TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Well, Total Mayhem has been confirmed as a name for a new Fright Fest haunt, so that's out. Spinsanity is terrible though. I know SF in general stinks at naming rides, but I think they've done a good job at GAdv. We're one of the only parks without a Goliath!

OH GREAT NOW YOU'VE DONE IT. Goliath SFGAdv 2016 confirmed.

The funny thing is that I've heard a rumour that this addition might indeed get that name. I honestly wouldn't mind. The name of a ride doesn't add or detract from the ride experience.

Spinsanity is a ridiculously stupid name

Superman: Krypton Coaster

Superman: Ride Of Steel

Superman: Ultimate Flight

Green Lantern: First Flight

Batman: The Ride

Batman: The Dark Knight

Wonder Woman: Lasso Of Truth

Catwoman's Whip

Lex Luthor: Drop Of Doom

Superman: Escape From Krypton

Are you picking up what I'm putting down? Six Flags SUCKS at naming things. "Intellectual Property: (Adjective/Verb) Noun" is the gameplan. Spinsanity is at least a step in the right direction.

I still think China wins in the naming department, they almost look like they were taken from RCT.

I've heard the ride's name is Titan.

I had figured that Titan was what GAdv's 2016 coaster world be named, since I assumed it was going to be a big addition. Now that's it's looking like a 4D Free Spin, I'm not sure that sounds like a "Titan" to me... But hey - this is Six Flags we're talking about here! We certainly don't expect their names to always make sense!

I have also heard mumblings about "Goliath" or "Titan" as the name for the new addition, and I could totally see them going with either. Personally, I'd rather either of those names than something superhero related. Spinsanity is lamer than lame.

Goliath or Titan are much better than some of the other suggestions on that survey they sent out. I'm pretty sure I remember XRave and Raveolution LOL. At that point they might as well really go for the teen market and call it "Dubstep Coaster"

If S&S can build a 220ft version of Batman from SFFT, I don't see how anyone could be disappointed. In fact I think it would look great adjacent to the lake. I may be in the minority, but I would rather it be a free spin than have those spinning mechanisms throughout the ride. I'm pretty darn pumped for this announcement.