TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

^I've always heard rave reviews about 4D coasters and I've always wanted to ride one myself. This newer & smaller model can bring the 4D experience to a wider variety of parks with its small footprint, and (I assume) much cheaper cost and lower maintenance.

^ I still say you're insane for thinking a 4D Free Fly is a bad ride. But hey, you're entitled to your opinion, no matter how wrong it may be.

They're not bad rides, but it's not what Great Adventure could use right now. They haven't had an original brand-new ride in nearly a decade

^^^ Ive never once said its a bad ride, as I've never ridden it. I *have* said that it *looks* like a puke machine and that I don't find it a good fit for our park, on both an aesthetic and capacity level. Hell, they may build it, and I will ride it and who knows - I may love it. It's just not what I personally would like to see get built at my home park. But I know that at the end of the day that's not my decision to make and it's not like it's going to stop me from getting a season pass to a park that has El Toro, Nitro, Zumanjaro, and a whole host of other great rides.

^^ If they run it like Fiesta Texas does, capacity will not be an issue. It may look like low output but it's a quick in-and-out in the station. Remember it's only four seats for one ride op to check per train.

It's not a puke machine in the slightest, regardless of what the videos may have you believe. I rode it a bunch when I visited SFFT earlier this year and not once did I feel disoriented or nauseous. Terrified, yeah. Completely out of control, yeah. Never anything bad, though.

^I've always heard rave reviews about 4D coasters and I've always wanted to ride one myself. This newer & smaller model can bring the 4D experience to a wider variety of parks with its small footprint, and (I assume) much cheaper cost and lower maintenance.

The 4D Free Fly is nothing like the original 4D coasters other than the fact that you're on the outside of the track and it happens to spin. They're both fun rides but they're totally different beasts. The Free Fly is much friendlier (READ - your head stays on your body) and completely unpredictable. Remember the magnetic fins only influence spin, they don't guarantee that you'll flip a certain direction at a certain point because trust me, you won't. The orignal 4D gives the same ride each time since the spin is 100% controlled.

I will say the free spins look interesting. It obviously offers an entirely unique coaster experience and for that I find them impressive. But it goes back to what would aesthetically work for this park. Not to sound like a broken record, but we have the tallest coaster, the number 1# woodie, one of the top hypers, tallest drop ride, an enormous star flyer, and a collection of solid B&Ms, etc etc etc. A free spin, even a larger model IMO doesn't fit. And while this goes back to my personal preference I can see a YOLO clone with a MASSIVE loop/tophat in front of the lake. I still have a little over a week to keep gunning for a Premier launcher. I know I"ll be disappointed, but us getting any new coaster is going to be ace and I'm excited for whatever announcement they throw on us, just really pulling for a real curve ball.

Also: not to be all correcting but we are talking about free spins, not free flys.

This is a S&S free fly:

As cool as that is, I really hope we're not getting that LOLOL.

Also: not to be all correcting but we are talking about free spins, not free flys.

This is a S&S free fly:

As cool as that is, I really hope we're not getting that LOLOL.

Yeah, I'm done here. I draw the line at pointless semantics arguments.

This actually makes me really sad. That was one of my favorite areas of the park, and my absolute favorite to get away from people and have some peace and quiet.

However, this will be a great way to move crowds to a different section of the park, which is badly needed.

It's weird how the announcement is less than two weeks away and there's no hint of what type of coaster it is, only rumors. Hopefully it isn't a 4D. There is no proof to back up any rumors about it. For example, I heard a rumor about a Premier launcher going around behind BBNP and the Log Flume somewhere but I don't remember where I saw it. There is no hard evidence of anything as of now. Also, just because demo is going on in one area doesn't mean it has to be confined to that space. So if the Grandstand is coming down, it would be a good spot for a 4D, but also a launch or brake run. So unless track shows up at the park between now and the announcement, I'm not convinced we are getting a 4D.

I was thinking something similar. Its pretty much a straight shot from the lakefront to behind BBNP and the Logflume. I would love to see a premier launched coaster head that way as well. The anouncement-of-the-announcement said that the skyline would be changed. A record breaking loop-tophat would do the trick. But I suppose a freespin would as well.

It's weird how the announcement is less than two weeks away and there's no hint of what type of coaster it is, only rumors. Hopefully it isn't a 4D. There is no proof to back up any rumors about it. For example, I heard a rumor about a Premier launcher going around behind BBNP and the Log Flume somewhere but I don't remember where I saw it. There is no hard evidence of anything as of now. Also, just because demo is going on in one area doesn't mean it has to be confined to that space. So if the Grandstand is coming down, it would be a good spot for a 4D, but also a launch or brake run. So unless track shows up at the park between now and the announcement, I'm not convinced we are getting a 4D.

Except the guest survey SF sent out proposing a 4d coaster... Just sayin.

www.screamscape.com/html/sfgadv-hyperdrive_0.htm

Except the guest survey SF sent out proposing a 4d coaster... Just sayin.

www.screamscape.com/html/sfgadv-hyperdrive_0.htm

They sent out a lot of surveys. A few years ago there was one about a red looping roller coaster that spans PDC and Frontier Adventures. Obviously that never happened. Surveys are just to test public appeal.

That may because people didn't send many good comments back about it. Knowing the GP they would've said stuff like "We already have looping coasters" and "Build something better than x ride"

If the GP sees something like a 4d coaster they'll probably respond well because they have never been on one and it's a new design.

For what its worth (Likely very little), a screenshot from the "announcement video" appeared on GAH using Yolo's animation and the name 'Total Mayham'.

Its likely that with all of these "leaks" going around that this is fake as well. However, I can certainly see GADV using Yolo's animation for the release video.

Any new attraction (in any park) that has a constant line and flow of riders is a good addition for the park. A 4D coaster will satisfy the park needs and drags people away from the other coasters.

Will you be able to marathon it? No. But that is a feature that keep customers returning to the park.