TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Six Flags is horrendous at customer service... It's almost funny how bad they are.

Out of curiosity does anyone have any phone number or extension for anyone at any park in the entire chain or the corporate office where somebody might actually be willing to assist someone who's been trying for 2 hours to figure out how to give them almost $400?

I'm trying to get a VIP Safari tour for my girlfriend for her birthday and I can't do it. The checkout link on the website doesn't work and the phone number is jut a recording that says to go on the website that doesn't work. I've used the get a human app, dialed every park in the chain and the corporate office hoping maybe they could transfer me and haven't managed to speak to a human... I said I wanted to bring a group of over 100 people when prompted hoping they could transfer me and they didn't even answer and actually the phone just hung up... I give up!

Anyone have a number that works? This is ridiculous. And it's between 9 and 5 on a weekday lol.

Six Flags is horrendous at customer service... It's almost funny how bad they are.

Out of curiosity does anyone have any phone number or extension for anyone at any park in the entire chain or the corporate office where somebody might actually be willing to assist someone who's been trying for 2 hours to figure out how to give them almost $400?

I'm trying to get a VIP Safari tour for my girlfriend for her birthday and I can't do it. The checkout link on the website doesn't work and the phone number is jut a recording that says to go on the website that doesn't work. I've used the get a human app, dialed every park in the chain and the corporate office hoping maybe they could transfer me and haven't managed to speak to a human... I said I wanted to bring a group of over 100 people when prompted hoping they could transfer me and they didn't even answer and actually the phone just hung up... I give up!

Anyone have a number that works? This is ridiculous. And it's between 9 and 5 on a weekday lol.

Did you try the ol' "Dial 0 for the operator" trick?

Also, what part of the checkout process didn't work? I simulated it here at work and got all the way to the point where I'd put in my credit card number. Could it be just your browser?

Edited by michaellynn4

Just confirming you tried 732-928-2000 x2838? That's Guest Relations.

In other news, the construction fences have gone up, surrounding Aqua Stadium.

No matter what's coming in its place, it'll certainly be a much different view without the stadium sitting at the end of the entrance path. A little sad, but it's certainly past its prime now. Bring on the new!!

Just confirming you tried 732-928-2000 x2838? That's Guest Relations.

Yup, and no luck with the dial 0 trick.

My issue is with the cart, It can't find the VIP tour even when clicking the direct link. Do I need to be on a PC? There's a mobile cart but maybe it just sucks. Lol

Ah, you're correct. It doesn't work with mobile browser.

sfgadv3.thumb.PNG.97ae7bad5b8b4073aca1c2fed9e7d776.PNG

That's weird. You'd think SF would make sure they're able to take your money regardless of what platform you're using.

Okay so I'm new here, but I've been hearing all this speculation about the S&S free-spin at the lake front. As much as i'd rather this not happen and we'd get something better, i used google earth to see how it would fit. The diagram of the coaster shows the footprint is 280ft wide and i included pictures to show how it compares to the lakefront. The coaster is small enough to either fit in the grandstands footprint or fort independence's footprint. (the size of the lines/ footprints are circled in orange of where the coaster could fit.) If they are removing everything along the lakefront and we end up getting the free-spin, we're either going to have a lot of space to include other things such as flats (I hope) or retail and food locations, or we're just going to have a lot of empty space. Hopefully we get option number 1 with new flats, retail locations, and food offerings.

545887793_ScreenShot2015-07-06at6_31_08PM.thumb.png.098e6acf62abf09eb05eea72a4a4567e.png

Fort Independence footprint (line made to fit coaster width of 280ft)

1639391730_ScreenShot2015-07-06at6_32_31PM.thumb.png.39cdd166ef88d5ee649e082b568d9fbc.png

Grandstand footprint (line made to fit coaster width of 280ft)

1470819004_ScreenShot2015-07-06at6_36_09PM.png.241643fabb8ab6f1af9781d310cfe25c.png

Free-spin diagram from S&S website (shows footprint of 280ft)

It is one of those rare cases where I actually wouldn't mind open space...as long as the open space is in the Grandstand's spot. It would be really nice to get an open view of the lake. I also wouldn't mind some flats or a restaurant, assuming the 4D takes up the Fort.

