TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Anyway: anyone at the park today? I had to say no a trip today, and I'm wondering if it's crowded or not to determine if I should get mad at myself or not.

I'll post about crowd levels in about an hour after I get to the park. I purposely chose today over yesterday since it is supposed to be about 20 degrees cooler today and I hoped crowds would be lower today.

^^ I am relaxed, just wish I could have gone today so I got a little frustrated. Sorry if I came off angry.

^ Thanks. I was thinking today would be pretty crowded because it's just so nice out, but you're right about the cooler temps potentially keeping people away.

The park isn't too crowded. Nitro was 30 minutes, Batman was a 1 train wait, Skull Mountain looks to be about 15 minutes.

The park is emptying out at around 5, SUF and Green Lantern both 1 train waits, Zumanjaro 2 cycle wait

^^ I am relaxed, just wish I could have gone today so I got a little frustrated. Sorry if I came off angry.

^ Thanks. I was thinking today would be pretty crowded because it's just so nice out, but you're right about the cooler temps potentially keeping people away.

It's all good:)

I love catching parks on those perfect days when people are scared off! That day when storms are expected and all you get is an overcast! It's hit or miss. The last few years I have missed most of the time! Thank God for Fast Pass!!

The only time I hate sitting in brake runs are on flyers, Being faced down isn't the most comfortable position at any time.

See, I literally think B&M flyers are the comfiest things ever, like if I could replace my bed with a single flyer seat, and have it suspend me face down. I would probably sleep 10x better. I love it. Then again, I'm weird and I like pressure on my body when I sleep, which is basically B&M flyers.

See, I literally think B&M flyers are the comfiest things ever, like if I could replace my bed with a single flyer seat, and have it suspend me face down. I would probably sleep 10x better. I love it. Then again, I'm weird and I like pressure on my body when I sleep, which is basically B&M flyers.

I feel that way with Enterprises... If I were rich I'd buy an enterprise and sleep on that instead of a bed. lol

Forecast for Friday is looking pretty good. Very low chance of rain Thurs-Saturday, with almost nothing on Friday. Looks chilly though - around 50 degrees @ 5pm Friday, dropping down into the 40's by 9pm - hoping that keeps some folks away. If anyone is there and sees me make sure to say HI. Praying this week goes by fast!

See, I literally think B&M flyers are the comfiest things ever

Agreed. S:UF was my first flyer and I avoided it due to the lines and finally rode it not having to wait at all for the front row @ CAD last year. I could not believe how comfortable it was. We rode it again in June and got "stuck" on the break run for about 10 minutes. Were told they'd have to evacuate us but they eventually got us moving. Even that was not that bad. Vekoma flyers? Hate them.

I'm looking for some advice on which day to pick to head to Great Adventure out of:

Saturday, May 16, which is BAF for $14.99

Sunday, May 17, which is BAF for free.

All dates from April 18 to May 31 (besides some Sundays which are BAF Free) are included in the $14.99 deal, so I'm thinking it's best to avoid the Sunday where it's free?

Are the BAF Free days significantly more crowded?

Thank you in advance!

My favorite part is "Thanks, Six Flags Great Adventure". As if that's all they would say. Why would they even say "Thanks"?

That post is so laughably fake. Let's get the real discussion moving again. Even hearing people complain about how El Diablo isn't a Rollercoaster is more relevant discussion.

One of the nice changes for the 2015 season that I'm surprised hasn't been mentioned yet is the modification to Green Lantern's queue. Gone are the days of the rigid queue path that forced you to walk around (unless you're a rule-breaking beatnik who cut through the bars). Now they've installed chains that can be opened for when that part of the queue is unnecessary (which is about 99% of the time). Good move!

I was happy to see that change. I always had people cut in front of me because I refused to climb over the bars and if the park is crowded enough to have that section of the queue being used, I don't want to be there anyway (the past few years during Fright Fest they even had an overflow queue with chains and trashcans for Green Lantern and other coasters).