TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

This is a low capacity ride in one of the most visited parks in the chain.

Oh god. Please. Don't. Say. "Low Capacity" again. Otherwise it's going to be another 768 pages of why it isn't a low capacity ride.

I really wish people could hear how incredibly stupid they sound when they keep claiming it's a low capacity ride. Two examples for you: Tempesto and Batman! Seriously, other than peak hours or peak days, I haven't heard about Batman at SFFT getting insanely long lines! Where is this info about it being such a horrible low-capacity ride coming from? I'll tell you - stupid roller coaster enthusiasts, that's where.

You are welcome to your own opinion, but so am I. And in my opinion, people who are complaining about this are self-entitled, obnoxious, stupid coaster enthusiasts that I wish weren't part of our community.

There's more to it than that though, especially with GADV. This is what the park has done in the past 8 years:

Removed:

Removed Chiller

Removed GASM

Removed Rolling Thunder

Closed off entire section of the park past chiller, which put other flats out of commission while they also removed the Intamin 1st Gen Freefall

Some rides that were removed (Chaos) were changed to smoking sections rather than replaced with new rides

Removed the giant Teepee

Added:

The Dark Knight - indoor wild mouse

The Green Lantern - relocated standup coaster

Bizzaro - Medusa is repainted and some of the theming is literally turned upside down, sometimes they turn the fire on too

Zumanjaro - Drop tower added to the side of already-built Kingda Ka

Safari RIde - The park changed the already existing safari into one that leaves through controlled vehicle from the park and billed it as a new ride. There was an outpost stop added with an upcharged zipline. They didn't add the monkeys back.

Larson loop bulled as a coaster

S&S 4D coaster that isn't as good as the Intamin version (yes I've ridden both). The capacity and waits for the SFFT version were consistently horrible.

That's off the top of my head, sure I've missed something but hopefully not that major. I personally have not bought a SF season pass because I haven't had a reason to go back to GADV (I live in NYC) in the past 3 years and I only go to 1 or 2 other SF parks each summer. My GP friends don't ever feel compelled to go back, usually the saying is "maybe if they add a new big ride, it'll be worth the lines and admission price". When have you last felt compelled to go back to GADV Rob? Do you want to NJ for this ride? Yes there's obviously a lot of investment that was put into the park prior to these past 8 years but really nothing great has been done since Obama's been in office (must be his fault ).

I personally get my fair share of credits from travelling for work and then staying a few extra days to go to parks like SFFT, Alton Towers and Thorpe, BGT, etc. And I do one day want to go back and relive Nitro and El Toro and Ka. But to see what's been added to the park recently, or lack thereof, has just been disappointing considering what parks like SFMM and SFGA receive, and everybody here would agree that GADV was once grouped with those parks in terms of SF money allotment. That they have to tear down an entire waterfront theater space for a ride that has a smaller footprint than a Togo heartline twister also confuses me.

Here's to hoping for those dueling launched wingriders that reuse Chiller's station, theme to Batman vs. Superman, and dominate that aforementioned closed off area of the park in two years I guess...

Everyone complaining about the ride can help its capacity out by staying home. My goodness is everyone ungrateful. I'm glad this is coming. Only the second ride of its kind and first in the East, but everyone is jaded because the park "deserves better" Get over yourselves.

TM will have roughly the same capacity as one side of Chiller (675PPH per side), slightly better. Chiller had notoriously brutal lines at this park. I think TM's line will be more tolerable because of the frequency of the dispatches, which will keep the line at least moving. It will be a deterrent for me after the first wave of people flock to it in the morning. The key will be getting there early.

I'm excited and slightly disappointed at the same time. I predicted this all year long, but was hoping for the bigger model, or to be surprised with a Premier launched coaster. Still, the coaster drought is finally over! J am sure TM will be a blast, and the new open views of the lake should be awesome as well. This area of the park needed a facelift badly.

