TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

I doubt it because A. Bizarro is no longer as popular as it used to be for whatever reason, perhaps because of its unfortunate location (I don't understand why, it is one of the better coasters in the park). S:ROS (yes, I'm calling it that already) is one of the most popular rides in the country, so there is reason to build hype for it. B. There was a lot of complaining about S:ROS when it was Bizarro so that's possibly another reason for the conversion

The only issue I have had with an addition in the past ten years was the Bizarro conversion. I understand why they did it (to maximize the IP agreement) but it was done half-ass and should not have been a key addition for an off-season.

Since you mention that, as they're retheming SFNE's Bizarro back to Superman, do you think it's likely that they'll follow suit at GAdv and take it back to Medusa this season?

I see no reason to do it at SFGAdv. It makes sense at SFNE because of the S:ROS heritage. Even though the old restraints won't come back, most of the GP don't remember their rides from ten years ago. Teenagers will never have even ridden in the original cars. They will just see that S:ROS (former #1 coaster in the world) is back.

I think the new coaster is a nice addition to the park. If the line is a concern for you, then I would take Larry's advice and get there at opening and ride it first. That's what I did with Batman at SFFT back in June and was on the ride in about 10 minutes. ...Then I went and rode Iron Rattler over and over again.

Next year they probably get something new for HH. They def need a new tower with a few of those floor drop slides.

Build a tower with 4-5 of them, maybe two of them that drop straight down and 3 of them with some twists.

And local whiny guy is still hoping for a 300+ foot tall coaster to be added.......I'll take the kids to Point Plesant Beach if they'd like to spin upside down over and over again

Take them the Ocean City the rides are a lot better than Point Pleasant. I don't recall any good spin and puke rides at Point Pleasant.

Hey guys,

Im new here to the forums. Let me tell you a little about myself:

Home park: gadv

Im currently working as a cook in a restaurant persuing my dream to become a chef. On my days off I usially go to gadv

So far this season I have been to the park about 20x

Eltoro, nitro and bizarro are my top three at the park.

Im honestly thrilled to get total mayham for 2016. I think it will be a great addition to the park plus bring some life back to the lakefront. Also, another plus about the coaster is it is another 48" ride.

Another reason six flags could possibly not be adding as many coasters but more flats and ect is because there trying to make the parks more family friendly. Hopefully down the road great adventure will add more flats to make it even more family friendly (in my opinion).

The only issue I have had with an addition in the past ten years was the Bizarro conversion. I understand why they did it (to maximize the IP agreement) but it was done half-ass and should not have been a key addition for an off-season.

Since you mention that, as they're retheming SFNE's Bizarro back to Superman, do you think it's likely that they'll follow suit at GAdv and take it back to Medusa this season?

No. Bizarro is fine the way it is. No way the park would pay to paint and retheme it back to Medusa since no one but a handful of enthusiasts would care. Though I do agree they could use something else back there to revive that area. But where? With that arena, RMT, SORA's station, the flume, etc They couldn't really put anything back there without removing trees, no? And that would be lame. I just hope they don't get rid of Bizarro at some point, I could see them eventually relocating it because it rarely has a line, but that works for me since its IMO one of the more solid coasters in the park.

Edited by boldikus

You know you don't really have to love the new ride, right? If you don't like the ride, good, lines of the other coasters in the park will all get shorter.

I never said I love the coaster, I just said it was a good addition for the park. I know it will help pull lines from other rides which will help.

No. Bizarro is fine the way it is. No way the park would pay to paint and retheme it back to Medusa since no one but a handful of enthusiasts would care. Though I do agree they could use something else back there to revive that area. But where? With that arena, RMT, SFOA's station, the flume, etc They couldn't really put anything back there without removing trees, no? And that would be lame. I just hope they don't get rid of Bizarro at some point, I could see them eventually relocating it because it rarely has a line, but that works for me since its IMO one of the more solid coasters in the park.

