TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Plus, who else is making quality drop towers in the industry?

Larson, though they're not known for their capacity.

With Six Flags' current business model, even if the Larson towers are better rides, they're more often than not gonna go for the "OMFGZZ BIGGEST FASTEST DROP RIDE EVAR!!!!1!!!111!!!11" just to claim some records because that's what GrAdv visitors have come to expect.

I give them credit though, out of all the useless records they've claimed, they've never gone for the "tied for world's steepest drop ride." That would be entertaining.

Is the possibility of an Intamin Blitz Coaster coming to our park high? I've been sing it pop up alot lately. I'd be so happy if we got one, because Maverick is one of my favorite coasters.

Extremely unlikely. And where have you seen this mentioned before?

I saw it in a different forum not on this site. I also saw it on social media and in a youtube video.

Is the possibility of an Intamin Blitz Coaster coming to our park high? I've been sing it pop up alot lately. I'd be so happy if we got one, because Maverick is one of my favorite coasters.

Extremely unlikely. And where have you seen this mentioned before?

I saw it in a different forum not on this site. I also saw it on social media and in a youtube video.

Ah, gotcha. I wouldn't put much stock into it, but I'd welcome a blitz with open arms.

I think a giga or a 4D like X2 (Supposedly S&S can now offer this type at a more affordable price according to an interview at IAAPA) would be the perfect addition for Gradv.

If they don't want to break the bank, I think a Premier multi-launcher (ala FuII Throttle but bigger) would suit the park just fine. Not sure if Gradv is soured by the Chiller debacle though.

^ I am really pulling for a Premier launcher. I can't wait for the announcement, now that other parks are doing their own. Speculation for all of the SF parks is very very quiet this year.

I know I am in the minority and part of me feels like there absolutely no chance but I hope the park pulls out a really nice surprise. I know I'm setting myself up for complete disappointment. It would be different than anything we have, and imagine a giant vertical loop (obviously bigger than Throttle because records, yo) looking fantastic at the end of Main Street and in front of the lake. Also it just seems like such a huge amount of space they are freeing up that I am praying its for something other/larger than a freespin. (Yeah I know its rumored we're supposed to get the bigger model, its still a huge amount of space for even that).

I personally just have little interest in the freespins, they look like puke machines to me, and not that the capacity is considerably better/worse than Full Throttle, it just doesn't seem as good a fit as a full course coaster for this park. In addition, I would love if the park had another (not so intense) launcher besides the insanity that is Kingda Ka.

So they are knocking down both the lakefront stand and the arena? Cause thats alot of space for just a 4d spinner unless they are gonna put like some stands or food stuff over there.

Whatever it is I dont care, something new is coming next year thats all that matters, if its something big thats cool, if its a 4d spinner I'm fine with that.

I'm wondering if they're gonna start refreshing areas of the park, beginning with the lake front. Decent theming, new/refreshed food venues, and of course a new ride to anchor the area. The last new area was Plaza Del Carnival with El Toro. I think when Six Flags does this method, it generally turns out fairly decent, SFMM being the latest example of this with the Screampunk District. I'm guessing it's going to be the larger 4D freespin with a refreshed lakefront.

I'm wondering if they're gonna start refreshing areas of the park, beginning with the lake front. Decent theming, new/refreshed food venues, and of course a new ride to anchor the area. The last new area was Plaza Del Carnival with El Toro. I think when Six Flags does this method, it generally turns out fairly decent, SFMM being the latest example of this with the Screampunk District. I'm guessing it's going to be the larger 4D freespin with a refreshed lakefront.

Adventure Alley was technically a new area in 2012, although it was more of just a new set of flats and a Skyscreamer to bring more foot traffic, not much in the way of theming or refreshments.

I hope that SFGAdv will not get one of these 4D coasters, the capacity is not very good. I also didn't really like the one at SFFT, I found it pretty uncomfortable, the vest restraints locked like the B&M wing coasters, but we're even more uncomfortable. If any park gets one of these, I hope it's a small park that hasn't gotten much lately. Maybe SFA or SFStl? SFM even? I don't know.

^ You're insane. Those are the most comfortable seats I've ever been in. Also, you must have visited on a bad day because capacity was fantastic when I visited. They were running four trains, loading two while two were on the course. They never stacked.

