TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

I want to believe it's fake and the surprise isn't spoiled, but that looks really good. If it is real, the colors look good, but why would they go with the small model again? It would be a lot more marketable if it were longer and had more flips. I'm hearing a lot of good things though, so I bet this will be a hit.

This is brutal. I was expecting a 4-D but at least give us the larger version. I'm feeling slighted to be honest. Not even a good theme, they just decided to plop it on the lakefront with a generic theme. Any sort of theming would have been better than this.

Oh well, I think this will play into my thinking that we will see another coaster added in 2016 or 2017.

Total mayhem

Call me crazy, but I am really not buying this. . . Until it comes straight from Six Flags then I am not going to believe it. For some reason I don't believe this "Tammy Duffy" really knows anything more than anyone else. If you watch this video, and the

it is damn near the same video. Same shots of the coaster, except maybe mirrored, and same music... It just looks like someone had some fun with some video editing software. While yes Six Flags could use similar promo videos for the two coasters I highly doubt the two videos would be this similar.

Maybe I'm on my own here, but I really don't think this is the real deal. If it is I will be surprised, but for now I am not holding my breath.

Edited by DoinItForTheFame

WAIT A MINUTE!!! That picture on the website depicts a boomerang in the background. The SAME boomerang at FIesta Texas. Same colors and everything. you can even see the same one in the background in the batman the ride animation in the same place facing the same direction. Also, the sign on the side of the ride in the picture is the same as the batman one. It looks like this person just edited a picture on top of the batman logo. Also, in the video of the ride, there is no sign at all. This is so confusing, as it looks real, but its not checking out. Also, this guy who runs the site that this picture was posted to is selling art on it. could that mean hes an artist and that he knows how to do this stuff professionally? I dont know, just speculation. Probably not. But at least we are still not sure if this is real or fake. We will find out when the real announcement comes out.

It's real for sure. This has Keith's animation style written all over it, and you can even see his Kingda Ka animation in the background, as well as the other background rides in the park. The material settings look exactly the same as B:TR's rendering, it's nearly identical. It's a shame they didn't spring for the 10 inversion model, this thing is unfortunately going to be a capacity nightmare if next year is anywhere near as crowded as this year was. I think I'll wait until later in the year to ride it (given that it's SF it may very well open then ), when the hype finally dies down and I won't have to wait 5 hours to ride it. I really think the ride experience doesn't justify the ridiculous wait times this thing will get. It actually looks a lot better on the lake than I thought, and the color scheme is pretty cool with the 2 color rails, but the color choice could have been better. This definitely means Roar could get this sort of color scheme too. The theming/name could also have been better.

Another reason it's real is because typically the park releases the animation to the media early but it's strictly confidential so that they can prepare their articles in advance. Apparently someone leaked it and I don't think the'yll be at media day any time soon

WAIT A MINUTE!!! That picture on the website depicts a boomerang in the background. The SAME boomerang at FIesta Texas. Same colors and everything. you can even see the same one in the background in the batman the ride animation in the same place facing the same direction. Also, the sign on the side of the ride in the picture is the same as the batman one. It looks like this person just edited a picture on top of the batman logo. Also, in the video of the ride, there is no sign at all. This is so confusing, as it looks real, but its not checking out. Also, this guy who runs the site that this picture was posted to is selling art on it. could that mean hes an artist and that he knows how to do this stuff professionally? I dont know, just speculation. Probably not. But at least we are still not sure if this is real or fake. We will find out when the real announcement comes out.

What picture?

Total mayhem

Call me crazy, but I am really not buying this. . . Until it comes straight from Six Flags then I am not going to believe it. For some reason I don't believe this "Tammy Duffy" really knows anything more than anyone else. If you watch this video, and the

it is damn near the same video. Same shots of the coaster, except maybe mirrored, and same music... It just looks like someone had some fun with some video editing software. While yes Six Flags could use similar promo videos for the two coasters I highly doubt the two videos would be this similar.

Maybe I'm on my own here, but I really don't think this is the real deal. If it is I will be surprised, but for now I am not holding my breath.

I know a thing or two about video editing and I can definitely say that that this video was not made from the SFFT Batman video. The background rides fit in too well with the video for it to be a person having fun with video editing software. What this most likely is was the animation company doing a copy and paste of the Batman ride model and animation in to the Great Adventure park model. The reason some of the animations and music are identical is probably because they were just placeholders until they could come up with new ones for the final video we may see tomorrow. This probably an unfinished trailer for the ride that got leaked.

Another reason it's real is because typically the park releases the animation to the media early but it's strictly confidential so that they can prepare their articles in advance. Apparently someone leaked it and I don't think they'll be at media day any time soon

I can tell you that I am on the embargo list and we have not received the materials yet. So we will just have to wait and see if this is real or not.

And the whiny enthusiasts from the CW and KD threads seemed to have made their way to the SFGAdv thread.

Seriously guys, you already have El Toro, Kingda Ka, and Nitro, plus plenty of other coasters. This is far different from anything else currently at the park and is way better than what most other parks will be getting this year.

Total mayhem

I know a thing or two about video editing and I can definitely say that that this video was not made from the SFFT Batman video. The background rides fit in too well with the video for it to be a person having fun with video editing software. What this most likely is was the animation company doing a copy and paste of the Batman ride model and animation in to the Great Adventure park model. The reason some of the animations and music are identical is probably because they were just placeholders until they could come up with new ones for the final video we may see tomorrow. This probably an unfinished trailer for the ride that got leaked.

Also the animated trains have a completely different design. Clearly legit

Another reason it's real is because typically the park releases the animation to the media early but it's strictly confidential so that they can prepare their articles in advance. Apparently someone leaked it and I don't think they'll be at media day any time soon

I can tell you that I am on the embargo list and we have not received the materials yet. So we will just have to wait and see if this is real or not.

Wait so I possibly threw that beer for no reason? WTF Robb.

I still think this is fake. Other people could use that animation style to create a fake video. Something just doesn't seem right to me.

For someone extremely, and I mean insanely experienced it would take a few days. For anyone else it would take weeks, to months. Keyframe animations take a LONG time to do. I see what you mean though about something being abnormal, I'm thinking perhaps it may not be the final release.

Total mayhem

Good point I agree with you. I bet this is just a placeholder animation to test it out then they put the real bigger model in. That would explain the "no stats" and stuff.