TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Does anyone know of a reason the park wouldn't reopen the path? Or why did it even close in the first place? I just dont see the logic behind keeping this path closed.

It is the park's way of keeping their stupid patrons (those who want to ride Kingda Ka) away from their intelligent patrons (those who prefer El Toro)

^That's exactly why. Even though it hasn't helped anything. And they will never open it because they are afraid that it will negatively affect the games in the boardwalk. I mean if opening two new rides in 2 years in the non connected areas doesn't make them open it I don't think anything will.

Why else would they have you circumnavigate around a quarter of the park? To them, it seems like if they opened that path, then it would render the boardwalk almost useless, so to keep people spending, make them go through the most heavily condensed games/food section of the park. However, it would have been nice if El Diablo bridged the gap between the two sections. But whatever.

We have always known Six Flags is a slimey company, but pathgate at GADV is really turning into something past a stupid path. Its the fact that Six Flags will do absolutely nothing to increase guest satisfaction but want you to pay more and more for a worse experience.

Want people to play games? Dont force them to pay $1 at every single ride for the prize they won. Want people to buy more food? Offer decent food at decent prices. How hard is it for Six Flags to come up with a menu of simple meals for $6-$8 each like virtually every single restaurant on planet earth does. Believe me, re-routing paths isn't going to get me to pay $12 for a slice of pizza and a soda When I can get an entire pie for that much 5 minutes out of the gate.

Six Flags is like Taylor Swift... they just can't realize that maybe THEY are the problem.

Want people to play games? Dont force them to pay $1 at every single ride for the prize they won.

They don't. There are seven rides you can't leave articles on the platform.

Want people to buy more food? Offer decent food at decent prices. How hard is it for Six Flags to come up with a menu of simple meals for $6-$8 each like virtually every single restaurant on planet earth does.

They aren't a restaurant. Their prices are in line with most major parks and arenas that I've been to the last several years. Generally speaking Six Flags offers lower admission pricing than most major parks and makes it up with their parking, food, and retail revenues.

Want people to play games? Dont force them to pay $1 at every single ride for the prize they won.

They don't. There are seven rides you can't leave articles on the platform.

Want people to buy more food? Offer decent food at decent prices. How hard is it for Six Flags to come up with a menu of simple meals for $6-$8 each like virtually every single restaurant on planet earth does.

They aren't a restaurant. Their prices are in line with most major parks and arenas that I've been to the last several years. Generally speaking Six Flags offers lower admission pricing than most major parks and makes it up with their parking, food, and retail revenues.

I would agree their food pricing, although very expensive, is right there with most major parks. I wouldn't necessarily agree on the admission pricing, however. For season passes, yes, they are dirt cheap. However, those with passes that visit more frequently are probably not as likely to buy food/merchandise as often as those that buy single day tickets.

For those that are only visiting once or twice a year and don't buy season passes, they are paying between $40 and $70 for admission (gate price w/tax, ~$70), $25 for parking, and likely one or two meals and merchandise. This alone can reach $100 per person, per visit. Add on a flash pass, and the park is making a killing. In these terms, their prices are much higher for admission/parking than their competition, but for passhooders, their prices are much lower, which explains why they have such a high concentration of passholders.

^^^There are 12 rides that you can't leave your articles in the station for just to clarify.

And again while I do love Great Adventure looking at their competitors (Hershey and Dorney) if I am a family looking to spend a day at an amusement park I would probably go to Hershey or Dorney well before great adventure because there is much more to do at a much cheaper price. Cheaper and better food options, included water park, shows etc...

I am planning on visiting the park on Monday June 8th, I am planning on getting a gold level Flash Pass, will this be needed, or will I be fine without one?

I say fine without one. It's a weekday, kids are still in school and parents have work. No waits should be over an hour.

I am planning on visiting the park on Monday June 8th, I am planning on getting a gold level Flash Pass, will this be needed, or will I be fine without one?

I'd get one just so your assured multiple rides on the parks newest coaster, Looping Dragon.

I was there on a weekday in the beginning of June and the longest line I stood in was KindaKa at about 45m, El toro was 5-30m throughout the day! So no need for flashpass imo.

I'd get one just so your assured multiple rides on the parks newest coaster, Looping Dragon.

I don't know why but the subtle sarcasm in this post is amazing. +1 to you sir.

It's El Diablo now though (I think... who cares?)

The insignificance of the new addition was emphasized when they, on a whim, changed the name and location. I'm not sure thats ever been done after an anouncement before.

Well, Mantis wasn't originally Mantis, but that was for a different reason... However, I've never heard of a ride just switching location.

It's really strange that they would just change the name and location because they can.

Wait, does this mean that there wasn't any prep work done in that time between announcement of Looping Dragon and the switch over to El Diablo, or could this have been the plan all along?

The insignificance of the new addition was emphasized when they, on a whim, changed the name and location. I'm not sure thats ever been done after an anouncement before.

I think something similar may have happened in '99 when they did the "omfg double the size of the park" shenanigans, but that's a unique case with just so many rides that they needed to figure out how to fit all of them and get them in working order at some point, which really only lasted about a year. If only they had spread some of their capital out over the years and saved themselves from bankruptcy.

On a related topic, from the write up about Winter Adventure several pages back... if Great Adventure spent $50 million over two years on Kingda Ka, imagine what they could have done if they went with something a little more responsible. They could have had a giga coaster and El Toro for the same price. What a waste!

But they wouldn't have had the tallest/fastest record, which was the entire purpose of the investment. Shame.

I think something similar may have happened in '99 when they did the "omfg double the size of the park" shenanigans, but that's a unique case with just so many rides that they needed to figure out how to fit all of them and get them in working order at some point, which really only lasted about a year. If only they had spread some of their capital out over the years and saved themselves from bankruptcy.

Oh yeah. That was the War On Lines of 1999 where they added all those rides that you'd find at a Premier Six Flags rather than an established chain member like Great Adventure. No offense to any of the Six Flags parks, Discovery Kingdom's my home park.

What? The resturants inside the park is resturants. Is it even possible to argue on that? Resturants should always serve food that matches the pricing. I dont mind paying a little extra because its a resturant inside a park but then I expect the food to be decent.

There are parks offering great food.