitely looking forward to an hour ride compare to a flight to ride this type of ride, well and El Toro.

Not sure if this was posted already, but a great read regarding Total Mayhem and other 2016 SF projects. Looks like we'll be seeing more S&S Free Spins at other parks in the future, which we all kinda figured but this article confirms it

http://experience.usatoday.com/america/story/theme-parks/2015/09/03/new-attractions-six-flags-parks-concept-construction-2016/71603746/

I guess this is an unpopular opinion but I liked the Bizarro theme for both Medusa and Ride of Steel. I even liked that stupid on board audio that didn't make any sense. I was pretty bummed to see that they took out the on board audio for Great Adventure's Bizarro awhile ago. And I was even more bummed to see that they're just turning Bizarro back into Superman. I get why people don't like the Bizarro thing though. If they re-made American Eagle as American Bizarro I would be pissed too.

I'm also in a minority for liking the Bizarro theming. I never got to ride it as Medusa, so I may be a bit biased. But I like the color scheme, the flamethrower, the giant auger by the corkscrews, the Superman Frames on the first drop, the fog... I really think it adds to the ride, and doesn't detract. It does have a bit of a rattle now, especially right after the cobra roll into the MCBR, but I've ridden it enough times to expect it and brace myself and ride that part a little defensively. It's easily in my top 5 in the park.

I have been wondering with SFNE converting their Bizarro back to Superman ROS, if SFGAd will convert their Bizarro back to Medusa some point in the future. I see that some of you have also commented on this. If they do convert back I do hope they still go with a different color scheme. I thought the old Medussa colors were pretty awful. Just a little speculation.

I have been wondering with SFNE converting their Bizarro back to Superman ROS, if SFGAd will convert their Bizarro back to Medusa some point in the future.

The Superman theme works for the coaster at SFNE. I really don't think the Medusa theme works as well as Bizarro theme. So personally I do not see SFGAdv converting Bizarro back to Medusa.. But that's just my opinion.