TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

So that's 5 A.M. EST right? That means 11 A.M Europe time, and I have to work then. Cruel world.

My friend is in the UK on vacation and he said it would be 10 A.M. there. Different time zone?

Yeah England has the 0 time zone and the majority of Europe the +1. So that's correct.

My alarm goes off at 5:45 so once i wake up im going to be checking six flags website to see what all the new attractions are. I have to say, this seems like a weird year since we have no clue what we are actually getting! Im expecting a free spin but if i wake up and see something launched you know im going to be extra excited.

Clearly its going to be Yolo-Mayham. Premier and S&S have been working together to combine Freespin technology and Yolo-tophat-loop technology. Its also a dark ride with shootable targets and 4 splashdowns.

I am certainly excited for tomorrow. We really have very little indication.

Don't forget that it will have Shockwave's trains

I'm sure some people are, I'd say I'm closer to disappointed. But that's only because of my own selfish reasons and I understand why the park is getting a free spin, if that's in fact what it is. It is what it is and I'm sure a freespin will be a success @ GAdv.

I know I'm being dramatic, but not knowing this year is making this feel a little like Xmas eve. All we do know is that its a coaster (if the Jersey Township board member peoples are to be believed, and I'd say they have no reason to collectively lie) but at this point it could be anything. I'm geeking a little. We're getting a new coaster (hopefully)!!!

but we know they wont start construction until March anyway.

I'm sure some people are, I'd say I'm closer to disappointed. But that's only because of my own selfish reasons and I understand why the park is getting a free spin, if that's in fact what it is. It is what it is and I'm sure a freespin will be a success @ GAdv.

I know I'm being dramatic, but not knowing this year is making this feel a little like Xmas eve. All we do know is that its a coaster (if the Jersey Township board member peoples are to be believed, and I'd say they have no reason to collectively lie) but at this point it could be anything. I'm geeking a little. We're getting a new coaster (hopefully)!!!

This one is going to be much bigger than the one at SFFT with higher capacity. It would almost be like having X2.

^ Which is great. But personally, X2 - and FTR I've never even been to Magic Mountain - is one of those coasters that has never looked appealing to me. And the mixed reviews only reinforce that. I mean, maybe its great. But there is a certain type of ride I like and certain coasters that particularly appeal to me and X2 is not it. I would ride it for sure but just like the folks in the MM thread that would hope for an El Toro clone, I like the idea of Six Flags cloning a one-of-a-kind coaster that does appeal to me. Again, I feel disappointed for selfish reasons. The rumor of a Full Throttle clone or something similar made my ears perk up immediately. That looks like a great ride to me. I would love an insane giant loop in front of the lake. Simple, elegant, and lots of WOW factor.

via a member of the Connoisseurs FB Group

11913237_10204709107753364_1939875822040433644_n.jpg?oh=741253fb424e989de8cd98e0f435033c&oe=566C31F8

These are coming down a lot quicker than I thought they would.

Now please excuse me as I go laugh at the expense of The remaining few who were clinging onto the hope that the stadium would remain intact and are probably now yelling/crying over "yet another example of them pissing on the park's history".