TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

^^

Looks like we dropped the ball. Pleanty of GADV attractions have been given away at these meetings. The deadline for approval is 8/31. Only a few days before the announcement. Id imagine that they are feeling rather confident this will be approved by cutting it that close.

This leads me to believe that there is going to minimal if any tree removal, absolutely not getting closer than the existing structures to the lake, and likely not going over any paths. Those are the things that the park up when dealing with the township.

Hopefully the towns posts a recap of the meeting somewhere.

Even a coaster with lighter capacity is better is better than doing nothing.

After riding Batman at SFFT today, I fully endorse adding one to SfGAdv. My typical day in the future would start with one ride on the 4D before heading over to El Toro. Capacity might be a concern, but people will leave it.

Has the community been tuned to these types of meeting minutes in previous "big" years? Have they been very telling before?

Perhaps this will start a trend where enthusiasts from all over fly in for a few weeks to the main "rumor" parks around announcement season and combine park trips with attending all the public planning meetings. In hopes for the scoop on the details.

Those crazy coaster enthusiasts.

^^ I wouldn't hold your breath over the meeting minutes. It can take upwards of a month for meeting minutes to get uploaded to their site based on the rest of the 2015 meetings. At that rate the actual announcement from Six Flags will be almost two weeks old.

^ It's helped out in the past, some years moreso than others. A planning meeting is how enthusiasts were able to confirm that the park was indeed receiving Chang as its 2011 addition.

Not to go off topic but I didnt mention this in my brief report from this weekend. Does it amaze anyone else how many people will wear a Batman/Superman T-shirt when going to the park? I'm not talking about a Six Flags shirt, I just mean a simple t-shirt with the logo on it. I must have seen at least 15 people in the two hours on Sunday. And its not the first time. Are all the other SF parks like this? LOL

Not to go off topic but I didnt mention this in my brief report from this weekend. Does it amaze anyone else how many people will wear a Batman/Superman T-shirt when going to the park? I must have seen at least 15 people in the two hours on Sunday. And its not the first time. Are all the other SF parks like this? LOL

Not to me. I wouldn't even chalk it up to it being Six Flags, I'd chalk it up to how mainstream comic books have become in today's pop culture.

There is another "Leaked Rendering" that was recently posted to Great Adventure History. This one shows a rather unrealistically large boat in the lake. This one essentially invalidates the other as it is borderline comedic.

Also, people who attended the meeting are reported that Six Flags was approved for a lake front coaster in the area previously occupied by the grandstand. They also reported that there are new bleachers/arena seating going where fort independence was. I don't know how accurate these reports are, but they are reports. So time will tell.

^

LOL I think most locals would happily give up:

Dark Knight

Green Lantern

Ultimate Flight

Road Runner Railway

in exchange for New Texas Giant. But doesn't seem like a fair trade for Texas imo, and no you cannot have Skull Mountain.