TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

I have a question somewhat related to the current discussion. Does anyone know if The Chiller is still in storage at Beto Carrero World? Rcdb still lists it as in storage, but that could be due to a lack of current information.

Can someone answer this question? I've been wondering about this for a while too.

I have a question somewhat related to the current discussion. Does anyone know if The Chiller is still in storage at Beto Carrero World? Rcdb still lists it as in storage, but that could be due to a lack of current information.

Can someone answer this question? I've been wondering about this for a while too.

Last I heard it was still in storage. I could be wrong though, even that was awhile ago.

As for a new coaster, I would like something else besides a B&M to shake it up. That being said, I'd accept a launched wing coaster from them.

I think in a perfect world, an Intamin giga like I305 would round out GADV's collection perfectly. GADV would be neck and neck with Cedar Point In terms of line up.

Since the odds of getting a giga are pretty terrible, a more realistic wish would be anything in the vein of Maverick. The park clearly knows that El Toro is a serious win for the park and might want to incorporate the fast and furious motif in their next next steel addition.

Something tells me that if SIX FLAGS of all companies is getting started this early, it's going to be a serious addition. Old Country has the picknick groves that could easily be moved to the vacant parking lot near the old safari entrance to make space for a large coaster. It would also have great curb appeal by the entrance.

The addition of El Diablo doesn't exactly take up much space, especially on the footprint of where Rolling Thunder was. Would it be entirely out of the question that something could be placed towards the far end of where RT was? It could expand the Golden Kingdom, in all honesty.

If they were to do something there, I would love to see SFGAdv give a racing launcher (Chiller-esque) another chance (even though they won't). What do you think could go there?

I'm calling a GT-X hypercoaster from Chance or Intamin Mega-lite. Not too big, not to small.

Ps. Intamin can build their Giga up to 492 feet if you fork up the dough so if that's the model they are going for here's to hoping they shatter the current record of 325 feet and go for at least 425 feet.

Edited by Swede

EDIT: I just looked it up. There are four in the world, none in America. It would be one hell of an addition.

Yes. They are a seriously amazing ride.

Edited by Swede

If there is anyone who would like to be considered to cover Six Flags Great Adventure's media day for TPR on May 14th, please send an email to robbalvey@themeparkreview.com with the following information:

- Full Name

- TPR Screen Name

- Are you a Club TPR Member? (You don't have to be, but please let us know)

- Age/Sex/Location

- Phone number

- Photo of yourself

- Links to your social media pages (facebook, twitter, instagram, etc)

- Please put "SFGAdv Media Day" in the subject.

Looking for someone who can report on the media day, send us pictures, do a trip report, video, and possibly an enthusiastic rider cam.

Note that this is NOT an open invitation to attend the media day. You must email us to be considered. We are only looking for a couple of people to attend.

Please email me ASAP!

Edited by robbalvey

Last I heard it was still in storage. I could be wrong though, even that was awhile ago.

As for a new coaster, I would like something else besides a B&M to shake it up. That being said, I'd accept a launched wing coaster from them.

FYI (and you probably know), there's a thread on Beto Carrero World:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1199605

Nothing reported since August 2013.

Where did this rumor of a launched winged coaster come from? Is it just enthusiasts crossing their fingers and wishing?

Screamscape.

And I'll bet dollars to donuts that Screamscape got it from enthusiasts crossing their fingers and wishing.

Where did this rumor of a launched winged coaster come from? Is it just enthusiasts crossing their fingers and wishing?

Screamscape.

And I'll bet dollars to donuts that Screamscape got it from enthusiasts crossing their fingers and wishing.

Yea I know the screamcape guy likes to make things up. I was just answering schotj's question.

Screamscape.

Yea I know the screamcape guy likes to make things up. I was just answering schotj's question.

He doesn't make things up, at least not often (and when he does, he makes it known, ie. "What if..."). He posts rumors that are sent to him (and usually states this), which is what most of his readers would prefer, vs. him trying to decide which rumors to post and which not to.

Screamscape.

He doesn't make things up, at least not often (and when he does, he makes it known, ie. "What if..."). He posts rumors that are sent to him (and usually states this), which is what most of his readers would prefer, vs. him trying to decide which rumors to post and which not to.

I had a big long post ready to go, then my computer conked out on me. Here's it condensed.

Not saying he's making it up either (and not implying that you were perpetrating this either, Genx24), but that this is potential misrepresentation of facts. For example, we're speculating about a Wing coaster because of the survey equipment we're seeing. If he's just reporting our convo as the rumor, he then gives it an aura of legitimacy because of his site's reputation. We then go see him report that a rumor exists about it and start believing it even more, giving weight to something that didn't have anything more than speculation behind it to begin with.

If he has OTHER info (an insider, etc) that can support it, great. I don't see anything about it in his post, though. Therefore, it's imperative that people recognize this is what it is, just speculation, and not give any extra weight to it simply because it's on Screamscape now, too.