TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

There's arguing over what city is better in an amusement park discussion thread? Now you guys are just throwing insults at each other because of the location the person lives in. That's embarrassing honestly.

There's arguing over what city is better in an amusement park discussion thread? Now you guys are just throwing insults at each other because of the location the person lives in. That's embarrassing honestly.

I like how they're proving my point about how crappy the people from those cities are. It's beautiful.

...we have pretzels and cheesesteak.

I didn't know Phillie was known for Pretzels. That's a thing? I guess I need to try these. Also you forgot Crab Fries. I'd have dropped the Crab Fry hammer awhile ago.

Don't mind me, while everyone else uses this thread to start a pissing match I'm using it for new food suggestions when I'm in the Phillie area (I've already discovered a lot of the great NY food).

SO WE ARE GETTING A NEW COASTER NEXT YEAR, I WONDER WHAT IT WILL BE?!?!?!

Probably something cheap

I like how they're proving my point about how crappy the people from those cities are. It's beautiful.

Where are you from thats so wonderful? If you don't mind me asking?

Where are you from thats so wonderful? If you don't mind me asking?

I grew up in Howell, NJ, 10 miles from Great Adventure.

Now I'm in Vegas working for Cirque.

Oh, Kewl! Your so much better than everyone else now that you live in Vegas:)

As to why is this argument/flame war happening on a forum for roller coasters, I may never know. Seriously, why can't we all just speculate about coasters instead of bash people because of what area of the Earth they're from.

Anyways, has anyone here been on BTR at SFFT? Is it an enjoyable ride or is it like Green Lantern at SFMM?

As to why is this argument/flame war happening on a forum for roller coasters, I may never know. Seriously, why can't we all just speculate about coasters instead of bash people because of what area of the Earth they're from.

Anyways, has anyone here been on BTR at SFFT? Is it an enjoyable ride or is it like Green Lantern at SFMM?

I haven't been on B:tR at SFFT, but I totally disagree about Green Lantern. I find it totally enjoyable. the only bad part about it is a full line filling up the complete queue would take three and a half hours. In other words, it's a capacity nightmare.

The closer we get to Sept. 3, the easier I see a 4D ride come to GAdv. The area of land matches perfectly. The only concern would be how long the line would be, but with El Toro, Nitro, and Ka in the same park, I probably wouldn't ride it unless it was on the way somewhere and with a 20 min. or less line.

While you guys have been busy with your NYC/Philly war, TPM posted that the new attraction will have two tones: red and orange. They also stated that it will have a Full Throttle-esque queue (huge tent and huge TV), and both of the names "Full Throttle" and "Spinsanity" were proposed, no word on which one got accepted, if even one of those two.

Spinsanity is a ridiculously stupid name, but then Hershey named their ride Laff Trakk so I guess anything is possible. I don't know if I said this already but I actually really like the name Total Mayhem. It's ridiculous in a good way. Not trying to be clever, just simple, loud, and over-the-top, like a good old-fashioned carnival ride. I hope that's what they stick with.

Spinsanity is a ridiculously stupid name

Superman: Krypton Coaster

Superman: Ride Of Steel

Superman: Ultimate Flight

Green Lantern: First Flight

Batman: The Ride

Batman: The Dark Knight

Wonder Woman: Lasso Of Truth

Catwoman's Whip

Lex Luthor: Drop Of Doom

Superman: Escape From Krypton

Are you picking up what I'm putting down? Six Flags SUCKS at naming things. "Intellectual Property: (Adjective/Verb) Noun" is the gameplan. Spinsanity is at least a step in the right direction.

Call me a DC/SF fanboy but I happen to like every one of those names you listed lol they're much better then Cedar Fair's ________Hawk the ride, Afterburners, Coastrider just to name a few and also much better then Spinsanity. Just saying that gives me a headache, Spinsanity ...ouch, damn it did it again lol

Agreed, I actually love the way Six Flags names these rides. Wonder Woman: Lasso of Truth just makes me laugh every time I walk by, in a good way.