TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

This is a bit off topic but if this new addition happens to be a coaster, I hope the next addition after that is some sort of water ride. The park desperately needs a new one with the Log Flume and Congo Rapids being horribly outdated. I mean, I would love even a refurbishment of both rides.

So everyone just automatically assumes a roller coaster is going in now?

I think, given the progress we've already seen, that a new coaster is the odds on favourite for 2016. Work wouldn't start this early for a flat ride. Unless they're getting Justice League and are erecting a show building from scratch.

I think there is a chance we might see an S&S freefly. A good chance. The run from the grandstand to Fort independance is a big, stright, line. Its about the right amount of space needed for a bigger model. Let's not rule out how marketable "Giant 4D Coaster on the Lake" is of a description.

Far from my first choice but it seems plausible.

^ That's my guess as well. Not my first choice either, but the existence of the rumour that GAdv was supposed to get the one that went to Fiesta Texas makes me believe it's coming next year.

^ I think the reason everyone is so sure of it is that they would never start working this early on anything else.

Also co-sign on the S&S free spin. I'm basically convinced that's what we're getting at this point. Right in front of the lake.

A few more photos of markings all along the lakefront that were posted on the Six Flags Great Adventure Connoisseurs page, taken over the weekend:

10407975_10206660277896034_5172772706345839055_n.jpg?oh=954c8b0d9f52e98ce36fbd42c15b94ef&oe=55C67D08

11209582_10206660277616027_7829240182848757649_n.jpg?oh=57ab0f7952e17ec812259b9998b8c181&oe=55C165F0

11212744_10206660278096039_3383328590591507544_n.jpg?oh=3f0d54dfc390d4fc493be5bf64cd4cbc&oe=55D1AF9B

11071512_10206660278456048_5331473043006121704_n.jpg?oh=7026adfc6cc8c9c7bc2610740fb8e97a&oe=56060C79

One thing that is very odd to me is that Old Country was marked up as well, with surveying and markings stretching over by the water tower. The new fenced pathway in Old Country/removal of Musik Express as well as the closed Fort Independence just fuel speculation for both areas.

So, either these markings are HITP related or we will see some action in both areas next season. My best guess would be S&S freefly on the lakefront with a general refurbishment of Old Country.

^ That strikes me as odd, too. I heard they plan on using the theatre in Old Country for HITP, so perhaps they're renovating Old Country for Holiday in the Park, while simultaneously building a coaster in Lakefront. Whatever happens, I'm just excited that it seems that something big is coming to GAdv.

Well consider 2 things:

1. the coasters/rides they announced *should* be open for HITP (Batman, Nitro, DarkKnight, Skull Mountain, Sky Screamer, Giant Wheel, etc). It would be make sense for them to put the HITP attractions in the Old Country area since its an area ripe for redevelopment and right in the middle of what "should" be open for that event. Also didn't I see something about how Chiller's station/queue would NOT be used for Fright Fest this year as it has in years past?

And 2. that post that surfaced here a while back about how the lakefront would look completely different in the future - and if I recall correctly - would offer great photo opportunities? Or something to that effect?

I might be totally wrong, but I think - coaster (S&S Freespin) on the lakefront, HITP in Old Country.

Is it possible SOME of these markings are for the solar farm?

I would love to see something other than an S&S free spin near the lake... I always liked the idea of a woodie next to the lake (like Raven at Holiday World). I'm not complaining too have something like that at out park, but when you look at the line up, a medium woodie is really what is missing....

Maybe, just maybe, they realize that, and they know that they can't build it on a year by its own, since lines would be insane for a small addition... So maybe it's both a woodie near the lake and something bigger near the old chiller station! An S&S free spin doesn't seem like a high ticket item co paired to some of the other rides built lately...

^ Anything is possible, so yes.

And agreed, consider me in the camp that would prefer not to get a freespin. They look cool and all but as far as personal preferences I'd MUCH rather see an RMC or even a Premier launcher. But really at the end of the day any new coaster will draw crowds from El Toro so I don't really care what it is.

Following en route with the speculation of an S&S Free Fly, does anyone know how much space those markings(as shown by boldikus) are covering? Tranan in Sweden takes up about 230' by 160' (70m x 49m).

Here is the footprint for Tranan. I know the rides won't be exactly the same, but being a coaster that's only been built once, it's pertinent to include.

I think an RMC by the lake, especially with brown track like Outlaw Run, would look beautiful by the lake. I can envision an inverting stall like Goliath's being the perfect photo op along that lake.

However, it is a very, very thin portion of land. Unless they rip up that entire pathway, I just can't see an RMC running along the lake. I know there is that penninsula near Fort Independence that could give them a lot more space, but I am not sure if it is too swampy to build anything major on. A bigger/more expanded free spin isn't my first choice, but it does fit that strip of land and would definitely add to the lineup's variety.

Huh? Maybe I'm completely off here, but I thought the speculation was an S&S Free Spin (not Freefly), like Fiesta Texas is getting.

You are right. My mistake. I can't read apparently. At any rate, I wouldn't mind either, Although, I do believe a free spin would work better.

I would love it if they enhance the Lakefront themeing to really bring the pirate vibe out a bit more. Think about it, these are some of the rides already there:

- Blackbeard's Lost Treasure Train

- Jolly Roger

- Swashbuckler

- Buccaneer

- Skull Mountain

I'm usually the first one to dismiss any "wouldn't it be great if the park did..." comments because of their tendency to lack any grasp of reality, but they're already half-way there on this one. All it's really missing is a marquee attraction and a little more cohesiveness and we're in business.

Alhthough I am not a fan of these types of rides, El Diablo looks great!

Dear Six Flags,

See how nice things look with big mature trees near by? I hope your planning on leaving most of those treeless by the lake, because taking them all out would be a pity...

Love,

Everyone who breaths oxygen

^ I'm sure with all the drama that NJ environmental groups are creating over the solar farm project, SFGAdv is going to avoid removing as many other trees as possible, especially those nice ones from the middle area of the park.