TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Maybe I'm not understanding it right, maybe it's an April Fool's joke, but does this mean the park will be open all-nighters from Saturday to Sunday during Fright Fest?

No, that means the park is open until Midnight, then closes. And the following day reopens at 11am. 11 hour gap there.

EDIT: Scratch that. I see what you're saying now. I was looking at Friday-Saturday, not Saturday-Sunday.

EDIT 2: So looking at the text below the calendar, I think that's just a bug with the calendar view. The text below lists the hours as:

Friday, October 23: 5:30pm to 12:00am

Saturday, October 24: 11:00am to 12:00am

Sunday, October 25: 11:00am to 10:00pm

How crowded does this park get between late June and early July? Are students on break or in school during the weekdays and is it usual for working people to take their holiday this period? I'm thinking of 20th of June to 3rd of July.

^ Depends on the day. Kids are out of school during that time. Weekdays would be preferable to weekends. During the day the park has a lot of camp groups visiting, but they usually leave by 4-5 pm. A flash pass isn't usually necessary on weekdays, but that varies. I'd wait until after I arrive to decide on whether or not to buy one.

^ I went on the last Sunday in June last year and we managed to do a lot without getting a Flash Pass. It was a nice day, kind of hot too, and moderately crowded but we still got on Toro more than once, and did almost everything else in the park we wanted to.

Weekdays in June I can't speak of since the only weekdays I went last summer were in mid July and then mid August, both of those weekdays I got a Flash Pass (one day we *almost* didn't need it - a Wednesday in July, the other day we definitely did, a Friday in August, Bring-A-Friend Free day).

Two things to consider about the last week of June 2015 @ the park: the beginning of that week is when Coaster Con 2015 will be @ the park (not sure how this will affect crowds), and Batman will likely not be running at all that week since they'll be installing the backwards trains on it to start running them July 4th.

Thank you both Genx24 and Boldikus. Great info. I'm more bummed about not getting to ride Batman backwards than it probably beeing down as I got to ride it last year anyway. The main draw this year is getting on Kingda-Ka and Superman as I never got to ride them last year. Still I want to get as much out of my visit as possible.

Coaster Con you say? Fill me in on this event.

http://www.coastercon.com/html/2015_con.html

Thank you. I'm guessing that might make the lines a little longer.

I think the bigger concern should be that they'll have ERT in the morning and at night and I believe they are there that Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. So some rides may be closed off, unless their ERT is before/after the park opens, which I'm not sure of.

I think the bigger concern should be that they'll have ERT in the morning and at night and I believe they are there that Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. So some rides may be closed off, unless their ERT is before/after the park opens, which I'm not sure of.

All I can read out of that is "Become an ACE member to go with your Club TPR and European Coaster Club memberships, sign up for the event and get some ERT".

All I can read out of that is "Become an ACE member to go with your Club TPR and European Coaster Club memberships, sign up for the event and get some ERT".

Well, yeah. Im not an ACEr and not trying to promote for them, I just know its their event as I did look into participating but I just don't have the coin right now. Also, @Swede - check your PMs.

Maybe I'm not understanding it right, maybe it's an April Fool's joke, but does this mean the park will be open all-nighters from Saturday to Sunday during Fright Fest?

No, that means the park is open until Midnight, then closes. And the following day reopens at 11am. 11 hour gap there.

EDIT: Scratch that. I see what you're saying now. I was looking at Friday-Saturday, not Saturday-Sunday.

EDIT 2: So looking at the text below the calendar, I think that's just a bug with the calendar view. The text below lists the hours as:

Friday, October 23: 5:30pm to 12:00am

Saturday, October 24: 11:00am to 12:00am

Sunday, October 25: 11:00am to 10:00pm

Thanks. Good call.

You know whats really exciting about Holiday in the Park @ GAdv? I'll finally be able to ride a coaster on my birthday without having to travel somewhere warm!!! Score!

Well, yeah. Im not an ACEr and not trying to promote for them, I just know its their event as I did look into participating but I just don't have the coin right now. Also, @Swede - check your PMs.

EDIT: Looks to me like evening ERT is during normal operating hours.

I see now what you mean with the coin btw. I thought it was a one day deal at the park. June 21st to 23rd is a definite no-go.

Edited by Swede

You know whats really exciting about Holiday in the Park @ GAdv? I'll finally be able to ride a coaster on my birthday without having to travel somewhere warm!!! Score!

That's awesome but your birthday would still be a perfect excuse to go to Dollywood for Smoky Mountain Christmas. A Smoky Mountain Christmas is the best kind of Christmas.

That's awesome but your birthday would still be a perfect excuse to go to Dollywood for Smoky Mountain Christmas. A Smoky Mountain Christmas is the best kind of Christmas.

Take me with you!!!!

edit: In all seriousness, my b-day is first week of Dec. I had been slowly convincing the missus to go to BGT with me this year so I could spend my b-day there (and because its at the top of my park bucketlist and its warm, duh) but then we booked CP for Memorial Day and with our big move having just happened (and the fact we are currently living in a construction zone) I can't justify two big trips this year.

Dollywood is definitely not far behind on my list, and your reports about Smokey Mountain Xmas definitely makes visiting that park at that time of year even more enticing.

Hey guys!

I might be attending the park tomorrow, and I have never been on opening day before.

Are the lines usually long on opening days?

And, will any of the coasters be closed?

With the weather tomorrow, I'm not even sure if the drive down is worth it with the high chance of rain and lightning though.

^ Lines depend on crowds, and given tomorrow's forecast, I'm betting crowds won't be overwhelming. If it does indeed rain tomorrow, Kingda Ka will most likely be closed. But besides that, GAdv's rain policy is great in that they don't close anything.

If it could be an electrical storm they close the whole park down more or less. Happened to me last year. I waited an hour in the pouring rain before leaving without hearing thunder or seeing lightning. Asked several workers if they open the rides again and all said no. Second I left the park I see rides running again. Asked if I could re-enter but was denied. Nice after a 12 hour trans-atlantic flight.