I hope that SFGAdv will not get one of these 4D coasters, the capacity is not very good. I also didn't really like the one at SFFT, I found it pretty uncomfortable, the vest restraints locked like the B&M wing coasters, but we're even more uncomfortable. If any park gets one of these, I hope it's a small park that hasn't gotten much lately. Maybe SFA or SFStl? SFM even? I don't know.

I didn't have the same experience you had on Batman 4D in SFFT. I rode it opening weekend and thought it was an awesome coaster. The line moved very fast and loading and unloading moved along great. There's not a capacity issue on this ride, well, at least from what I experienced. I got five rides in fairly quickly. The vest restraints were not uncomfortable either...well, atleast not to me. I'm a large 250 lb 6'4 guy, and I thought the seats were very comfortable. The vest restraints didn't seem tight at all to me like they did on Gatekeeper at CP. SFGAdv would love this coaster...It's fun and unique. I'd also like to see a larger version of it...The one at SFFT is kinda short and over before you know it. I guess that's why the line moves so fast on it.

Sorry to disappoint you guys, I just didn't like it! I had high hopes of liking it, I watched the Schilke interview where he talks about how comfortable and smooth it is, and with my single ride, I didn't find it to be that. The hard plastic seats with the ever-tightening restraints (similar to when a car seatbelt ratchets) against my collar bones made nearly the whole experience unenjoyable. It didn't help that my car was stuck on the brake run for no less than 10 minutes while the coaster broke down. I was stuck in those awful restraints much longer than I wanted. I was hoping this would be like an improved version of Green Lantern, but I was not impressed. The train ran smooth, but the flips didn't feel right to me, it was all very jerky and uncomfortable. The coaster was also constantly breaking down all day. It also had by far the longest line in the park. I just don't see it fitting in well at SFGAdv.

I hate complaining about rides (I loved every other coaster at SFFT that wasn't a boomerang), but I really don't think this is a good coaster.

Maybe you just rode it on a bad day. Coasters are funny that way. Maybe this new one at SFGAdv will be better for you. I have a feeling it's coming, so you better get used to it.

I was at SFFT and SFGAdv this year, and while SFGAdv has more rides, I'd put SFFT over SFGAdv any day. SFFT is an awesome park. My favorite of all the SF parks I've been too so far.

Going to the park labor day weekend... Saturday... ( i know labor day Monday typically aren't bad but I'm preparing for the worst on Saturday) just curious about the merge points on Ka, Jaro, Nitro, and toro. How long are the lines from the merge point?

Also I know as a general rule wait until you get to the park before getting a flash pass, problem is I won't be at the park until 3 or 4 or so. Do they typically sell out on busy days or should I buy ahead of time? Or since it's the evening ish the crowds won't be as bad? Any advice would be appreciated.

My one friend who lives in Texas told me that he had a bad experience on Batman as well. He said on one of the inversions, he slammed on the restraint and it was pretty painful. I think that because each cycle is unique, some rides will be rougher than others. Some may have inversions in areas where others don't, and it could be a little uncomfortable.

I am pretty disappointed if this is truly the addition, because SF can do so much better. I know that their financial status is not the greatest, but Great Adventure is not a park that deserves a smaller scale ride like this. It's about time that they get something large again.

Going to the park labor day weekend... Saturday... ( i know labor day Monday typically aren't bad but I'm preparing for the worst on Saturday) just curious about the merge points on Ka, Jaro, Nitro, and toro. How long are the lines from the merge point?

Also I know as a general rule wait until you get to the park before getting a flash pass, problem is I won't be at the park until 3 or 4 or so. Do they typically sell out on busy days or should I buy ahead of time? Or since it's the evening ish the crowds won't be as bad? Any advice would be appreciated.

I'm assuming that by merge point you're referring to where the Flash Pass entrance places you in line, right? If so, each of the four attractions you listed have their FP entrances place you essentially right into the station, so it'll give you roughly just a station wait. Zumanjaro would be just one ride cycle, the other three attractions it will depend on how crowded the stations are.

Play it safe - buy ahead of time. Waiting to buy at the park really only applies when there's a chance the park is dead. That will not happen that weekend.