Removed:

Removed Chiller

Removed GASM

Removed Rolling Thunder

Closed off entire section of the park past chiller, which put other flats out of commission while they also removed the Intamin 1st Gen Freefall

Some rides that were removed (Chaos) were changed to smoking sections rather than replaced with new rides

Removed the giant Teepee

Added:

Bizzaro - Medusa is repainted and some of the theming is literally turned upside down, sometimes they turn the fire on too

Safari RIde - The park changed the already existing safari into one that leaves through controlled vehicle from the park and billed it as a new ride. There was an outpost stop added with an upcharged zipline. They didn't add the monkeys back.

S&S 4D coaster that isn't as good as the Intamin version (yes I've ridden both). The capacity and waits for the SFFT version were consistently horrible.

I've got to admit... that sounds like a massive upgrade to me overall. You forgot Sky Screamer (pretty major), the new Bumper Cars, and the new Scrambler too.

Also, holy crap I didn't know you were on TPR.

You are welcome to your own opinion, but so am I. And in my opinion, people who are complaining about this are self-entitled, obnoxious, stupid coaster enthusiasts that I wish weren't part of our community.

There's more to it than that though, especially with GADV. This is what the park has done in the past 8 years:

Removed:

Removed Chiller

Removed GASM

Removed Rolling Thunder

Removed the giant Teepee

Added:

That's off the top of my head, sure I've missed something but hopefully not that major. I personally have not bought a SF season pass because I haven't had a reason to go back to GADV (I live in NYC) in the past 3 years and I only go to 1 or 2 other SF parks each summer. My GP friends don't ever feel compelled to go back, usually the saying is "maybe if they add a new big ride, it'll be worth the lines and admission price". When have you last felt compelled to go back to GADV Rob? Do you want to NJ for this ride? Yes there's obviously a lot of investment that was put into the park prior to these past 8 years but really nothing great has been done since Obama's been in office (must be his fault ).

I personally get my fair share of credits from travelling for work and then staying a few extra days to go to parks like SFFT, Alton Towers and Thorpe, BGT, etc. And I do one day want to go back and relive Nitro and El Toro and Ka. But to see what's been added to the park recently, or lack thereof, has just been disappointing considering what parks like SFMM and SFGA receive, and everybody here would agree that GADV was once grouped with those parks in terms of SF money allotment. That they have to tear down an entire waterfront theater space for a ride that has a smaller footprint than a Togo heartline twister also confuses me.

Here's to hoping for those dueling launched wingriders that reuse Chiller's station, theme to Batman vs. Superman, and dominate that aforementioned closed off area of the park in two years I guess...

This is EXACTLY the kind of "self-entitled, obnoxious, stupid coaster enthusiast" drivel I'm talking about! Listen to yourself!!! The park has actually IMPROVED quite a bit and you're making rides like Zumanjaro sound like nothing because it's on the "already built Kingda Ka." Really?!??! And you're complaining about monkeys?!?!?! And teepees!?!?! Seriously, you're an idiot. Please get off our forums.

Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.thumb.jpg.6224c0e87e84761ffe2391fcc91503c0.jpg

Edited by robbalvey

If your reaction is "This doesn't make me want to go to Six Flags," that's OK! But there's no reason to be really angry about them eliminating derelict theaters they weren't using or had any plans to use any time soon or building a new coaster. Sorry, but I lack the ability to feel really bad about people who are within day trip distance of Hershey, Knoebels, Dorney, the Jersey Shore, Coney, Rye, SFA, Dutch Wonderland, Clementon, and even more than that acting like this is a hardship. Hell, you can still go and not ride it too!

Removed:

Removed Chiller

Removed GASM

Removed Rolling Thunder

Removed the giant Teepee

Added:

This is EXACTLY the kind of "self-entitled, obnoxious, stupid coaster enthusiast" enthusiast drivel I'm talking about! Listen to yourself!!! The park has actually IMPROVED quite a bit and you're making rides like Zumanjaro sound like nothing because it's on the "already built Kingda Ka." Really?!??! And you're complaining about monkeys?!?!?! Seriously, you're an idiot. Please get off our forums.

