TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

To back up what some people were saying earlier, El Diablo will be a good addition if only for the fact that the wasteland left in Rolling Thunder's wake will be cleaned up.

Movie Town needs tons of work. El Toro's been plastered with a banner and ads. Kingda Ka is operated like crap and the Golden Kingdom in general isn't, well, the Golden Kingdom. Bizarro's ops didn't have any reason to run three trains in 2014. The park is desperately lacking shows. The midways are cracked to pieces in some areas. The water tower looks like Batman theming, not in a good way. The parking lot is borderline illegal, and it seems they have absolutely no intention of fixing it. The park seriously could use another water ride. The opening procedures/gold pass entry is a mess and I hate every part of it. I don't ride Superman anymore because of its operations. Nitro's queue bars are one foot tall, and the ride looks like crap. It's junkyard themed.

I agree with just about all of these glaring points you made (especially the disgusting ads plastered on El Toro and other attractions), but I heard somewhere that the parking lot is going to be fixed up, so there's at least something to look forward to!

Also as much as I'd love the Golden Kingdom shortcut to reopen, I'm 99% certain it isn't that one

Expect an "old" pathway to reopen this season (extra emphasis on the word old).

Emphasis on "old", as in "Old Country"?

Are you allowed to give any more details?

You'll see for yourself when the park opens in a few weeks

I agree with just about all of these glaring points you made (especially the disgusting ads plastered on El Toro and other attractions), but I heard somewhere that the parking lot is going to be fixed up, so there's at least something to look forward to!

There are actually no immediate plans to fix up the parking lot. Doing so would cost 10 million apparently and it's not something the park wants to invest in at the moment.

There are actually no immediate plans to fix up the parking lot. Doing so would cost 10 million apparently and it's not something the park wants to invest in at the moment.

Why spend money on fixing up the parking lott?

ACE New Jersey Region just posted on their FB page:

"Six Flags Great Adventure surprise ride announcement tomorrow morning at 5 am. Stay tuned for the super news!"

Namtab?

To add more fuel to the Namtab speculation fire, I just read in the SFGAdv Connoisseurs FB group that according to the Coaster Con registration form "Batman the Ride will be closed when the Con is there end of June 2015".

Old Country being closed doesn't bother me in the slightest... I don't care at all.

Golden Kingdom being 2 separate areas that aren't connected and the walk from El Toro to Kingda Ka being unbelievably long for no reason annoys me much more.

I hope it's a second Larson Looper. They could advertise it as a direct replacement to rolling thunder's racing aspect.

You mean "Lightning Looping Dragons", but I don't think that is the announcment.

It will be NAMTAB, but the only way to access the ride will be to walk backwards through the Old Country

I hope it's a second Larson Looper. They could advertise it as a direct replacement to rolling thunder's racing aspect.

You mean "Lightning Looping Dragons", but I don't think that is the announcment.

It will be NAMTAB, but the only way to access the ride will be to walk backwards through the Old Country

Excuse me, I think you meant EL Lightning Looping Dragons. It's in PDC now and Six Flags idea of the ming is putting El in the name.

Weren't they messing around with some of the 'Jumping Jack Flash' parts that were in the boneyard two or so years ago? I vaugly even remember them teasing it but I could be making that up. If I recall, most of if not the entire ride is still on park property.

Just relaying an idea being tossed around at GAH, perhaps this isn't only Batman backwards, but the re-opening of Old Country along with another Larson flat ride (Tilt a whirl or Flying Scooters) in the currently abandoned section, anchored in 2016 by either a dark ride or a new coaster? Being incredibly optimistic with that one, and frankly I don't see it happening this late in the offseason, but perhaps there's a twinkle of hope; a vision to slowly inch Great Adventure back to where it was in its best days.

...or it's just reversing the trains on a 22 year old coaster. 'MERICA!

How is the park for opening weekend, generally? Not so much about crowds and slow operations. I have not been to the park since toro first opened but planning on going opening weekend. Should I expect all rides to be open? Seems like it's still winter and with less then two weeks to go until opening is the park going to be ready?

From my experience at last year's opening day, it was hit or miss. Ka will be open this year of course, but some rumors say Nitro may not be operational. Can't say for sure, though. In general, it's an okay time to go, depending on the weather. Operations were pretty average, food service was awful, etc. I'd say it's worth a visit to check it out without being packed, having not been for so long. Your call.