TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

I believe he is talking about this picture. http://www.sixflags.com/parks/greatadventure/images/drop02.jpg But that is just the rendering so they may and probably will not be there on the actual trains.

The trains have modifications that werent shown on the rendering. They look exactly like Joe explained. The seats look deep like Dragster also. Joe must be an A-Lister.

Well considering Joe is very much in the know with the person who created the rendering, chances are he actually saw pictures of the trains. Of course, that actual rendering above looks much like the other Intamin woodies from what I can see. I'd imagine the trains were changed to more of the Superman at SFNE type restraints because of that accident. If Joe says the restraints are changed, I'd put my money on what he says. You'll all see for yourselves in another 18 months when the coaster is finally finished. Go New Jersey Unions!

^Awww Matt, now you're just holding out on us!

If it is true that these will be G-Style Restraints, I fear for my legs on the twister section. I mean I think I still have the bruises from Legend at SRM 2001!

Honestly it wouldn't be a surprise to NOT see the T-Bars, as Intamin has yet to build a new ride with them since the Accidents started.

^I'll be honest, I had never even heard of Galaxy Express 999 until your post! Good to know!

As for riders "behaving"... If everyone in life would just behave, we wouldn't need laws either. The truth is that people are stupid, and do stupid things, and the parks neet to cover their for fear of being sued.

I like the S&S new restraints as found on Powder Keg. Don't know how heavy they'd make a wood coaster train though. I also don't mind the Giovanola restraints as found on Goliath SFMM and Titan SFOT. If Intamin went more like that I wouldn't be bothered too much. They hopefully won't be like the Gerstlauer trains as found on some CCIs, though with Intamin I don't think the twister section will be anything but smooth with nice transitions.

^Awww Matt, now you're just holding out on us!

If it is true that these will be G-Style Restraints, I fear for my legs on the twister section. I mean I think I still have the bruises from Legend at SRM 2001!

Honestly it wouldn't be a surprise to NOT see the T-Bars, as Intamin has yet to build a new ride with them since the Accidents started.

Yeah im a prude. Will have plenty of pictures by the end of tommorow. Matt

Well, all I will say is that most people will not like them. I think the ride will rock anyway but they are definately a little over the top in terms of being safe. Should we be surprised? This is NJ afterall.

Pictures will come in this weekend once the park opens. Of course, they may have moved them or covered them.