He forgot to mention how they removed trees and how we need those back. THEY TOOK DOWN TREES?! Oh and the Tepee...We won't survive without the giant rotting ugly tepee from 1970 something.

Frankly, I would list removing GASM as an improvement. It's much better as a play structure for the monkeys. Plus, the Safari ride is very good, and the park has a very strong coaster line up, which includes El Toro and Nitro. What's not to like there?

I think the new S&S ride will be a fine addition.

Frankly, I would list removing GASM as an improvement.

And Rolling Thunder. Both of those rides sucked. I'd much rather ride a Larson Super Loop over EITHER of those awful coasters. And the fact that I never stood in line for either of those rides on the many, many packed visits I made to the park when everything else had a line just shows that the park knows that the only people who gave a crap about those rides were self-entitled obnoxious coaster nerds.

Edited by robbalvey

Frankly, I would list removing GASM as an improvement.

THIS x 1000! My least favorite coster EVER!

And Rolling Thunder. Both of those rides sucked. I'd much rather ride a Larson Super Loop over EITHER of those awful coasters.

And I don't even LIKE Larson Super Loops!

HOLY HELL SFGADV FANBOYS ARE THE WORST!

You're getting an amazing new coaster and all you can do is complain? Five years ago, while the Chang/Green Lantern fiasco was ensuing, all the SFGAdv fanboys were crying that they "deserve" Chang and that the park was "neglected."

What's the point of Six Flags even trying with you people...

I think the colors are really ugly

I like the two-tone track, but I agree that the colours aren't very nice. I was hoping the rumour of the track being blue panned out, but alas. Either way, still stoked over this addition even if no one else is!

Edited by Genx24

I think the colors are really ugly and the name sucks...

(But the ride will be awesome, please don't hit me.)

I actually agree about the colors, but looking around the park, they are pretty unique for GAdv, so that makes them not so bad, IMO... Now if it was CP adding yet another red and yellow coaster...!

There's a rumor that KK will be receiving Altair trains next season...anyone else heard this? I'm sure if it's true that it would be one of those things they announce sometime in the winter/early spring. To me, that would be just as exciting as the other additions for 2016! It would be a big improvement to the park's signature (non-enthusiast) attraction.

Anyone else who wants to keep complaining about capacity will be given a one week ban and your posts will be removed. Find another aspect of the ride to complain about instead.

I have a complaint about the ride. Why are they giving it to a park where apparently nobody wants it? People complain about how visited their park is and how long it's been between coasters. I Live in Korea where Eagle's Fortress is being replaced by a hotel (apparently) and the only roller-coaster we've had since 2008 is a Vekoma family suspended coaster, we'll happily take it instead.

For those complaining about capacity, Everland is 16th in the world for attendance and since T Express can be reservation only on weekends, that only leaves a 1 train operated arrow coaster to soak up the other thrill seekers in the park and we manage just fine.

Seriously I feel like the difference between "acceptable wait-times" is so low for some people because there's so much choice to spread out crowds that they expect queues to be suited to their tolerances and so the ride has to be a "people eater"(and that's with fast pass also available which a lot of Asian parks don't have). Shouldn't it be about a new experience over how many people it can take when you look at what you want in your home park? I travel Japan a lot and Korea and I never see people complain, I have a limit of how long I can wait so I don't often go but the water-parks here have wait times of almost an hour for a normal tube slide and 3 hours for newer slides or with bowls or funnels and they are happy just to have something new to try out.

Edited by Garet

^^ Eh, it's not really unique. Total Mayhem has the same colours as El Diablo. Guess the park got a discount on red and yellow paint.

Yeah, but I was referring to colors on roller coasters!

Superman is similar as well, but whatevs... I DO like all this two-tone track popping up! Pretty cool new look for coasters!

Why are they giving it to a park where apparently nobody wants it

Enthusiasts probably make up approximately 0.000001% of the parks attendance. Everyone else (and many enthusiasts) will love it. Plus, I'm sure they saw that the videos of Batman went viral with enthusiasts AND non enthusiasts all across social media and that made putting one in one of their largest markets an obvious decision.