If Bizzaro gets relocated it won't be in somewhere in Great Adventure. It would probably go to a whole new park in general. Then they could just put floorless trains on Green Lantern.

You know you don't really have to love the new ride, right? If you don't like the ride, good, lines of the other coasters in the park will all get shorter.

I never said I love the coaster, I just said it was a good addition for the park. I know it will help pull lines from other rides which will help.

If someone does not quote you don't assume they are responding to you. It only creates unnecessary drama.

If Bizzaro gets relocated it won't be in somewhere in Great Adventure. It would probably go to a whole new park in general. Then they could just put floorless trains on Green Lantern.

I didn't mean inside the park lol like they would pay to move it to somewhere else ahaha - I mean to a park that would eat it up - St Louis, SFA, etc.

And I honestly don't think the dispatches would be so bad if they actually put a crew back there that hustles, since it seems like they just put the laziest employees back there. And STOP with the 3 train operations. I don't get why they do that - even when its DEAD like at Coasters After Dark the park was literally empty and they have three trains going (AND STACKING BADLY) on Bizarro. Makes no sense to me.

I'm not a big Bizarro fan, but it does fill one unique void in the park. I'm taking my friend the weekend after Labor Day who's never ridden a looping coaster before. Bizarro seems like the obvious choice to start with. Batman is too intense, Green Lantern has a learning curve to riding it without pain, Superman is stupid, boring and uncomfortable. Bizarro may still be a little big and intimidating, but since the park doesn't have an old Schwarzkopf or Arrow, it wins because it's smooth and comfortable and gives a good "baseline" experience for what it's like to go upside-down on a roller coaster.

Edited by neil009

It's funny because enthusiasts don't seem to give Bizarro any love but my GP friends seem to LOVE it. I'm not sure why that is but I know for sure its my other halfs favorite coaster in the park - she wants only ever wants to ride when I actually get her to go with me, she could care less about any other ride there (tho I think we have a new Z:DOD fan in her). She says Bizarro is interesting but not over the top intensity.

As stated, I really feel like its one of the most solid coasters in the park. It has an old school feel to it - its borderline intense but also smooth and pleasant. I like that the layout is almost graceful and sweeping from one element to the next. But at the same time its not boring. The only headbanging I ever get is after the cobra roll into the MCBR and I know to expect that so it doesn't bother me. Its a great night ride when all of the effects are on which in my experience is more often on than not on.

Related, earlier this year while next to board the train pulling in to the station were chanting "FIRE!" and the guy dispatching trains asked if the fire worked and they all screamed back "NO!!!" and he asked if they wanted to go again and of course they all screamed "YES!" and he did.

It's funny because enthusiasts don't seem to give Bizarro any love but my GP friends seem to LOVE it. I'm not sure why that is but I know for sure its my other halfs favorite coaster in the park - she wants only ever wants to ride when I actually get her to go with me, she could care less about any other ride there (tho I think we have a new Z:DOD fan in her). She says Bizarro is interesting but not over the top intensity.

As stated, I really feel like its one of the most solid coasters in the park. It has an old school feel to it - its borderline intense but also smooth and pleasant. I like that the layout is almost graceful and sweeping from one element to the next. But at the same time its not boring. The only headbanging I ever get is after the cobra roll into the MCBR and I know to expect that so it doesn't bother me. Its a great night ride when all of the effects are on which in my experience is more often on than not on.

Related, earlier this year while next to board the train pulling in to the station were chanting "FIRE!" and the guy dispatching trains asked if the fire worked and they all screamed back "NO!!!" and he asked if they wanted to go again and of course they all screamed "YES!" and he did.

I've never ridden Bizzaro, but I've ridden Scream, and honestly I loved it. I think they both suffer from the fact that they're both in parks with so many great coasters, if you stuck Scream or Bizzaro in a park like SFSTL you'd have a monster hit on your hand.