Okay so I'm new here, but I've been hearing all this speculation about the S&S free-spin at the lake front. As much as i'd rather this not happen and we'd get something better, i used google earth to see how it would fit. The diagram of the coaster shows the footprint is 280ft wide and i included pictures to show how it compares to the lakefront. The coaster is small enough to either fit in the grandstands footprint or fort independence's footprint. (the size of the lines/ footprints are circled in orange of where the coaster could fit.) If they are removing everything along the lakefront and we end up getting the free-spin, we're either going to have a lot of space to include other things such as flats (I hope) or retail and food locations, or we're just going to have a lot of empty space. Hopefully we get option number 1 with new flats, retail locations, and food offerings.

Not my thing.....but so be it! If others like it, great! Guess I'm old/ getting too old- as height and speed is my thing, not twists, turns, etc......

It is one of those rare cases where I actually wouldn't mind open space...

Without getting further into speculation (because some of it it's starting to border on ridiculous at this point), I think I'm most excited for this, too. Is going to be interesting seeing the new open view past where the stadium is used to be. I'm a big fan of openness.

Looking at potentially visiting Saturday night for my first visit of the season. I noticed the 7-11 ert on the website. Anyone know what coasters may be running for the event? Also thinking of bringing someone with me.. Anyone done this event before? How long can I expect to wait, considering it is less than three hours?

My girlfriend, brother, and a few friends went to the park last night (I couldn't make it due to work). They all raved about Namtab - said it was a really great twist on a classic. I'm excited to try it out myself soon!

Edited by michaellynn4

Does the park have day-use lock.ers that allows you to open and close them throughout the day (ie, rather than the singl use ride ones).

If so, and there are multiple choices, which one has the most strategic location?

The only ones I know of are directly outside of the main entrance gates on the right-hand side. Everything else in the park is "single-rider" design. It's actually not not that bad of a location (centralized), but it can be a bit of a pain to have to go through the hand-stamp entrance multiple times should you need to access it throughout the day. Unless it's something important that you would need to access at some point in the day and really can't carry it around with you, just leave it in the car.

Does the park have day-use lock.ers that allows you to open and close them throughout the day (ie, rather than the singl use ride ones).

If so, and there are multiple choices, which one has the most strategic location?

The only ones I know of are directly outside of the main entrance gates on the right-hand side. Everything else in the park is "single-rider" design. It's actually not not that bad of a location (centralized), but it can be a bit of a pain to have to go through the hand-stamp entrance multiple times should you need to access it throughout the day. Unless it's something important that you would need to access at some point in the day and really can't carry it around with you, just leave it in the car.

We are taking the bus

Yes they do

IMG_20150707_113605.thumb.jpg.786e751a31b109cac5afa06373dd85dd.jpg

My girlfriend, brother, and a few friends went to the park last night (I couldn't make it due to work). They all raved about Namtab - said it was a really great twist on a classic. I'm excited to try it out myself soon!

It is great! Too bad I was slightly "hungover" Saturday am when I went on it....as my body wasn't up for what it experienced!

^ Agreed. It surprised the hell out of me, much more enjoyable than I expected. I am really looking forward to getting back up there and trying different seats.

Just leaving the park now, I was able to ride Namtab twice in the back (front?) and it was pretty freakin nuts, especially the visual of seeing the track backwards. The park was also empty an we got to ride plenty.

Thats where the positive part ends for this report. Probably because I was at Busch Gardens Williamsburg a week ago I felt inclined to compare Six Flags to it. What I think it was is Busch Gardens just really enhancing how disgusting Great Adventure is because its the first park I've visited since Busch.

1.) Trash was everywhere. The amount of visible trash underneath Kingda Ka's station is absolutely appalling. Nitro's station might as well be an abandoned junk yard or something cause there was weeds growing everywhere as well as graffiti everywhere. Oh wait thats not just Nitro, thats every ride in the park's station. The front of Green Lantern's train was covered in 5 hour old bird crap, I mean come on.

2.) Despite being empty every single ride stacked numerous trains with barely anyone in the station.

3.) Saw some line jumping on Kingda Ka. A girl literally climbed one of the fake stones, over a fence and into the station. Park security did nothing until WE informed them.

I've been a season pass holder for 10 years. Have a Six Flags day.

Edited by Jcoaster