TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

There were a lot more school groups in the park on Friday compared to the past 2 weeks. Lines still weren't that bad though except for some reason Skull Mountain had around 30 minute wait when I walked past it. El Toro was also running 1 train for part of the day but they added a 2nd train later. Nitro was dispatching trains very fast with barely any stacking.

I thought Zumanjaro was going to open since they had someone at the entrance with the height check stick compared to the past 2 weeks when they had no one there with the entrance chained off with a ride closed sign and there was a line forming but it never opened.

Went Friday morning with my cousins before they had to work, in 25 years I've gotten season passes I've never seen that many school groups in my life. Half the parking lot was roped off for buses. The whole gate was school trip kids, thankfully with a pass we were able to go right in.

We tried to bang out new ride but of course it was having problems and wasnt open so we hit up Toro and Bizzaro a few times, they were dead cause all the bus kids didnt get in the park yet.

But we had to leave before they got the ride operating.

Heard the rumor is next year they will put in a launch wing coaster like Thunderbird at Holiday World. The rumor says it will be where the Chiller used to be.

I'd be ok with that, they need something new and big next year. little flat ride and drop tower is cool and can hold you over for a few years but now is the time for something big.

Where is the proof it was going to shoot fire? Sounds like just wildly inaccurate and whiny post from lightning loops.

I'm 90% sure he was joking.

I realize he may have been trying to make a joke, and that's why Robb has these It helps prevents people from misinterpreting other people's posts and looking stupid.

Went to the park today, but picked probably the worst day yet. Park was slammed, full of Catholic youth groups and triathlon runners. Waited almost an hour for El Diablo only for it to break down when I was next to ride. Wandered around for a while to take in some of the changes since I last went a month ago, but I ended up just saying screw it and left.

El Diablo looks good in person and seems like a win for the park. Too bad I had bad luck today with it. Oh well, maybe some other time.

Heard the rumor is next year they will put in a launch wing coaster like Thunderbird at Holiday World. The rumor says it will be where the Chiller used to be.

I'd be ok with that, they need something new and big next year. little flat ride and drop tower is cool and can hold you over for a few years but now is the time for something big.

I'm not sure that were going to see another launched wing-coaster so soon. I'm sure in typical B&M fashion they are going to want to keep an eye out for kinks that will show up in Thunderbird before building another model. This is their absolute first attempt with this tech, and something tells me they will tread cautiously with it.

Needless to say, with Great Adventure's history with launched coasters, I could see them seeking out a B&M launched for it's capacity and reliability. Neither Kingda Ka or Chiller were exactly maintenance friendly. While I'd rather see a Premier take a whack at a modern giant launcher, I could definitely see the park taking the B&M launched route. I guess that really tramples my dreams of a Maverick like coaster

I can't wait until we actually see solid evidence that we're getting a coaster. Then I'll lock in my prediction. Because right now, this is just (highly) educated guesswork (still interesting though)

Very true, although I think it is 99% likely. Every park in the chain except SFSTL and La Ronde has gotten something new or maked over since 2011, when GAdv got GL. Before that, it had been 5 years since their last major coaster, El Toro. Some parks like SFGAm, SFMM, SFFT and SFNE have received multiple coasters. Considering GAdv is arguably the biggest cash cow in the chain, I'd say it is almost a given with the markings on the lake and in Old Country that something substantial is coming.

Based on what I have read on this discussion board, markings, etc.....I would agree that both areas will be upgraded. And with such "early" ongoings in these areas in 2015- I would expect a significant coaster being added.

As excited as I would be if we get a legitimate coaster next year, I would just be satisfied if we got a wooden coaster to fill the gap that was left behind by Rolling Thunder. I bet we could have enough room for a small GCI or something like that, nothing earth-shattering like El Toro or anything. Oh well, all we can do is wait until late August for the official announcement I guess.

The park already has several high-capacity rides - not everything needs to be. Keep in mind that the S&S Free Fly SFFT got this year was one of the most talked about rides across the internet this year, and not just among coaster enthusiasts. Everywhere I looked, my non-coaster friends were sharing related articles or videos of that coaster. Sure, it may not be a people eater like Nitro, but I wouldn't doubt for a second that a similar addition at SFGAdv would be successful, especially if they get the larger model S&S offers. A unique ride experience shouldn't be sacrificed simply because of capacity.

I'm failing to see how the potential addition of an S&S 4D, especially since the one at SFFT is getting rave reviews, would be "unfortunate". It looks like a great ride, and I would welcome one here with open arms. So long as it's the larger model.

I'd like to see one at GAdv simply to geek out on the technology in the trains. They're beautifully engineered, and it seems that effort plays a particularly large roll in the positive response. Simple concept, difficult to perfect ... looks like they've done it.

I'd be extra ticket to get one of these at great adventure.... I do agree that it would need to be a larger version... Capacity is always an issue at great adventure...

It would be great to see this in the enchanted forest as an addition to the marvel universe area, I'm still hoping for a beautiful mid sized woodie near the lake....

I'm failing to see how the potential addition of an S&S 4D, especially since the one at SFFT is getting rave reviews, would be "unfortunate". It looks like a great ride, and I would welcome one here with open arms. So long as it's the larger model.

Whats the larger model, is that like the X2 coaster? Cause that would be awesome if they put that in.

And 720 an hour is theoretical meaning they will actually get 500 if they are lucky. And I agree with you that every ride doesn't need to be high capacity but what good is this great awesome coaster that gets world attention if when you go the lines are in upwards of 4 to 5 hours? I mean look at when they debuted the safari the lines were astronomical because of the low capacity.

I just think everyone is jumping the gun a bit. The park just opened their 13th coaster and we already talking about next year. Lets just let this new coaster sink in a bit before moving on to next year.