TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Kinda random, but there's a survey up on Six Flags asking about potential events like a Gaming Convention, Comic Con, Spring Fright Fest, and even Tomato Fight (like the ones in Spain). I personally think a Comic Con type event where they'd bring in actors from The Flash or the upcoming Justice League movies would be so awesome!! I really hope they attempt something like that considering New York Comic Con sold out in seconds this year haha

Here's the survey: http://feedback.sixflags.com/AdvisoryPanel/finish.aspx?sc=R12525755806

I just think everyone is jumping the gun a bit. The park just opened their 13th coaster and we already talking about next year. Lets just let this new coaster sink in a bit before moving on to next year.

What thirteenth coaster? The last coaster that they built was in 2011.

I just think everyone is jumping the gun a bit. The park just opened their 13th coaster and we already talking about next year. Lets just let this new coaster sink in a bit before moving on to next year.

What thirteenth coaster? The last coaster that they built was in 2011.

And it wasn't even "new"

I hope not a batman clone. People will love it, but personally I'd ride teacups if I wanted to spin and puke. Coasters to me should feel like I'm covering some sort of distance.
Flipping is different from spinning. Spinning messes with your vertigo much more to make you nauseous. Being upside down and flipping around is easier to handle, and really doesn't make the ride a spin and puke like many think it would.

I wouldn't be surprised if a 4D free spin showed up at Gradv, simply because I think Six Flags is going to put them in several parks. I can see SFOG, SFGAM, SFStl, SFGradv,SFDK, SFM, and possibly SFA receiving them at some point. It's an inexpensive ride that takes up a very small footprint and it's getting rave reviews at Fiesta Texas so far.

Edited by Superbatboy

Whats the difference between the S&S freefly and the S&S freespin? i hear people talking about both and i dont know what the exact difference is between them.

Whoops I meant 4D free spin which is the one at Fiesta Texas.

The free fly is Tranan in Sweden

I was wondering the same thing about the lack of turns. Perhaps they are trying to market them as compact, budget coasters. Their tiny footprint allows almost any park to find room for it.

The only worry I have about a freespin at GADV is capacity. The park is full of people eaters and there are still 1-2 hour waits for everything in the summer. A 4D coaster on the lake would be massively popular and I am not confident that a freespin would able to handle those kinds of crowds.

Anyone who has ever waited for SUF can tell you that GADV really cant handle anything but great capacity.

Now I'm imagining a free spin with a fully realized out-and-back layout complete with twists and airtime hills (made possible because S&S can use magnets to limit where on the track the cars can spin) and I have to stop because it's too depressing because it'll never happen.

Alan schilke said in an interview that turns aren't possible in the design just yet due to the mechanics of the ride--turns add laterals, which make things much more complicated with free spinning, unlike X2, which is controlled spinning, therefore allowing turns. I assume keeping the layout on one plane makes the ride millions cheaper, as well.

You are crazy for going on Memorial Day sunday, thats a no no. Nice Memorial Day sunday the park is gonna be packed.

Not really crazy, I usually stop by the park from 10:30-12:30 on Memorial Day Sunday since I'm in the area for a friend's BBQ every year. I just don't ever recall it being this bad on a Memorial Day Sunday. Cars were still lined up past the WaWa trying to enter the park when I left.